ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling all Work Permit and HSMP holders to help me

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adeelkhan
Newly Registered

Calling all Work Permit and HSMP holders to help me

Post by adeelkhan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Hello Guys,
I am in UK on a student visa. My final 4 papers remaining from ACCA and i have got degree of B.Sc. Hons. from Oxford Brookes University in Applied Accounting. My PSW visa application is considered invalid because of insufficient documents but it is not refused yet.

The issue under consideration is that i am hope less that i will be able to switch to work permit due to the reason of huge pool of job seekers who do not require work permit such as EU workers and to secure HSMP is also too much difficult because of change of policies. Such as even i struggle and qualify as ACCA to satisfy the requirement of a Master's degree, and even i get 2 years Accountancy experience the chances are very bleak that i would be earning £2500-£3000/month to satisfy the requirement of previous earnings.

This PSW visa was considered to be a bridge to secure a work permit or HSMP which is in reality seems more likely to be a broken bridge and i think that i will be chasing my dream and chance of switching to HSMP or work permit is 10%.

My studies are also disturbed here.

I am thinking to go back to Pakistan and apply as HSMP to any developed country perhaps to Australia. Accountants are also in shortage there. Australia is also awarding permanent residency (PR) to HSMPs.

I am thinking this because it seems more likely to me that i will be wasting my further 2 years here. At the end of the 2 years i will be left with 2 options either to switch back to student visa or go back to Pakistan.

Is there any one experienced person who can write about my judgement ?

adeelkhan
Newly Registered

No one out there

Post by adeelkhan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Hello Guys,

I wrote about an issue which i hope that is relating to every person who is having leave to remain as PSW visa.

There should be some one who can support or refute ?