ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship for HSMP Depedent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

crownt
Newly Registered

Citizenship for HSMP Depedent

Post by crownt » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:24 pm

I got my ILR and now applying for citizenship in next month ( October/2009 ) after completing my 5 years.

My spouse also got ILR with me and has been here for 4.6 years, but 5 years not completed yet.

Can my spouse apply for citizenship with me or she has to wait to complete her 5 years ?

ukjobaspirer

Re: Citizenship for HSMP Depedent

Post by ukjobaspirer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:31 am

crownt wrote:I got my ILR and now applying for citizenship in next month ( October/2009 ) after completing my 5 years.

My spouse also got ILR with me and has been here for 4.6 years, but 5 years not completed yet.

Can my spouse apply for citizenship with me or she has to wait to complete her 5 years ?
She can apply as long as you both have lived together in UK atleast for the past 2 years

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 am

ukjobaspirer wrote:
crownt wrote:I got my ILR and now applying for citizenship in next month ( October/2009 ) after completing my 5 years.

She can apply as long as you both have lived together in UK atleast for the past 2 years
Are you sure?

I think for applying for BC you have to be in UK for 5 years in which one year need to be on ILR.

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:35 am

HSMP2008_JANUARY wrote:
ukjobaspirer wrote:

Are you sure?

I think for applying for BC you have to be in UK for 5 years in which one year need to be on ILR.
Look in this page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ettlement/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/
Partners of highly skilled workers are eligible to apply for settlement at the same time as the highly skilled worker, provided they have lived with their partners in the United Kingdom for a minimum of two years before applying for settlement.

Children of highly skilled workers are eligible to apply for settlement at the same time as the highly skilled worker, provided the child meets the requirements of the immigration rules.

I think its like this - 5 years => PR.. and then after 1 year you can apply for citizenship.

crownt
Newly Registered

Post by crownt » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:21 am

Thank you for your reply.

My understanding is that she can not apply with me. She has either need to complete her 5 years or she can apply immediatley once I got my citisenship ( means after her 3 years which she has already completed).

Another way may be where I should delay my application till her 5 years completed (April/2010) and then we can apply together.

I would really appreciate if anyone can provide any further information.

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:11 pm

ukjobaspirer wrote:
HSMP2008_JANUARY wrote:
ukjobaspirer wrote:

Are you sure?

Look in this page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ettlement/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/
Partners of highly skilled workers are eligible to apply for settlement at the same time as the highly skilled worker, provided they have lived with their partners in the United Kingdom for a minimum of two years before applying for settlement.

Children of highly skilled workers are eligible to apply for settlement at the same time as the highly skilled worker, provided the child meets the requirements of the immigration rules.

I think its like this - 5 years => PR.. and then after 1 year you can apply for citizenship.
Settlement is different than applying for BC. OP was asking for BC and not settlement. I understand that settlement means you are out of immigration control ( PR ).
Correct me if I am wrong.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:58 pm

crownt wrote:Thank you for your reply.

My understanding is that she can not apply with me. She has either need to complete her 5 years or she can apply immediatley once I got my citisenship ( means after her 3 years which she has already completed).

Another way may be where I should delay my application till her 5 years completed (April/2010) and then we can apply together.

My advice would be for both of you to apply together purely for cost reasons. If you have any doubt then wait till April. It is not far away, and anyway you have ILR so there is no rush to meet a deadline of any sort.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

crownt
Newly Registered

Post by crownt » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Correct. I am not asking for settlement. I am asking for BC.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:40 pm

crownt wrote:Thank you for your reply.

Your understanding is correct.

If you ask me I would say apply for yourself as quickly as you can if you can afford the extra cash outflow. You never know circumstances and rules might change in 6 months.