ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Advice

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aspire
Newly Registered

Need Advice

Post by aspire » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:06 am

Hi Forum,

I am a Java professional with 4 years of exprience.I cleared an interview with £28,000 /annum in Bournemouth,Dorset.

Is it a good pay scale to accept and is it a good place to go.
Kindly suggest me.

meats
BANNED

Re: Need Advice

Post by meats » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:36 am

aspire wrote:Hi Forum,

I am a Java professional with 4 years of exprience.I cleared an interview with £28,000 /annum in Bournemouth,Dorset.

Is it a good pay scale to accept and is it a good place to go.
Kindly suggest me.
Right now if you're unemployed you should accept any job that is offered to you. The money is enough to live on and Bournemouth is ok.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:24 am

meats is absolutely right... bad days

sharbt_hvr

Post by sharbt_hvr » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:14 pm

28k is moderate salary if outside london and surroundings also if you are single I dont think it is bad option since always first job in uk at whatever experience wont pay you much..

rgds,
shar

aspire
Newly Registered

Post by aspire » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Thank You very much forumn members.
I shall take up the opportunity.
Just a small info reg the place bournesmouth....
Is it a good / safety place like london?
advice me on that .....

Thanks in advance

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:18 pm

aspire wrote:Thank You very much forumn members.
advice me on that .....

Thanks in advance
It's a lot smaller than London, it is on the coast and therefore has a beach, which i think is sand as opposed to stone but i might be wrong. It is popular with tourists during the summer and is also a student town, so it has good nightlife if you're interested in that. It's a safe enough place yes

aspire
Newly Registered

Post by aspire » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:45 pm

meats wrote:
aspire wrote:Thank You very much forumn members.
advice me on that .....

Thanks in advance
It's a lot smaller than London, it is on the coast and therefore has a beach, which i think is sand as opposed to stone but i might be wrong. It is popular with tourists during the summer and is also a student town, so it has good nightlife if you're interested in that. It's a safe enough place yes

Thank You so much.I shall make start of my UK carrer :)

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:36 pm

therefore has a beach, which i think is sand as opposed to stone but i might be wrong.
You are absolutely spot on there. It's a sand beach. Lots of other nice beaches around in Dorset, Durdle Door for one. Good for coasteering.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:43 pm

SKUK wrote:
therefore has a beach, which i think is sand as opposed to stone but i might be wrong.
You are absolutely spot on there. It's a sand beach. Lots of other nice beaches around in Dorset, Durdle Door for one. Good for coasteering.
The Dorset coastline is very nice in general to be honest. Not as nice as Cornwall but Dorset is a hell of a lot more accessible than Cornwall :)

Considering doing my Masters down there next year.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:51 pm

Cornwall is beautiful. Plan to take a staycation there next spring / summer. I know the weather can be a bit of a hit and miss but hope it holds up and stays bright when I am down there.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:06 pm

SKUK wrote:Cornwall is beautiful. Plan to take a staycation there next spring / summer. I know the weather can be a bit of a hit and miss but hope it holds up and stays bright when I am down there.
Yep weather is the only issue down there. When it's sunny and dry it's amazing, when it's raining, well let's just say that it rains!!

taliska

Post by taliska » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:00 pm

aspire wrote:Is it a good / safety place like london?
bournemouth is safer than London and you don't have to travel far to get to the beach. You'll also be able to afford your own flat to rent unlike a room in London for twice the price

tulipz
Mood:

Post by tulipz » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:17 pm

Please share your job search experience.

Please PM me the details of consultants if you have.

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:21 am

Hi ,

Share details of consultants to me also.

Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:31 am

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=bou ... 2&t=h&z=14
meats wrote:
SKUK wrote:Cornwall is beautiful. Plan to take a staycation there next spring / summer. I know the weather can be a bit of a hit and miss but hope it holds up and stays bright when I am down there.
Yep weather is the only issue down there. When it's sunny and dry it's amazing, when it's raining, well let's just say that it rains!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:43 am

'Consultants' are parasites, known in the employment world as 'pimps' - you won't get far with any contact details unless they have a need for you, not the other way round.

U guys have a lot to learn!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:24 am

Well then lets us know how to secure an interview and then job , what is the best way get a job and then come to uk ? It been six months for me , posting resumes in all those job sites, it doesn't help !

Wanderer wrote:'Consultants' are parasites, known in the employment world as 'pimps' - you won't get far with any contact details unless they have a need for you, not the other way round.

U guys have a lot to learn!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:30 am

cooolz wrote:Well then lets us know how to secure an interview and then job , what is the best way get a job and then come to uk ? It been six months for me , posting resumes in all those job sites, it doesn't help !
Not easy if in UK, almost impossible from outside...

Ironically I think the main reason jobs here in the UK have almost disappeared is so much IT dev work etc is offshored to India now, purely cos they can pay peanuts.

I'm finding bits via LinkedIn, been very good to me, personal contacts, networking etc, it's my considered opinion that at least 80% of the current roles on jobsites are fake, to harvest CV's to;

1. Have a bank for when/if things pick up.

2. As a potential source of contacts to spam in the form of asking for referees.

Things will only pick up here when the cycle turns again, and outsourcing/offshoring is revealed to be the massive mistake it was last time. Like Boethius's Wheel Of Fortune in his 'Consolation of Philosophy'...
Inconsistency is my very essence, Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....