ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post by 2036789 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:27 pm

I got an e-mail from the UK HUb at last today after e-mailing them twice, it seems that they are reponding to e-mail faster now

I emailed them this:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to you to kindly ask you what is the progress of my settlement application, I submitted it on the 4th of june 2009 its been 18 weeks now, i have e-mailed you four times before but have failed to get any response, Just want to know if its been processed yet and what is happening with it. Thank you

and they replied me this:
I have checked our system and this application is in the process of being looked at and will be assessed in due course.

Kind regards,

UKHUB Pakistan.

They didnt tell me anything I dont know it would be good if they gave me an idea of how much longer it will take
MM

Chavy
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chavy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:19 pm

2036 lol, after 18 weeks and still in the process of being looked at, farcical, the UKBA are as swift as my granny and have as much intellect as a paranoid rabied gerbil.

In November they should meet there 12 week target plus an extra 2 weeks or so for transit (3-4 months), I am hoping rather than expecting.

Settlement Visas issued to spouses of British citizens are being processed in the UK, my wifes refusal envelope was stamped by the UKBA and my appeal address is also in the UK or alternatively I can lodge at the AIT.

amaqsood
Newly Registered

Post by amaqsood » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:08 am

Hi Jjay

I also e-mailed yesterday and got the similiar reply from UKHUB.
Dear ,

A decision has been made on your Visa application. You will be contacted shortly through Gerry's International.

Your patients in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

UKHUB Pakistan
I hope it will be a good news..[/quote]

mna8

HI

Post by mna8 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:12 am

Hi,

Can you please provide me the email, where you get the response from. My friend is waiting for more then 4 months but he didnt get any reply from any email address he tried to send.

Thanks
mna

learner007

E-mail from UKHUB

Post by learner007 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:40 am

Further to my several e-mails i got this response from UKHUB today:

Dear,

We are currently working on July Applications, All other appliations are curently in a queue to be processed. We aim to complete 95% of applications for settlement visas in note more than 12 weeks and 100% in not more than 24 weeks., depending on staffing levels and back log issues

and thats all...............Its been more than 12 weeks now........

learner007

E-mail from UKHUB

Post by learner007 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:40 am

amaqsood
Newly Registered

Post by amaqsood » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi mna8

The UKHUB email address is ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:40 pm

My wife emailed UKHUB yesterday and we still have not heard anything back
Regards,

Baz

azim
Newly Registered

Post by azim » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:19 pm

hi, as i said previously my wife's settlement visa was refused and now i am ready to appeal i have got all the paperwork ready, could someone let me know where i could send my paperwork to because i am a sponsor and i am appealig on behalf of her, i live in he uk, my solicitor has advised me to send the paperwork to A.I.T but i said to my solicitor to send it back to the immigration service in london but the solicitor said i cant because i am the sponsor, is that true? and also the solicitor said that we can send it to both at the same time, is that correct?
your advice will be appreciated

azim
Newly Registered

Post by azim » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:21 pm

hi, as i said previously my wife's settlement visa was refused and now i am ready to appeal i have got all the paperwork ready, could someone let me know where i could send my paperwork to because i am a sponsor and i am appealig on behalf of her, i live in he uk, my solicitor has advised me to send the paperwork to A.I.T but i said to my solicitor to send it bak to the immigration service in london but the solicitor said i cant because i am the sponsor, is that true? and also the solicitor said that we can send it to both at the same time, is that correct?
your advice will be appreciated sorry i submitted this question twice

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Azim

Send it back to the address on the Refusal Notice( either Abu Dhabi or London).

If you cant get it there in time,(28 days) send it to AIT in Leicester.

DONT SEND THEM TO BOTH. It has to be one or the other,but not both.

petalro

Post by petalro » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:31 pm

hi im just wondering is there a tracking service for the visa application .. if so what's the format for the refrence number.

R1z
Newly Registered

Post by R1z » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:34 pm

salaam to all.

Just a question to batleykhan or any1 who could help;

I understand the appeal date could take upto 3/4months to come through but when will I be notified of this date? I'm being optimistic it could take upto 6months but how many months in advance do they notify the sponsor?

At the hearing is the decision given then and there or at a later date?

How long does the whole process take?

Well i guess we've waited this long another year will go by inshallah we all will hear good news.

Chavvy your sense of humour is amazing you keep me laughing :lol: and you seem like a very intelligent individual mashallah your comments are a delight to read, thank you. hope the apeal is going ok for you?

good luck to all apealing (azim, sahdi layla others) waiting and sharing their emotion.

salaam

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:28 am

Rz1,

the total process takes upto 7 to 8 months.

If you submit your case to AIT in UK, they will send it to ECO,Entery Clearance office, to review about case, They probably give 4 months to them to review it and ask them to send his decision and bundle of proof on the basis of which they refused your visa.After 4 months they give you a hearing date. They notify you 2 months before hearing.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:52 am

HI Everyone.

Ive been very busy with work so i havent been posting for a little while. So the Visa Applications are finally being returned.

What i have noticed is anyone who applied 1 week into june got caught up in the back log hence leading to a long waiting time.

My wife applied on the 2nd june although our visa got refused we were lucky to get our result within 5 weeks.

For Everyone who have the heart ache of their visas or their spouses visas refused i will update you on my situation where i have sent an appeal.

Firstly,

Applied: 2nd june 09
Refused: 7th july 09
Sent Appeal: 24th july (UKHUB LONDON not AIT)

After 2 weeks wait decided to e-mail them, They replied very swifty on the same day infact confirming they had received the appeal and my case would be dealt with in due course. Another 2 weeks went by decided to e-mail them again, however i didnt get a reply. 2 1/2 months so far and still waiting. I am hoping they will reply soon. Its a case of waiting im afraid

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:08 pm

The system is a sham..Read the UKBORDERS agency customer charter and you will see what a JOKE the system has become.

I have contacted my MP to help..and its frustrating...i would urge everyone to go to your MP and let them know what a farce NEW LABOUR has become.

Legislation designed to descriminate againt the ASIAN world, raising the age of marraige ..it wont stop forced marraiges !!

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:00 pm

Hello everyone I have been following this forum for quite a long time and it’s been very useful. I applied for my settlement visa from Karachi on the 27/01/2009 but it was refused from BHC Islamabad on the 17/02/2009 remarkably quick for some stupid reason.

Because of the ridiculous amount of fees and baseless refusal I decided to save the fees and decided to appeal. I did not use any solicitor and by the help of such forums wrote my Grounds of appeal myself and hoping for the decision to be overturned in the review but idiots did not bother to review and my case is listed for hearing on the 26/10/2009.

Now the most unique thing about my case is that I am already in London as I had a valid student leave remaining. I submitted my appeal to AIT on the 17/03/09 whilst still in Pakistan and then came here on the 22/03/2009.

Please all you people I need your HELP urgently because I am very stressed out and could not reach a decision. I want to find will it be any problem if I go to represent my appeal myself coz that was my initial thought and hence I have not appointed any lawyer. Now after discussing with some people they have scared me as it could create problems as I am not studying and just came to be with my wife as we were expecting our first child in June 2009. Now Allhamdulilah I am a father of a baby boy.

I have two options now either to send a lawyer and does not show that I am in the UK or just to go and fight my appeal myself.

Also there is another problem if I go by myself I need to do a statement from my wife so please if anyone who has been through the appeal process could send me their/spouse statement which could help me do mine.

Also to inform is that I am living in London for the past 8 years and have graduated from a leading Business school and went back to Pakistan after my studies with valid leave to remain.

Please post your suggestions as I have to submit my bundle by Friday this week and my current LTR expires on the 31/10/2009 so I am in a terrible situation.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:22 am

HeartGambler.

If you are the sponsor, then you can go and represent your wife in a hearing. You might make a better job than any solicitor as you know the facts better than anybody else.

Why dont you go and sit in a hearing at your local court, and you will get an idea.

Dont worry about the other comments that you have made, they are irrelevant. Concentrate on what and how you are going to prove the points that you were refused on.

The hearing are very informal and the Adjudicator is nice and friendly towards you. Get your bundle to AIT asap.

Good luck and dont worry about it to much.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:28 am

Folks

I am nearing the completition of the guidance notes for spouse visas from Pakistan.

I just need some do and donts from those applicants who have been either succesful or unsuccesful, so as to help others not make the same mistake.

So please let me know your personal experience so I can write them into these notes

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:07 am

batleykhan wrote:HeartGambler.

If you are the sponsor, then you can go and represent your wife in a hearing. You might make a better job than any solicitor as you know the facts better than anybody else.

Why dont you go and sit in a hearing at your local court, and you will get an idea.

Dont worry about the other comments that you have made, they are irrelevant. Concentrate on what and how you are going to prove the points that you were refused on.

The hearing are very informal and the Adjudicator is nice and friendly towards you. Get your bundle to AIT asap.

Good luck and dont worry about it to much.
Thanks for the reply but I am the appeallant and my wife being a british citizen is my sponsor.

Jjay
Newly Registered

:)

Post by Jjay » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:34 am

hi guys,

i heard back from my local MP today who has told me my wifes visa has approved! woohoooo

now i just have to wait for the passport to come back. I know Was was told the same news a couple weeks back, have you recieved the passport back?

I hope its soon but i am just delighted that the visa has been approved :)

application date: 23rd June
Centre: islamabad
type: settlement

Shakiya
Newly Registered

Settlement Visa

Post by Shakiya » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:49 am

Hi Everyone,
I am a new member to this forum. It has been really interesting and reassuring to read all your posts. My husband applied for his settlement/spouse visa on the 30 June 2009 at Gerry's visa application centre in Islamabad. He has not heard any thing as yet. I have emailed UKHUB several times. I have not had any response to date from the UK Boarder Agency/Home Office. Please could any one offer me some advise on how I should following this up. It has been 15 weeks now, since the application was submitted. However I do understand that there are significant delays in the processing time. This is really frustrating to be honest.

Congratulations Jjay on the good news!

RaniG

Post by RaniG » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 am

Hey Jjay that is fantastic news a big congrats to you it's good to hear some good news finally. :D

bazzy_1

Re: :)

Post by bazzy_1 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:20 am

Jjay wrote:hi guys,

i heard back from my local MP today who has told me my wifes visa has approved! woohoooo

now i just have to wait for the passport to come back. I know Was was told the same news a couple weeks back, have you recieved the passport back?

I hope its soon but i am just delighted that the visa has been approved :)

application date: 23rd June
Centre: islamabad
type: settlement
Congrats Jjay,

Did your MP require a permission letter from your wife, or was he/she able to chase it up with the information you provided.

Also did you contact him in person, or send an email.
I am thinking of contacting my MP now aswell. My wife applied for her visa same time as yours.
Regards,

Baz

Jjay
Newly Registered

:)

Post by Jjay » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:54 pm

hi guys,

Yes he did need a letter which i provided, i emailed him a month ago and there was no information for him to give me, then emailed him again on friday and he came back with the news today.

I hope we get docs back quickly cant wait!!!!!