ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:22 am

Salaam all,

Sorry - was incommunicado, since I'm in Pakistan and it was Eid, it is chaotic! To answer the Q's, my wife applied on June 11th from Lahore.

It was my MP who find out the status for us, and the UKBA took exactly 12 weeks and 2 extra days (taking into account 2 Public Holidays).

Unsure how long more it will take for the passport to be stamped and sent back to Lahore, but inshallah won't be that long. Let me know if any1 else needs any help! A Late Eid Mubarak to all.

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:51 am

hi R1z

did ur hubby collect his passport? what happened?

was794

Post by was794 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:10 am

-
check this article out on guardian website :

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... n-students

Post by 2036789 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:45 am

well its exactly 16 weeks since my missus applied today, i hope inshgallah everyone hears something in the copming weeks
MM

NAJRAJ
Newly Registered

Post by NAJRAJ » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:32 pm

I dont think they are being ignorant, they just get sick and tired of people wanting an update every week after lodging an application. I think some people are just a bit to impatient after lodging an application and want immediate answers.

The staff at UKBA or BHC AbuDhabi wont respond to people untill the minimum waiting time they have stated is up ( which is about 90 working days at the moment).

The other thing to remember is that Pakistan is one of the highest per number of visa applications to the UK, so that is why it takes a bit longer than in other countries.
Hi batleykhan

Under normal circumstances I dont think that I would have e-mailed UKHUB or even have got my local MP involved. But I am currently in my third trimester of pregnancy and as you can imagine I was starting to get slightly stressed. I guess the outcome of whether the visa is issued or not is your fate but knowing that something is happening with your application was for me more important, considering all the things that have and can go wrong.

The UKHUB responded to me at day 73 which is before the 90 days processing times.

I do agree with you however and don't think they are being ignorant but would rather respond when they have something to tell you.

I pray that Insha'Allah we will all hear news soon and that it is good news for all.

Regards

NAJRAJ

SjD624
Newly Registered

Urgent Help Required!

Post by SjD624 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi All,

Well this is the situation. I am a work permit holder working in London for the past 4 years. I got married last December and my wife appliead for her dependant visa on June 15th 2009 from Khi.

We got the result on the 14th of Sep 2009, that our application had been refused. The reason being that the rental agreement for my house that we had submitted expired towards the end of Aug. My agreement is a rolling contract and is renewed only a month in advance of expiry at most. Hence it was the only valid document I could produce at the time of submission in July. We also had submitted alll our rental slips and the required letter of approval stating how many rooms etc. there are in the property and so on.

Now I have spoken to a couple of lawyers here and they are advising me to appeal as it is a straight forward case and we would get a hearing in January at the most. However consultants in Khi have told my wife that an appeal would take too long so she should re apply.

Can anyone please give me advice as to what we should do? How long would it take for us to get a visa if inshaAllah we have a successful hearing in jan? Any advice would be much appreciated.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:17 pm

What you need to do before you reapply or appeal is to write a letter to the Entry Clearance Manager where you applied, explaining the mistake. Send another full 6 months plus tenancy agreement for the same premises.

If you are lucky the ECM might overturn the original decision when he see the new tenancy agreement to prove that you have sufficient and secure accomodation.

If this happens you have saved yourself something like 6 months waiting for an appeal hearing, and saved yourself money on reapplying.

However knowing some of the greedy buggers at the BHC, they will probally not overturn the decision till you reapply and pay for it all over again, in which case they might grant it.

It is a well known fact it happens in the Indo subcontient.

Dont bother appealing, it takes to long, best to reapply if above fails

SjD624
Newly Registered

Post by SjD624 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:15 pm

batleykhan wrote:What you need to do before you reapply or appeal is to write a letter to the Entry Clearance Manager where you applied, explaining the mistake. Send another full 6 months plus tenancy agreement for the same premises.

If you are lucky the ECM might overturn the original decision when he see the new tenancy agreement to prove that you have sufficient and secure accomodation.

If this happens you have saved yourself something like 6 months waiting for an appeal hearing, and saved yourself money on reapplying.

However knowing some of the greedy buggers at the BHC, they will probally not overturn the decision till you reapply and pay for it all over again, in which case they might grant it.

It is a well known fact it happens in the Indo subcontient.

Dont bother appealing, it takes to long, best to reapply if above fails

Hi, thanks for your reply. We did send an email back to the ECM stating the reasons why we thought there had been a mistake. However we did not attach any documentation. We got a reply saying that we need to register an appeal which will then first be considered by the ECM and then if not upheld (i.e decision overturned) they will forward it on for a hearing.

Should we again send a letter with the valid documents?? As you said yourself the chances of the decision being overturned are slim. Also you said it would take 6 months for a hearing date, is that the average wait time for an appeal?

Also I have a question in case we do reapply, I did not have a clear idea of what ammount of savings I need to show for our application under Work Permit Dependant. We did submit my bank statements and my wives as well. Recently my friend who got married in March had his application refused due to lack of funds. Similar story for my cousin who applied for his parents visit visa. I hope you can understand, once bitten twice shy. Don't want to leave any stone un-turned. Can you help?

Thanks again.

R1z
Newly Registered

Post by R1z » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:05 pm

Salaam Sahdi

Thank u for remembering and asking.

My husband's visa got rejected; reason being that I'm on public funds which is incorrect; My bank account has less than two hundred - another mistake and they're not sure why we haven't any photos of meeting each other before marriage - i guess they want a before and after shots!!!

It's absolutely ridiculous as appeal cases cost them more-I'm very upset.

Still in the process of working out whether to appeal or get a review - like the rest of us.

Alhamdulillah I'm very strong, we all have to keep faith as the whole Pakistan system seems to go from bad to worse. Inshallah we all will eventually get good news whether it's today or in a year's time. Finally, I think I may consider compensation and advice anyone in the same situation to do the same.

I hope you will hear something soon, all the best to all out there.

Post by 2036789 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:24 pm

hi riz very sorry about your refusal, may Allah T'allah give you the strength to get through this. Can you elaborate on why did they think your on public funds if you are not and why did thy say you only have 200 pounds in your account how much was your end balance showing in your bank statement.
MM

SjD624
Newly Registered

Post by SjD624 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:30 pm

hi Riz, I am so sorry for you both. I can understand what you're going through as I am facing a similar situation at the moment. Keep strong inshaAllah things will work out for you and all of us.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:32 pm

SjD624

Email is not good enough and not accepted. Sometime they do accept a written letter explaining circumstances. Th eofficial way is for you to complete the AIT2 form you were given when you wife was refused. It must b ecomplated and returned within 28 days otherwise your chances of appealing against this refusal is gone, and you will have no alternative but to reapply.

On recipt of Appeal notice the ECM will have to reconsider the earlier decision and decide whether it is correct in view of teh recent information you have supplied (new and valid tennancy agreement). If he thinks you meet the requirement, he will issue visa without the matter going to full hearing.If he is still not satisfied then I am afraid its a minimym 6 months wait for a hearing and then a further 3 months before the visa is stamped in passport.

If you have to reapply, then you need to send all new documents again and pay all over again. I think you have to have a certain amaount of money in your bank account as well as for a certain period for this type of visa. Check some of the other posts here.

Hope this helps.

batleykhan

Help

Post by batleykhan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Riz

Explain full reasons for refusal ( as per refusal notice) and I will advise you what to do.

If you want you can send me pm or email me at batleykhan@googlemail.com, if you dont want others to know the reasons

b92753

Post by b92753 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Salaam Batley Khan, Mashallah you have a very long life- i was thinking where have you gone and as soon as i log on and your there. Hope ramadan went well?

Batley Khan when a settlement visa is issued can the person go back to pakistan within the two year period ? From my Knowledge the person is allowed to go back but no more than 90 days in one go. Is this correct Please advise ?

thanks
usman

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:36 pm

R1z,

Really sad to hear this news from you. They do it purposely, as they did in my case. My wife is a permanent assistant teacher in a school and at the time of application she was earning 1200 per month and she had 10000 pounds in her personal account for last 1 year, they said we are refusing your visa coz we are afraid that your wife's salary is less thn 95 pounds a week and you cant live with public funds.

INSHALLAH, evrything gonna be ok. Ask your husband to scan n email the refusal letter to you so you can consult with a good lawyer in uk and submit the appeal on behalf of your husband in the UK. Which city are you from ?

regards

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Batley Khan when a settlement visa is issued can the person go back to pakistan within the two year period ? From my Knowledge the person is allowed to go back but no more than 90 days in one go. Is this correct Please advise ?
You can go back at any time within the two year period.The 90 days that you refer to is not exactly true. There is no minimum or maximum period for which you can stay out of teh country.It depends on people circumstances.

Obviously if you stay out to long, it means you have to first of all apply and pay for FLR ( further leave to remain) and the ILR (indefinite leave to remain) which could work out quite expensive.

If you dont stay out to long then you apply for ILR straight away, thus saving yourself about £400.

Hope this helps.

Ps: Sorry was busy with Ibaadat and making duas for alll of you during Ramzan, thats why I was not posting

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:57 pm

NSHALLAH, evrything gonna be ok. Ask your husband to scan n email the refusal letter to you so you can consult with a good lawyer in uk and submit the appeal on behalf of your husband in the UK. Which city are you from ?
You must send the original Refusal Notice and AIT2 form,(not email) to your sponsor as he needs to complete the original AIT Form and must send the original Refusal Notice when appealing ( Copy versions of the above forms are not accepted for appeal purposes....... bear that in mind)

Also remember your appeal form must be lodged within 28 days of the day you were HANDED the refusal notice... not the date that it is dated.... otherwise your right of appeal is gone.

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:02 am

salaam r1z

so sorry about ur hubbys visa, u must be devastated, maybe you can post the exact reason for your refusal, and members can help you out. Keep strong, and keep your faith ur Allah.

SjD624
Newly Registered

Post by SjD624 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:26 am

Hi batleykhan,

Thank you so much for your detailed response it's really appreciated. It seems from some of the earlier responses and your reply that an appeal can take well up to 6-8 months.

I spoke to a lawyer regarding our case and he assured me that I would get a January hearing if we apply now, though he didnt give me a straight answer of how long from then it would take to get the visa. He just went,"It could be 1-2 months inshaAllah or so".

He also told me its better to appeal than to reapply as my appeal may take long but has a v good chance of success. However I still feel as I'd take my chances with a second application as atleast then I know I will get a result by Jan.

Really confused whether to appeal or re apply. just have till the first week of Oct to decide. :(

learner007

WHO TO CONTACT ?

Post by learner007 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:33 pm

Hiya i just need a bit of advice please

My Husband contacted BHC in islamabad few weeks ago and they sent him a letter saying that they cannot
trace his visa application and advised him to contact UKBAIG HUB in London.
We contacted them and they were unable to trace it either.
Now we have contacted our Local MP and she spoke to them yesterday on our behalf and told us
that they could not find his application and they will be contacting Islamabad and will update her.

I am really worried as I never thought that this could happen

Any advice what to do or who to contact

Please Hep!!!!

sabah

Re: WHO TO CONTACT ?

Post by sabah » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:42 pm

learner007 wrote:Hiya i just need a bit of advice pleaseplease can you send me your private email sister i am in the sam situation i have give you abu dubah number you call them maybe you hav elick i am not having much also all you can do is pray my husbands application is untracable then tey say name is wrong i just have got mp invilved also there is nothing more you can do and neither me just keep pushing the mp ok i keep you in my dua MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU I KNOW THE PAIN I HAVE MANY A ISSUE ALL I CAN DO IS PRAY TO ALLAH (swt) NOT EVAN A LEAF CAN MOVE WITHOUT HIS SAY SO,,IT IS ALL IN HIS HANDS,WHENDID YOU APPLY SISTR AS I SAID TELL YOUR MP I TOLD MINE A FEW CWEEKS AGO BUT I DONT HAVE MUCH LUCK SO I TELL MY HUSBNAD TO SEND ALL THE FILE COPY TO ME IN ENGLAND.I SHALL THEN INSHA ALLAH PASS IT OVER TO MY MP.SEE HPW IT GOES FROM THERE TAKE CARE 4WARD YOUR EMAIL SISTER.MY HUB APPLIED 22ND JULY SAME CIRCUMSTANCE LIKE YOU. :cry:

My Husband contacted BHC in islamabad few weeks ago and they sent him a letter saying that they cannot
trace his visa application and advised him to contact UKBAIG HUB in London.
We contacted them and they were unable to trace it either.
Now we have contacted our Local MP and she spoke to them yesterday on our behalf and told us
that they could not find his application and they will be contacting Islamabad and will update her.

I am really worried as I never thought that this could happen

Any advice what to do or who to contact

Please Hep!!!!

learner007

Post by learner007 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Salam Sabah

Plz check your inbox

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi Sabah /Learner007,

Which gerry's office did you apply from, and what is the online status of the applications?

Its maybe an idea to try the gerry's office maybe they still have the paperwork.
Regards,

Baz

learner007

Post by learner007 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:20 pm

bazzy_1 wrote:Hi Sabah /Learner007,

Which gerry's office did you apply from, and what is the online status of the applications?

Its maybe an idea to try the gerry's office maybe they still have the paperwork.

Dear Bazzy_1

My husband applied from Islamabad on 14th July

He did contact GerryFedex and they have confirmed that its still with British High Commission.
He did go there to find out but they dont have anything with them
Don't know who else to contact
Embassy didnt respond back once we asked where its gone and provided with the copy of his Tracking number

The online status says the date it was applied on and says
"Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on"

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:01 pm

batleykhan wrote:
NSHALLAH, evrything gonna be ok. Ask your husband to scan n email the refusal letter to you so you can consult with a good lawyer in uk and submit the appeal on behalf of your husband in the UK. Which city are you from ?
You must send the original Refusal Notice and AIT2 form,(not email) to your sponsor as he needs to complete the original AIT Form and must send the original Refusal Notice when appealing ( Copy versions of the above forms are not accepted for appeal purposes....... bear that in mind)

Also remember your appeal form must be lodged within 28 days of the day you were HANDED the refusal notice... not the date that it is dated.... otherwise your right of appeal is gone.

Well when my visa got refused last year, i scanned my refusal letter and emailed it to my wife in the UK. She contacted her lawyer in manchester and downloaded the AIT2 form from internet and she herself with the help of her lawyer filled up the AIT 2 form on my behalf and submitted it to the given address written in the AIT2 form. Then after the review of my appeal they gave the hearing date in april 2009 and the judge gave his decision in my favor. It doesnt matter, your lawyer in the UK or the sponsor,spouse, can lodge an appeal on your behlaf. Its better to consult a good lawyer over their. They only charge 300 pounds for it. They will write the whole case on your behalf with all the facts and figure and with all the previous proofs of documents.

Regards,