ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there any senior member who can write on this issue ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adeelkhan
Newly Registered

Is there any senior member who can write on this issue ?

Post by adeelkhan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:31 pm

Hello Guys,
I am in UK on a student visa. My final 4 papers remaining from ACCA and i have got degree of B.Sc. Hons. from Oxford Brookes University in Applied Accounting. My PSW visa application is considered invalid because of insufficient documents but it is not refused yet.

The issue under consideration is that i am hope less that i will be able to switch to work permit due to the reason of huge pool of job seekers who do not require work permit such as EU workers and to secure HSMP is also too much difficult because of change of policies. Such as even i struggle and qualify as ACCA to satisfy the requirement of a Master's degree, and even i get 2 years Accountancy experience the chances are very bleak that i would be earning £2500-£3000/month to satisfy the requirement of previous earnings.

This PSW visa was considered to be a bridge to secure a work permit or HSMP which is in reality seems more likely to be a broken bridge and i think that i will be chasing my dream and chance of switching to HSMP or work permit is 10%.

My studies are also disturbed here.

I am thinking to go back to Pakistan and apply as HSMP to any developed country perhaps to Australia. Accountants are also in shortage there. Australia is also awarding permanent residency (PR) to HSMPs.

I am thinking this because it seems more likely to me that i will be wasting my further 2 years here. At the end of the 2 years i will be left with 2 options either to switch back to student visa or go back to Pakistan.

Is there any one experienced person who can write about my judgement ?

vinata

Post by vinata » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:31 am

I personally applied for psw on the basis of ACCA plus the degree from OBU. I didn't have any problems with the qualification issue. So, I belive it shouldn't be a problem for you as well.

As regards you second question I can say the following.

Your full ACCA qualification (all 14 papers) is an equivalent to master degree even without a 3 years professional experience. All you need to do is to send your all your certificates from ACCA to UK NARIC and request a certificate of comparability. They should provide you with the letter that ACCA is an equivalent to masters degree. You then attach this letter together with your original certificate from ACCA to the HSMP visa application and you should get 35 points for qualification.

However, earnings seems to be another problem for you. I understand you are over 32 years old therefore cannot claim any points for the age. So, you min earning should be at least £32,000 pa. This is not unrealistic. Most fully qualified accountants are able to get this kind of pay straight away after the completion of the ACCA. However, due to the economic downturn, it could be a bit difficult these days.

So, my advice to you would be to complete the ACCA, then get any accountancy job (just to get the job experience for about 6 month), and then start looking for a job which should give you at least £32,000 of desired earnigs. If you are not able to get this kind of salary for any reason, then you can simply apply to Australia or the US by relying on your Oxford Brookes, full ACCA and 2 years of professional experience. It would be much more credible in your future applications to have the job experience than not to.

So, even if you don't qualify under the points based system in the UK, you can apply to any other country and your future application should look good provided you do all the above. Good luck.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:25 pm

I think you should get the PSW first and then think about finding job in the UK or even else where. It wouldn't hurt to get the PSW i before you leave home or even before you lose your chances of applying (after a year). PSW may help you get other visas from other countries.. so...!!!
________
30 Rock Forums