ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:40 pm

Its when the refusal notice was handed over to your wife when she went to collect passport ( 25th September, you have stated somewhere).
ITS NOT THE DATE YOU WERE REFUSED WHICH IS THE DATE ON THE REFUSAL NOTICE.

In Pakistan the refusal notice can be handed over to you sometimes as much as 3 weeks after you are refused

So you count 28 calendar days from the date she was handed the notice at Fedex

You have to get your Appeal Notice lodged within the 28 days either at the BHC post where you were refused ( can take 5 days in post to get to Pakistan).

If you cant get it in there on time, then its best you post it to AIT in the UK.

Remember if you dont appeal on time, your chances are gone and you will have no alternative but to reapply again.

If you dont have all the documents ready to send off with appeal, dont worry, you can send them a few weeks later.

Hope this helps, so if I was you I would start thinking how you are going to prove the ECO wrong in what he said in refusal.

sabah

HI PLEASE CHECK YOUR MAIL

Post by sabah » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:56 pm

HI SIS please check you mail. :)
bazzy_1 wrote:
desperate__wife wrote:hello im BACK!!!!
yahoo yahoo!!!
im back!!!

remember me people....?

i am desperate wife and im desperate for my husband....he is currently in pakistan with me for a whoooollee month!!....im enjoying every bit of it!

more than 90 working days hav passed so far since 5th may when i applied from karachi for my spouse visa....and still no no reply...

batlay khan uncle ... how r u sir?.......how did ur ramazan rozay go?....i felt so left out and missed u all when the stupid fourm people kicked me out.

thanks for ur speacial prayers piyaray batley khan uncle jee....i m very happy now that my hubby is here with me for a whole month

i miss u all....

plz remember me in ur duas....it looks like i'll be going at the end of the year to my hubby....these bloody bloody stupid visa processing people!!!!
i hate them all soo much!

under the clean white man face...there all a bunch of super rotten 'achaar' tomoatos!

take care all

keep in touch

D_W

PEACE!
Hi D_W

Welcome back..

Was just wondering if you tried contacting BHC or emailing them and what response they are giving u.

My wife also aplied from karachi at the end of June. But if you have not heard anything until now then that dont fill me with any optomism either.

Hope you inshallah hear somthing soon so you can travel back with ur hubby

All the best

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Bately Khan my fellow Yorkshire man you warm the cockles of my heart.

Yes I follow your drift, since Pakistani spouse settlement applications are being dealt with in the UK, there is around a 2-3 week delay in informing applicants of their decision, leaving about 1 week to lodge an appeal, lol, that would be appear unreasonable.

But then you could fabricate the date to extend the appeal, unless Gerrys (aka Fedex) keep records, I have scrutinised my wifes documents which were scanned and dispatched by email, there is no stamp or appeal within date, only a refusal date. Also begs the question what about those who don't pick up their documents when they are due.

My wife's refusal date was on the 11th of September, lol, and the date she was informed of the decision was 25th of September, lol. I sent her down, because I knew Gerry's would take a whole week to call her in because they have a phetish for green passports, I don't know.

I have rang the AIT again and now I am keeping the score. 1 response (British Pakistani operator) adamant within 28 days when you received the documents and 2 responses (Caucasions) insisting within 28 days of refusal date (2-1).
Last edited by Chavy on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:26 pm

Chav

I think you will find that your wife will have signed to say she has recieved the Refusal Notce/passports etc from Fedex, therefore I am afraid you cant fiddle the system.

Take my word for it just count 28 calendar (not working ) days from the day it was handed to your wife, and that is when you have to get the papers in. :D

See your pm box

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:28 pm

Batley I've edited the above post please read it again.

Okay I'll ring her, lol.

Lol they censored the word phetish so I changed the spelling to bypass the bots defences :)
Last edited by Chavy on Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

navbulls

Post by navbulls » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 pm

SjD624 wrote:
Chavy wrote:
I am assuming all cases are reviewed it's automatic, I've been reading in some cases it can take a considerable time to review a case.

I need some clarification or when you should lodge an appeal. 28 days after the refusal date printed on your refusal notice. Or 28 days after you were informed of the decision (served with the decision).
Yes, as far is my understanding and recent research, all cases are reviewed. Please view these links for further information on the due process and processing time guides, thanks again to batleyKhan for these:

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Documents/Appeals ... ftheUK.pdf

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Documents/Appeals ... nTheUK.pdf

There is similar info for non-settlement cases as well. Furthermore you can call the AIT office and ask them for details.

If you are looking to appeal contacting the AIS may also be of some use :
http://www.iasuk.org/home.aspx

As for when to lodge your appeal, you should do this WITHIN 28 days from the date when you received the refusal notice. It's not after 28 days but rather before the 28 days go by. You can confirm this with others as well but I'm pretty sure it's true.

I hope this helps. May Allah help and guide us all.
Guys, Please be informed that not all cases are reviewed... spoke to BHC and was confirmed that due to large number of application the cases are not reviewed they are just sent back to AIT for hearing.

I know most of us feel it would be reviewed as per the AIT's procedure but actually story is bit different.

Still would recommend you send appeal to BHC as it would save you about 6 weeks...
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting...

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:38 pm

So Navbulls which cases meet the review criteria? Do you have to explicitly state you would like the case to be reviewed? Provide us with an explanation to substantiate your claims, you cant leave us in limbo with such a sweeping statement.

navbulls

Post by navbulls » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Chavy wrote:So which cases meet the review criteria? Do you have to explicit state you would like the case to be reviewed? Provide us with an explanation to substantiate the claims, you cant leave us in limbo with such a sweeping statement.
Well you dont have any criteria. The normal procedure is that case should be reviewed once they recieve the appeal, but this procedure is hardly followed ( As per BHC ). Mostly once AIT asks BHC to prepare bundle they have to review it... but what I have heard, these days they are not reviewing.
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting...

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Guys, Please be informed that not all cases are reviewed... spoke to BHC and was confirmed that due to large number of application the cases are not reviewed they are just sent back to AIT for hearing.
I disagree slightly with this comment. (Sorry Nav)

The links that are attached above are HO guidelines and procedures.

If the BHC do not comply with their guidelines or procedure every appeal case at the AIT will be thrown out.

The ECM job is to review and reconsider all decisions on receipt of an appeal notice. It doesnt take more than probally 10 minutes to make his mind up to either issue visa or still refuse.

If he refuses the BHC will inform AIT of this. AIT will then try and sort out a date for hearing.

The ECO/ECM is given about 4 months to send bundle of papers to AIT in time for hearing ( sometimes the incompetent buggers wont even do this and tHE Adjudicator has no alternative but to authorise issue of visa... to teh annoyance of teh applicant whose time has just been wasted for no apparent reasons).

When you send teh appeal notice and have given your reasons, you would normally ask the matter to be reviewed.

navbulls

Post by navbulls » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:12 pm

batleykhan wrote:
I disagree slightly with this comment. (Sorry Nav)

The links that are attached above are HO guidelines and procedures.

If the BHC do not comply with their guidelines or procedure every appeal case at the AIT will be thrown out.

The ECM job is to review and reconsider all decisions on receipt of an appeal notice. It doesnt take more than probally 10 minutes to make his mind up to either issue visa or still refuse.

If he refuses the BHC will inform AIT of this. AIT will then try and sort out a date for hearing.

The ECO/ECM is given about 4 months to send bundle of papers to AIT in time for hearing ( sometimes the incompetent buggers wont even do this and tHE Adjudicator has no alternative but to authorise issue of visa... to teh annoyance of teh applicant whose time has just been wasted for no apparent reasons).

When you send teh appeal notice and have given your reasons, you would normally ask the matter to be reviewed.
Aslaam O'alaikum Khan Uncle,

I completely agree and respect what you have said in the above quote, but trust me on this as I have been told that BHC has stopped reviewing "Personal Experience". Would be updating you on this shortly!

Regards

Nav

SjD624
Newly Registered

Post by SjD624 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:01 pm

navbulls wrote:
Aslaam O'alaikum Khan Uncle,

I completely agree and respect what you have said in the above quote, but trust me on this as I have been told that BHC has stopped reviewing "Personal Experience". Would be updating you on this shortly!

Regards

Nav
Aoa,

Nav, I agree with you to some extent. I have a reliable source in the BHC Islamabad and when I asked them to look into my case they confirmed that my case is waiting review. He had earlier informed me that though all cases are supposed to be reviewed sometimes the review is just a formality.
So batleyKhan is absolutely correct about what the correct procedure is but no one can say if it is followed in practice or just in word.

May Allah help and guide us all.

R1z
Newly Registered

Post by R1z » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Salaam to all

Thought I'd let you know the reasons for refusal:

There is insufficient evidence of our relationship (which took place june 08 ) like photos of before marriage and after marriage, letters and any forms of contact since 08.

I'm in receipt of public funds: It took me 6months to find a job therefore I was on Jobseekers allowance.I provided 6months bank statement hence the JSA printed on my previous bank statement; this bank statement also showed less than 200 in my account because I was still seeking employment.

The first objection I can understand but there were wedding photos, letters and Eid/miss you cards, phone cards provided.

I had employment letter, an official Employment Contract (from the Council as I work at a school) wage slips, current bank statement with balance of over 1700. They'v overlooked these!

I had school holidays so have been to pakistan to see my husband over the summer holidays, with the grace of Allah - this is evidence that we are still in contact.

Batley Khan Sir CAN YOU HELP PLS?

Post by 2036789 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:33 pm

I dont get why they said your on public funds when you had a job, please answer for how many months of the 6 month bank statement that you provided was it showing that you had JSA coming in, and secondly did your bank statemnet show that employers were putting money into your account or were you getting cash in hand
MM

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Riz

I will have a go, however I need more info, espicially about your personal cicumstances leading to the refusal of your hubby's visa.

You still havent answered my previous queury where I asked you to give us the exact and full reasons as per the refusal notice, not like brief comments above.

If you want you can pm me if you dont want to reveal them here on the forum

R1z
Newly Registered

Post by R1z » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:02 pm

MM

Thanx

Yes my previous bank statemnt showed my JSA coming in (big mistake) but my recent bank statement showed receiving payment from the council on a monthly basis

so not sure how they disregarded this and the employment letters and wage slips!

Inshallah, will pray for all us sisters and brothers - this forum should give people a guide to what caution should be taken when applying for spouse visas.

R1z
Newly Registered

Post by R1z » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:07 pm

sorry

had JSA coming in NOV/DEC 08 and started job in JAN 09 (this was shown on bank statement )

Layla
Newly Registered

Post by Layla » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:37 am

Salam to all,

after 3 monthes of waiting there is some progress in proccessing our application. The online status changed from "Forwarded to Islamabad OC on" to "Your application is ready for collection;..."

Date of apply: 23/06/2009
Place of apply: Islamabad
Online status change: 02/10/2009
Total days: 101
Working days: 66 plus minus 1

May you all hear good news soon ameen

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:11 am

hi layla

good luck, let us know the outcome,

I feel sooooooo depressed, my hubby applied 1 day before you, i wish we had some progress too.....i think my whole day will be spent crying today, i cant take it anymore. :(

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:47 am

Hi Batley Khan,

Could you please give me some advice.
My wife's TB test is now coming to expiry date. She got the test done just after we got married in April, but eventually applied for the visa at the end of June. We have been waiting for about 14 weeks now without any reply.

I would like to know if BHC will ask her to renew the TB test before inshallah issuing a visa?

Alternativly if they do issue the visa will she need to renew the TB test before travelling to the UK?

Thanks
Regards,

Baz

Post by 2036789 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:00 am

Layla pls let us know the outcome, inshallah ull get i applied 4juner still waiting after 17 weeks
MM

Post by 2036789 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:02 am

my wife applied that is
MM

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:15 am

Hi Batley Khan,

My wife's TB test is now coming to expiry date. She got the test done just after we got married in April, but eventually applied for the visa at the end of June. We have been waiting for about 14 weeks now without any reply.

I would like to know if BHC will ask her to renew the TB test before inshallah issuing a visa?

Alternativly if they do issue the visa will she need to renew the TB test before travelling to the UK?

Thanks
Yes it is advisable to get it renewed straightaway, because they will not stamp your wifes visa in her passport unless she shows a valid TB certificate. She will also need to show it on arrival at a UK airport

These TB certificates are valid only for 6 months. Taking into consideration the length of time it now takes to process an application, quite a few peoples certificates will have expired by the time they are granted their visa. ( another unneccesary expense paid by the poor applicant)

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:41 am

batleykhan wrote:
Hi Batley Khan,

Thanks
Yes it is advisable to get it renewed straightaway, because they will not stamp your wifes visa in her passport unless she shows a valid TB certificate. She will also need to show it on arrival at a UK airport

These TB certificates are valid only for 6 months. Taking into consideration the length of time it now takes to process an application, quite a few peoples certificates will have expired by the time they are granted their visa. ( another unneccesary expense paid by the poor applicant)
Hi Batley Khan,

I understand she will need her passport to renew the TB test. So will the best course of action be to wait until they contact her about it?

If we are lucky that they have made the decision already then i will get her to renew the certificate before she comes to the UK.

Also is anyone else on this forum in the same situation or has anyone had there visa after the TB test has expired?
Regards,

Baz

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:04 am

I understand she will need her passport to renew the TB test. So will the best course of action be to wait until they contact her about it?
You have to to do one sooner or later, (if it expires) so why not do it sooner, so its ready when they ask for it, otherwise you might have to wait 2/3 weeks to get an appointment to have another one done.

You know how people get excited when they recieve some good news, you dont want to wait a minute longer....but you might have to if you dont have a valid certificate ready there.

I am not sure they want to see passport second time around, providing you show them your old certificate

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:17 am

batleykhan wrote:
You have to to do one sooner or later, (if it expires) so why not do it sooner, so its ready when they ask for it, otherwise you might have to wait 2/3 weeks to get an appointment to have another one done.

You know how people get excited when they recieve some good news, you dont want to wait a minute longer....but you might have to if you dont have a valid certificate ready there.

I am not sure they want to see passport second time around, providing you show them your old certificate
Thanks Batley Khan,

I think ill get my wife to call the IOM clinic and see if she can book an appointment, also explain at the time that she does not have her passport or the original TB test as they have been submitted to BHC for a settlement visa.

Hopfully she can get the appointment booked and have the TB test without the original docs.
Regards,

Baz