ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Birmingham - WP + HSMP (JR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:15 pm

Congrats indianUK!

Really happy for you and you have also given confidence for my appointment coming up by 30th October 2009.

Well done and good luck.

indianuk

Post by indianuk » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:15 am

Guys you have to be confident (not OVER but...), it is a straight forward process and no one can deny you anything unless you talk to it up.
So be confident and go prepared. Take all the documents that has been issued to you and had got your name with you for the appointment.
I took a bag that was difficult to carry, prepared files based on the category - bank statements for last 2 years in separate file, salary slips in separate etc...
Well my logic is simple and straight forward, you are spending a lot of money as fees during the application , WHY TAKE RISK...
If you are not sure then take printouts from the website with you. And talk politely to the case worker. There may be cases when she/he might not be aware of a rule, assist him and explaing things to him.
Stay calm and you will succeed.
All the Best to all....

iyanu wrote:Congrats indianUK!

Really happy for you and you have also given confidence for my appointment coming up by 30th October 2009.

Well done and good luck.

MrNorthStar

Post by MrNorthStar » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:33 pm

Hi All,

Global Gypsy wrote the below:
"3. P60s - I had just the last 3 - she did give me a bit of heartache saying I didn't have the one for 2006, and I had to convince her it wasn't necessary. Will write about this point in more detail later (if required). "

Global Gypsy, Please can you expand on this.

And this question is to rest of the members as well.
I am applying for ILR (WP + HSMP JR + Tier 1 (General)). I dont have P60 for my WP as the company went bust.

1. How important is it? I only have last 3 years P60, would it suffice?
2. How can I present my case as a genuine one?

Please help and guide.

khaweriba

ILR - JR- HSMP

Post by khaweriba » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:16 pm

I have applied HSMP-ILR-JR2 on Sep 25, application received at HO on Sep 26, Credit Card charged for fee on Oct 01. and now I am waiting....is there anyone who get ILR recently. wat exactly the waiting time was. Appreciate if someone post the same...

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:15 pm

MrNorthStar wrote:Hi All,

"3. P60s - I had just the last 3 - she did give me a bit of heartache saying I didn't have the one for 2006, and I had to convince her it wasn't necessary. Will write about this point in more detail later (if required). "

I am applying for ILR (WP + HSMP JR + Tier 1 (General)). I dont have P60 for my WP as the company went bust.

Please help and guide.
Northstar - in my case I was already on HSMP status for the period for which I didn't have a P60. And since HSMP doesn't require you to be working throughout, I was able to convince the caseworker that the missing P60 shouldn't matter. She checked with someone else, then came back and told me it was ok.
In your case, you have mentioned you were on WP for the period when you didn't get a P60. I suppose if you have salary slips for that period or a letter from your ex-employer mentioning you did work for them during that time, you may be able to support your case.
All the best.

indianuk

Post by indianuk » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:55 am

P60 is required so that they can track your contribution to the taxation...They just need your NI number, that will be enough for them to actually get the things moving...Dont say that you dont have it, Also just give the case worked your payslips...that will have all the information she/he needs...and i am
sure nothing else will be required. In my case she used P60 only to take the NI number...she fed the NI number on some system and she got all the details for last 5 years...there was no problem....Dont panik and stay calm in front of the case worker, if you dont have a document politely tell her. Also tell her that you are providing alternate information, But dont open your mouth first (dont wasnt to be rude, but just an advice
All the Best....

global gypsy wrote:

Please help and guide.
Northstar - in my case I was already on HSMP status for the period for which I didn't have a P60. And since HSMP doesn't require you to be working throughout, I was able to convince the caseworker that the missing P60 shouldn't matter. She checked with someone else, then came back and told me it was ok.
In your case, you have mentioned you were on WP for the period when you didn't get a P60. I suppose if you have salary slips for that period or a letter from your ex-employer mentioning you did work for them during that time, you may be able to support your case.
All the best.

MrNorthStar

Post by MrNorthStar » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:42 am

IndianUK and Global Gypsy,

You advice are clear and will stick to it.

In my case, I don't have the P60 or P45. The company went bust did not provide me with either of them even after asking them for the same for several times. P60 and P45 is ruled out.

I dont even have payslips for the last 6 months of my employment with that company as they kept on promising me to pay but never did. Payslips are ruled out.

Recently when I checked, the company has been dissolved and no longer exists.

But all my documents after the HSMP are in tact and in place.
Claiming period
1. HSMP JR + Extension (Tier 1) => OCT 09 - MAY 06 - (3 Years 6 Months)
2. WP => APR 06 - NOV 05 (6 Months)

Total 4 Years on HSMP JR. Hope this is correct and this is what I understood from the HSMP JR document.

Please do guide me if you have anything more to add. Any more that I can take along that would help my case.

Many thanks so far.

indianuk wrote:P60 is required so that they can track your contribution to the taxation...They just need your NI number, that will be enough for them to actually get the things moving...Dont say that you dont have it, Also just give the case worked your payslips...that will have all the information she/he needs...and i am
sure nothing else will be required. In my case she used P60 only to take the NI number...she fed the NI number on some system and she got all the details for last 5 years...there was no problem....Dont panik and stay calm in front of the case worker, if you dont have a document politely tell her. Also tell her that you are providing alternate information, But dont open your mouth first (dont wasnt to be rude, but just an advice
All the Best....

global gypsy wrote:

Please help and guide.
All the best.

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:46 am

MrNorthStar wrote:Claiming period

Total 4 Years on HSMP JR. Hope this is correct and this is what I understood from the HSMP JR document.
Northstar - I don't quite understand the dates you have mentioned above.
Do you mean, for example:
1. HSMP JR + Extension (Tier 1) => MAY 06 - OCT 09 (3 Years 6 Months)

I am more used to seeing the format <from-date> - <to-date>

Does this mean you got your HSMP status starting May 2006?

Others can confirm this, but I thought HSMP-JR applied only to those who had HSMP status that started before (and including) April 2006, not May 2006?

MrNorthStar

Post by MrNorthStar » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:15 am

You are correct MAY 06 - OCT 09, is more readable.

HSMP JR because I made the application before the 3 APR 06 and on those basis got my approval letter. After that I got my entry clearance on 15 MAY 06.

So rephrasing the durations
1. HSMP JR + Extension (Tier 1) => MAY 06 TO OCT 09 - (3 Years 6 Months)
2. WP => NOV 05 TO APR 06 - (6 Months)

Hope it makes sense.
global gypsy wrote:
MrNorthStar wrote:Claiming period

Northstar - I don't quite understand the dates you have mentioned above.
Do you mean, for example:
1. HSMP JR + Extension (Tier 1) => MAY 06 - OCT 09 (3 Years 6 Months)

I am more used to seeing the format <from-date> - <to-date>

Does this mean you got your HSMP status starting May 2006?

Others can confirm this, but I thought HSMP-JR applied only to those who had HSMP status that started before (and including) April 2006, not May 2006?