ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:04 pm

hey layla

did ur hubby go to pick his passport up?

asif1976
Newly Registered

Post by asif1976 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:32 pm

I am already on the case. And am in the process of making my enquiries. I still think its because I did not submit my NICOP card which is in essence my VISA to travel to Pakistan as I dont have a paper visa in my passport. I am going to appeal, but I guess I won't know how they formed their decision until we receive a copy of the bundle from the ECO. ANNOYED!

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Asif, I have a Pakistani ID card (free visa entry), they never questioned the stamps on my passport! Something else is arousing their suspicions.

b92753

Post by b92753 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:41 pm

Chavy wrote:Asif, I have a Pakistani ID card (free visa entry), they never questioned the stamps on my passport! Something else is arousing their suspicions.
i totally agree with chavy.

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:44 pm

Chavy wrote:Asif, I have a Pakistani ID card (free visa entry), they never questioned the stamps on my passport! Something else is arousing their suspicions.
Hi

I also have the Pakistani NIC card, but i have sent a photocopy of it as part of my wifes application.

Asif - was the copy of your passport attested by a solicitor?, if not then that maybe the problem
Regards,

Baz

asif1976
Newly Registered

Post by asif1976 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Bazzy_1, Chavy and b92753

No i did not submit the NICOP card in error. I stated this in my earlier post.

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:21 pm

To clarify, I never submitted my Pakistani ID card with my application (photocopy or otherwise), and my brother a few years before me the same, but they've never questioned the stamps in our passports. They don't routinely challenge stamps, there's more to this matter, I am sure of it.

r555
Newly Registered

Post by r555 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:49 pm

batleykhan wrote:R555

You do not need to send all the documents again.

The only docs that you may have to send are those relating to the points that you have been refused on and that you had not previously sent along with your application. For example the ECO claims the place you live in is overcrowded, you will need to do a housing report to prove otherwise.

Hope this helps
What if I had already submitted in the original application the documents that were required for the points they refused the visa on? Does this mean I send those documents again in the appeal?

Also will my wife be required to stay in UK while the appeal is being processed or can she come and stay in Pakistan with me?

Will my wife be required to appear for the hearing in AIT, in person?

Also, do I have to send photocopies or original documents with the appeal?

Asif121
Newly Registered

Post by Asif121 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:15 am

r555 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:R555

The only docs that you may have to send are those relating to the points that you have been refused on and that you had not previously sent along with your application. For example the ECO claims the place you live in is overcrowded, you will need to do a housing report to prove otherwise.

Hope this helps
What if I had already submitted in the original application the documents that were required for the points they refused the visa on? Does this mean I send those documents again in the appeal?

Also will my wife be required to stay in UK while the appeal is being processed or can she come and stay in Pakistan with me?

Will my wife be required to appear for the hearing in AIT, in person?

U should relax if u are going to appeal man, trust me it takes forever, i did my uncles appeal last year which was absoultely ridiculous, i swear if i cud just get hold of some of the ECO's who make these decisions its unbeleivable.
First of all minimum wait of at least 6 months before u even get an appeal date, an once u get the date an hopefully it goes ur way an u win the appeal, u then have to go back an submit ur passport to get it stamped which is even worse,

My uncle has been to this country 3 times as a visitor on 6 month visa, my mum who is his older sister was his sponser, an since first time he came her situation has never changed, good job, own house no mortgage, plenty of space to live etc, all upto date docs supplied each time.
First visa granted 6 months, he stayed for 3 months went back
2nd visa granted 2 year visa, within that 2 years he visited twice an each time went back
3rd visa applied for 5 year, with all upto date info an documents including new sponsorship letters an confirmation from my mum again, they rejected, an the worse thing was they rejected with the main reason being that they thought he wud not return back to pakistan, it was ridiculous as his track record was more than proven his family an kids are all bak home an his property business etc, never had a reason to stay here, but thats just how they are

Moral of the story is u really need to consider if u wanna do the appeal process or is it better to do fresh application??
we waited 6 months for a date, spent all day messed around in the court rooms, when we attended the date i was in there for less than 3 minutes with my mum the judge took one look at the upto date papers asked her about 2 questions an then allowed the appeal in our favour, this was in Jan 2009 earlier this year, i went to pakistan in march and my uncle still hadnt heard nothing even though i had letters from the court showing the appeal in his favour then finally he was asked to attend the gerrys office in lahore on 7th april 2009 to submit his passport since then i have come back from pakistan an am going again in 2 weeks an we still have heard nothing, his passport has been with them over 6 DAMN MONTHS, it jus takes the damn piss, nobody knows anything, uk people say its been processed an gerrys jus say its still in process, so i now have stern worded letter from the solicitor confirming wat the UK people have said and also have a letter from them an we have to go an throw it in the lazy ignorant excuses for human beings who work at gerrys to pull thier damn finger out an find his passport which is probably sitting on someones desk since its been returned from islamabad stamped with the visa

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:08 am

batleykhan wrote:
R555

Hope this helps

You need to tell us what you were refused first and then we will tell you what additional docs you will need

Ideally she should be in the UK on the day of the hearing, but can spend sometime with you in Pakistan

Will my wife be required to appear for the hearing in AIT, in person?.

Yes, in case they want to ask questions about certain things. Your solicitor will do all the talking, but it would be nice if she is present there in case there is some points of disagreements.

A word of warning, if you want your wife to be in Paksiatn with you for a long time,then there is a possibility you might get refused, because if she is your sponsor and spouse she should be working here in UK to support you till your arrival in the UK, otherwise who is going to support you?

If they are new documents that you have not supplied before, they have to be originals not the photocopies.

Also remember you have 28 days to appeal, otherwise you will have to make fresh application.

The appeal procedure can take upto 10 months before your visa is granted providing you win your appeal

Layla
Newly Registered

Post by Layla » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:28 am

Sahdi:

finaly we decided that sunday and monday no nice days to travel so my husband will travel today at night inshallah. The good news is that he got call from Gerrys today morning alhamdulillah. So tomorrow we know the decision inshallah. I will let you know the result.
His visa is EEA family permit, thats may be why some of you wait longer time then we are, as i heard that this kind of visa should take less time then other settlement.
May we all hear good news about our visa ameen.

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:17 am

hi layla

good luck, and dont worry it will be good news inshallah

Asif121
Newly Registered

Post by Asif121 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:32 pm

:x !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Asif121 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asif121
Newly Registered

Post by Asif121 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Asif121 wrote:
The appeal procedure can take upto 10 months before your visa is granted providing you win your appeal[/b]
Yes tell me about it my uncles appeal has been 14 months an still counting an passport is still back with gerrys :x

was794

Post by was794 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:08 pm

UK to cut Pakistanis' visa wait....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8292941.stm

looks like UK Home Secretary Alan Johnson got done over by zadari and co!!

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:19 pm

was794 wrote:UK to cut Pakistanis' visa wait....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8292941.stm

looks like UK Home Secretary Alan Johnson got done over by zadari and co!!
Hi was794

I just read this aswell, and it seems to be more good news for people who are applying for visa's other settlement.
More for the students who have experienced delays.

End of this week will be 15 weeks for my wife. We have tried emailing UKHUB but no reply for 2 weeks.
It maybe time to contact my MP
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:11 pm

hey bazzy totally agree, the whole issue has been highlighted by practically all the media in pakistan.....but students are being highlighted, noones even mentioned settlement cases :(

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:49 pm

More staff, *sighs*, nothing will change, it's only a smoke screen to pacify the masses and quash a rebellion. Yup call my cynical but this is just another false promise. By the time my wife gets imported, she will be budhi and her cycles will be irregular.

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:21 am

Wel guys some embesy staff transfrd to uk frm islambd their families even having visa prob n stil in waiting list. In Aaj TV they hav mentioned the setelment issues. Nw lest see wot gna happen. I hav aplied on 13th August n gna finish ma 12 weks on 13 nov
may Allah help for all ov us

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:29 am

By the time my wife gets imported, she will be budhi and her cycles will be irregular.
:D :lol: :) 8)

Did you get my email?

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:54 am

Salaam all, Khan yeah I received you email, I am drafting a response, I am grateful and counting my blessings.

Layla
Newly Registered

Post by Layla » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:31 pm

our visa refused....

may you hear better news about your visa...

Jjay
Newly Registered

:(

Post by Jjay » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi Layla,

really sorry to hear that!!! the worst thing is they take so long and still refuse..

what were the reasons they gave for refusal?

dont worry inshallah you will get a good decision soon. i am still waiting applied 23rd June this is absolutely ridiculous.

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:05 pm

Layla wrote:our visa refused....

may you hear better news about your visa...
Hi Layla,

Sorry to hear about the refusal, but what have they given as the reason for refusal.

Unfortunatly this becoming the norm. They seem to be refusing a lot of visa's.

Batley Khan - as you have helped many people on this forum, in your view are they refusing because people are not preparing there documents correctly or is it becoming a quota system, where they can only grant a certain no. of visa's?
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:14 pm

hey layla

sorry to hear about the refusal, maybe we can help you out when you post the reason for refusal. I cant believe it, there seem to be so many refusals lately.