ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tiny
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit help

Post by Tiny » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm just after a little bit of help... My PSW was refused and I'm planning to leave the UK and go back to Kenya ASAP. My fiance (who's a Swedish citizen living and working in the UK) and I are planning to get married in Sweden in the next few months. The plan is for me to apply for an EEA family permit in Stockholm after we're married, then come straight to the UK (because a return ticket from Kenya to Sweden, then a one-way ticket to the UK would cost a fortune!)

Is this a good idea? Am I at any disadvantage applying from Stockholm rather than Nairobi? And what do I need to provide to the British Embassy apart from passports, marriage certificate and the like?

Thanks in advance,

Tiny

Tiny
Newly Registered

Post by Tiny » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:20 am

And of course proof that our relationship is genuine :D any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:06 am

Are you in UK at present, is you partner exercising treaty rights in the UK, and have you got evidence of the fact that you have been in a relationship for more than 2 years if you are married.

If you do, there is no need applying from Sweden. Apply from the UK on EEA2
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Tiny
Newly Registered

Post by Tiny » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:38 am

Thanks for the reply Obie. Yes, I am in the UK at present but my PSW extension has been refused so I have to go back to Kenya ASAP.

We're not married yet, but we're hoping to do so in the next couple of months in Sweden. That's why I was wondering about applying for the EEA family permit from there.

My fiance has been working in the UK for about a year now so is definitely exercising his treaty rights :) Do you think it'll be a problem applying from Sweden soon after the wedding? I would hate the Embassy to think that it's merely a convenience, just because we'd be applying a few days after we're married.

Also, does anyone have any idea what documents we'll need to provide?

Thanks,

Tiny

jumpingzombie

Re: EEA Family Permit help

Post by jumpingzombie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:54 am

Tiny wrote:
My fiance (who's a Swedish citizen living and working in the UK) and I are planning to get married in Sweden in the next few months.
I think you need a visa to enter Sweden....
http://www.sweden.gov.se/content/1/c6/1 ... 1c096e.pdf

Tiny
Newly Registered

Post by Tiny » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:32 am

Yep, will get a Schengen visa from home :)

But anyone got any idea how long the EEA FP will take to process from Stockholm, and whether or not it's a good idea to apply so soon after the wedding?

Thanks,

Tiny

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Why can't you apply for COA in the UK and get married there, saving yourself the hassle of going to Stockholm. If you have been in a relationship for two years, and can prove it , you can also apply under durable relationship, apply for a COA, get married and send the Certificate to them as further evidence. That will not be overboard at all.

In regards to processing times, please see this website and choose Sweden.

According to the Guide to processing time publication, 42% of EEA Family Permit applications are processed withing 2 days, 78% within 3 days, 89% within 5-10 days, 96% within 15 days and 100% within 30 days. I hope that helps.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors