ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employment gap for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

psychecat
Newly Registered

employment gap for ILR

Post by psychecat » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:02 pm

Hello there,

I have a question regarding employment gap for applying ILR.

I had been on WP since 3/07 but was unfortunately :cry: made redundant on the 23/06/09. Since then I was on garden leave till 23/08/09 (still get paid for the two months and technically "employed" by the company).
I switched to Tier 1 general visa on the 12/08/09. So there is not gap
on my visa.

I now get a job offer :D but the starting date is going to be 03/11/09.

I now have two concerns:

1) How to calculate employment gap? Is it from my date of redundancy (23/06/09) or the end date of my garden leave (23/08/09)?

2) What's the maximum employment gap allowed for ILR application, if allowed at all?

Appreciate your help !

meats
BANNED

Re: employment gap for ILR

Post by meats » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:08 pm

psychecat wrote:Hello there,

I had been on WP since 3/07 but was unfortunately :cry: made redundant on the 23/06/09. Since then I was on garden leave till 23/08/09 (still get paid for the two months and technically "employed" by the company).
on my visa.

I now have two concerns:

1) How to calculate employment gap? Is it from my date of redundancy (23/06/09) or the end date of my garden leave (23/08/09)?

2) What's the maximum employment gap allowed for ILR application, if allowed at all?

Appreciate your help !
1) End of the gardening leave as you're still being paid up until then.

2) Not sure.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:28 am

You need not be employed ALL the time on Tier-1..However you need to employed AT THE TIME of applying for ILR.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:37 pm

When I was reading drafts for new citizenship bill, I have read it (I am not sure if its the part of final passed bill) that defination of uncontinous employment is any break more than 6 months.

pahini

Post by pahini » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm

they have some updates on this i tried to paste it here but not worked

ash20

Re: employment gap for ILR

Post by ash20 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:20 am

psychecat wrote:Hello there,

on my visa.

I now have two concerns:

Appreciate your help !
First of all there is no GAP in VISA which is good . ILR main requirement is continous visa .. for tier 1 it doesnt mean u can be employed always. if you work as contractor u can have gaps in your employment. All they need that you are econmically active. for WP if you are made redundant then your employment is over and visa also.
In your case since u switched to Tier 1 so all u need to show you are econimically active. You dont have to mention the employment GAP. It is technically not applicable for you.
This is my understanding perhaps any senior member can give their opinion too. To me you are ok .. no issues at all.

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:23 pm

I guess you are right as contractors are expected to have gaps in employment.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:43 am

Two important points about ILR espcially for same day service

1. economically active for contionous three months before making ILR application

2. If you have P60's/Pay slips covering full period of work permit employment+ some from of documentation for economic activity to cover Tier 1 period. you should be fine.