ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving related

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

positivesolitude

Driving related

Post by positivesolitude » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:43 pm

Hello All

Last October 30 2008 ,I was driving my car and my international license had expired and I had my provisional license.The car is insured and is in my husbands name and I am the named driver in his insurance.I have got my British license after 2 months of the incident.

The police office caught me and told me to go to the police station and declare my documents within 7 days.I did so and apologized to him.He also said I has behaved exceptionally well with them etc.I submitted my provisional license and expired international license and showed the insurance etc but in reality since I didnt have a valid license ,its like I am driving an uninsured vehicle.

I went to the police station,submitted my provisional and rest of the documents which they photocopied and returned to me.
Its been nearly 11 months and I haven't heard of any court summons or anything.Does this come under any convictions .

I havent been asked for a fine or anything.They said I might receive a letter from court declaring guilt and paying fine or can go to court and fight it out but haven,t received anything so far.

Does this need to be declared.I only got a pink slip with the details written on it.

ChetanOjha

Re: Driving related

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:55 pm

positivesolitude wrote:Hello All

Last October 30 2008 ,I was driving my car and my international license had expired and I had my provisional license.The car is insured and is in my husbands name and I am the named driver in his insurance.I have got my British license after 2 months of the incident.

The police office caught me and told me to go to the police station and declare my documents within 7 days.I did so and apologized to him.He also said I has behaved exceptionally well with them etc.I submitted my provisional license and expired international license and showed the insurance etc but in reality since I didnt have a valid license ,its like I am driving an uninsured vehicle.

I went to the police station,submitted my provisional and rest of the documents which they photocopied and returned to me.
Its been nearly 11 months and I haven't heard of any court summons or anything.Does this come under any convictions .

I havent been asked for a fine or anything.They said I might receive a letter from court declaring guilt and paying fine or can go to court and fight it out but haven,t received anything so far.

Does this need to be declared.I only got a pink slip with the details written on it.
Since you didn't received any official document/summon/letter from Police or court and also not penalised in any way, I would count this as warning as you have produced all documents(wihch was in order). You can mention this in your application form but this doesn't seems more than a warning to me.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:09 pm

I do not know if it would be worthy to check your criminal record? If I were you I would check it first, if something is there, then I would mention. Otherwise it might be just a warning, which many times police gives to many people.

One thing, when police officer caught you, did they give you any document or did they note down your particulars, etc on some book, at that time?? If they did so, then it might be on record.

chetanojha wrote:

Since you didn't received any official document/summon/letter from Police or court and also not penalised in any way, I would count this as warning as you have produced all documents(wihch was in order). You can mention this in your application form but this doesn't seems more than a warning to me.

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 am

Did you go to the court for this offence?? or was there any fixed panelity ticket.. if the answer is no.. then i would not declare this as its not a criminal conviction.. but for the piece of mind i would mention the same on my cover letter.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:39 pm

www.pepipoo.com and fill in the in wizard. they will give you the best advise possible.