ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR...so many questions ...Help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

koshynita

ILR...so many questions ...Help!

Post by koshynita » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:14 am

Dear Moderator,

I came to uk in Sept 1996 on a visiting visa and after 8-9 months on it i changed it over to permit free training and currently on a permit free training visa until february 2008 .
I have not had any absences and technically should receive ILR in Sept 2006 by 10 year rule. My wife currently works, but on spouse visa, she wouldnt qualify for ILR by 10 year rule.

Recently during UK elections there was a huge hoo-haa and i wrote on this forum and the general advise was to apply for HSMP which i did and they granted me the same and asked me to put in FLRIED application by 5th FEB.

My questions are :

Will applying for HSMP jeopardise my ILR based on 10 year rule since its a different visa?
Will my original permit free visa still be valid until 2008?
What should my wife do ..to better her chances as well when i applyfor ILR...ie...should i get HSMP or should she ask her office to get her a Work permit?
Thanking in advance
yours

shreem

Post by shreem » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:45 am

koshynita,
Will applying for HSMP jeopardise my ILR based on 10 year rule since its a different visa
Not at all. As long as the entire 10 year period has been in lawful immigration categories, it should be fine.
Will my original permit free visa still be valid until 2008?
If you switch to HSMP leave to remain (LTR) from current permit free training, your previous LTR becomes null and void... moderators any thoughts?

What should my wife do ..to better her chances as well when i applyfor ILR...ie...should i get HSMP or should she ask her office to get her a Work permit?
Speed to ILR is the essence. It would make no difference to your ILR application, whether you are in permit free training (PFT) or HSMP status at the time of application. Why spend money on an LTR application on HSMP when you can wait till Sep 06 for an ILR application on the 10yr rule.
As far as your wife is concerned, she will get a 2 year spouse visa when you get your ILR and should get ILR thereafter. She switching over to workpermit now will make no difference to when she gets her ILR.

good luck