ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Follow up on ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shreem

Follow up on ILR

Post by shreem » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:19 pm

I previously posted about my query about applying for ILR after workpermit employment with only ~6 weeks of continuing employment. I wrote to the Ind Policy unit asking about clarification about the "continuity" of employment, i.e. whether it needs to be indefinite or could it be shorter.

My query was
I am shortly completing 4 years of continuous work-permit employment in the UK. I'm planning to apply for ILR based on this. I have had continuous residence with no absences from the UK. I believe that I would satisfy all the requriements for grant of ILR.

However, my employment with my current employer terminates 2 weeks after the 4 year qualifying period.

Is the fact that the employment is not continuing for an indefinite period after the 4 year qualifying period, will that be against the granting of ILR ?

I spoke to the IND telephone helpline (Agent: Mr John Anthony)and he clarified over the phone that as long as my employment is continuing with my employer at the time of application, and for all of the 4 year qualifying period, that would be sufficient for grant of ILR.

Could you confirm that in reply to this email please. I would like to apply for SET(O) only after clarifying this issue about the continuing employment.

Thanks.
The IND have replied as follows
Thank you for your enquiry of 7th November 2005.

At the time of you applying for ILR your employment should be continuing and you should have been in four years continuous employment.

The granting of an application is at the sole discretion of a caseworker and we are unable to guarantee the outcome of any application.

Yours sincerely

Managed migration team
What should I do?

John

Post by John » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:24 pm

First things first ... what you should do is post this in your existing topic :-

Topic : ILR clarification

Moderators are determined to cut out duplicate or overlapping posts.

I shall now close this.
John