ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk entry with residence card, do i need my spouse everytime?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

bumpe
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Uk entry with residence card, do i need my spouse everytime?

Post by bumpe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:54 pm

I know with the EEA family permit you need to be accompanied by your spouse to enter the UK.

I just got my UK residence card, do i need my EU wife every time am entering UK especially from my non-EU country?

Does anyone here hold a resident card, does it give smooth entry at the border or does the UKBA still do some blah blah at the border? :)

UKBAbble

Re: Uk entry with residence card, do i need my spouse everyt

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:52 am

bumpe wrote:I know with the EEA family permit you need to be accompanied by your spouse to enter the UK.

I just got my UK residence card, do i need my EU wife every time am entering UK especially from my non-EU country?

Does anyone here hold a resident card, does it give smooth entry at the border or does the UKBA still do some blah blah at the border? :)
If you have ILR then you should not be asked questions nor does your spouse have to travel with you.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:58 am

UKBAbble wrote:
If you have ILR then you should not be asked questions nor does your spouse have to travel with you.
bumpe wrote:I just got my UK residence card

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:00 am

bumpe wrote:I know with the EEA family permit you need to be accompanied by your spouse to enter the UK.
No. You can also follow your spouse.

bumpe wrote:I just got my UK residence card, do i need my EU wife every time am entering UK especially from my non-EU country?
No, you can travel alone of course.

bumpe wrote:Does anyone here hold a resident card, does it give smooth entry at the border or does the UKBA still do some blah blah at the border? :)
You may have to explain to them that you do not have to fill out a landing card and that they are expressively forbidden to stamp your passport. It's in their operation manual but you know... I believe they are allowed to check whether the conditions for the RC are still met.