ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Registration Success (MN1) For Child Born in Uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Here is timeline for my uncle's son

NCS/POSTAL : NCS Wondsworth
DATE OF APP : 26/09/2009
RECEIVED BY HO : 29/09/2009
PAYMENT : DEBIT CARD DEDUCTED ON 05/10/2009
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT : Recieved 09/10/2009 dated 02/10/2009
Certificate : Recieved today 27/10/2009 Dated 19/10/2009.
Passport Application : Not yet.
Last edited by keshgrover on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KESH

HASINIHSMP
Newly Registered

child visa

Post by HASINIHSMP » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:29 am

I am applying for ILR under HSMP ILR Judgement in December and I am including my wife and 13 month old baby in my application. I had Indian Passport for my baby and birth certificate.
My baby has never been out of the country until now. So we haven’t done her visa until now as we are planning to include her as a dependant in the ILR application. But according to the UK registration rules under sec1 (3) we can register a baby as a British citizen after either of the parents get ILR.
My question is Do I need to include my baby as ILR dependant and then apply for her registration afterwards or directly apply for her registration under sec 1(3) after I got my ILR?

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:56 am

The baby does not need to get ILR in order to be registered as a citizen, it does no harm to apply for ILR for the baby anyway, at least it will allow the baby to travel in and out of the uk if you should need to before the receipt of the registration certificate and passport. The registration process normally takes about two weeks for a uk born child so it probably doesn't matter which route you take.
'In everything give thanks'

HASINIHSMP
Newly Registered

Post by HASINIHSMP » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:09 pm

Thanks for your reply OFCHARITY, when I apply for ILR will the immigration officer question about why I haven’t done dependant visa for my baby before(as my baby would be 15months when I apply for ILR. I am sure that until the baby is not out of the country we don’t need a visa. But in case where if the immigration officer asks for the baby’s visa, what supporting documents can I provide them to prove (anything on the UKBA website).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: MN1 application successful

Post by Jambo » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:50 pm

UPDATE (Passport)
Hi,

I used this forum to get info about the registration process so here is my share giving back.

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 16/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 17/09/09
CRITERIA - 2 children (age 5,3) under Section 1(3). Parents and children obtained ILR in July 2009.
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 20/09/09 (on a Sunday!)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 23/09/09 (dated 20/09/09). second class letter
Date of receipt of approval: 02/10/2009 (Certificate dated: 26/09/2009 (a Saturday). letter attached dated: 29/09/09. via first class)
Plan to apply for a passport next week using PO Check and send. Planning to send: children current (non-uk) passports, UK birth certificate, registration certificate, 2 pictures.

Date of application for passport: 6/10/2009 (using check and send)
supporting documents received: 13/10/2009.
Passport received: 14/10/2009.

Some answers to questions which I believe are asked frequently here:
- NCS application are dealt faster by the HO. Although this is not the official line, I was told by the NCS stuff that this is the case.
- Both registration certificates came under my eldest son name in two separate envelopes (delivered together). The certificate format is similar to the short UK birth certificate. There is no photo on it.
- For references I used a family friend who is a British passport holder and our GP (who is also British). If you read carefully the application instructions, I believe only one of the reference (the non-professional manner) needs to be British.

Thanks for your support and good luck to you all.
:D[/b]

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Jambo wrote:UPDATE (Passport)
Hi,

I used this forum to get info about the registration process so here is my share giving back.

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 16/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 17/09/09
CRITERIA - 2 children (age 5,3) under Section 1(3). Parents and children obtained ILR in July 2009.
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 20/09/09 (on a Sunday!)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 23/09/09 (dated 20/09/09). second class letter
Date of receipt of approval: 02/10/2009 (Certificate dated: 26/09/2009 (a Saturday). letter attached dated: 29/09/09. via first class)
Plan to apply for a passport next week using PO Check and send. Planning to send: children current (non-uk) passports, UK birth certificate, registration certificate, 2 pictures.

Date of application for passport: 6/10/2009 (using check and send)
supporting documents received: 13/10/2009.
Passport received: 14/10/2009.

Some answers to questions which I believe are asked frequently here:
- NCS application are dealt faster by the HO. Although this is not the official line, I was told by the NCS stuff that this is the case.
- Both registration certificates came under my eldest son name in two separate envelopes (delivered together). The certificate format is similar to the short UK birth certificate. There is no photo on it.
- For references I used a family friend who is a British passport holder and our GP (who is also British). If you read carefully the application instructions, I believe only one of the reference (the non-professional manner) needs to be British.

Thanks for your support and good luck to you all.
:D[/b]
Quite fast turn around. Well Done.
KESH

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:22 pm

NCS or Postal: Postal (Two MN1 application forms including Children passports & birth certificates, and parents marriage certificate.Two references. Didn’t send them parents passports)
Date of submission or posting: 05/10/09
Date of arrival at HO: 06/10/09
CRITERIA - 2 children (age 3 and 10 months) under Section 1(3). Parents and children obtained ILR in April 2009.
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 09/10/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 14/10/09 (dated 09/10/09).
Supporting Documents received by Secure Service(SMS): 16/10/09 (dated 14/10/09). Letter states that application is successful for both the children and the registration certificate for each child to be receive in a separate post.
Date of receipt of approval: 17/10/09 ( Date on certificate 14/10/09)
Last edited by aaanjoo on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:23 pm

aaanjoo wrote:NCS or Postal: Postal (Two MN1 application forms including Children passports & birth certificates, and parents marriage certificate.Two references. Didn’t send them parents passports)
CRITERIA - 2 children (age 3 and 10 months) under Section 1(3). Parents and children obtained ILR in April 2009.
Supporting Documents received by Secure Service(SMS): 16/10/09 (dated 14/10/09). Letter states that application is successful for both the children and the registration certificate for each child to be receive in a separate post.
Date of receipt of approval: Waiting
That was extremly fast. You must be very lucky. Well done.
KESH

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi guys, Could other member those had success in their casese with MN1 kindly confirm if they recieved their approvals with first class or second class royal mail delivery. As with my uncle's son case he has been advised by HO today that a letter has been sent in post by second class yesterday and particulars can not be disclosed over the phone.

Could some one put a bit light on please? What this letter could have been? As he used NCS and was not waiting for his documents to be returned. I can not work out, can you guys?
KESH

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:22 am

the letter is probably to say whether the application is approvved or not. I cant remember if my childs was first or second class. Hopefully the postal strike wont have too much of an effect

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Hello All,

Just wanted to confirm on behalf of a friend, that point 1 is 100% correct and there is no way a child(born outside UK) can apply for citizenship when gets ILR (when Parents gets ILR)??

1. If the child is not born here and gets ILR when parents get it, then they will go for naturalisation as usual.

2. If the child is born in UK after their parents got ILR, then that child do not need to apply for MN1, then he can apply for British PP directly.

3. If the child is born before parents got ILR, then he needs to apply for MN1 and then apply for British PP.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:27 pm

aaanjoo wrote:Hello All,

Just wanted to confirm on behalf of a friend, that point 1 is 100% correct and there is no way a child(born outside UK) can apply for citizenship when gets ILR (when Parents gets ILR)??

1. If the child is not born here and gets ILR when parents get it, then they will go for naturalisation as usual.

2. If the child is born in UK after their parents got ILR, then that child do not need to apply for MN1, then he can apply for British PP directly.

3. If the child is born before parents got ILR, then he needs to apply for MN1 and then apply for British PP.
Good information aanjooo, But all the above points are well cleared on MN1 guidelines aswel.
KESH

SAMBOO
Newly Registered

Post by SAMBOO » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:25 am

hi all i just need to ask a question please my situation seems complicated. I just received my ILR, i want to do my daughter british passport i received it long after she was born but i was a overstayer before. the question is her Dad is a British born we didnt married we are not together he dont want to know what goes on in our life she is in his name thou and she is 6yrs 1/2 now can i go straight ahead an do the British pp are i should register her with form MN1 PLSE i await your response thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:59 am

SAMBOO wrote:hi all i just need to ask a question please my situation seems complicated. I just received my ILR, i want to do my daughter british passport i received it long after she was born but i was a overstayer before. the question is her Dad is a British born we didnt married we are not together he dont want to know what goes on in our life she is in his name thou and she is 6yrs 1/2 now can i go straight ahead an do the British pp are i should register her with form MN1 PLSE i await your response thanks in advance.
If she was born in the UK, then she is entitled to register.

Else, she may register at descretion.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SAMBOO
Newly Registered

Post by SAMBOO » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:27 pm

yes she was born in the uk, her dad is British born but as i said before we aint married we aint together so i need to know which root to take to get her passport if by registration using the mn1 form are i should just go straight ahead and do the British PP.

aaanjoo

Post by aaanjoo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Update

NCS or Postal: Postal (Two MN1 application forms including Children passports & birth certificates, and parents marriage certificate.Two references. Didn’t send them parents passports)
Date of receipt of approval: 17/10/09 ( Date on certificate 14/10/09)

Date of application for passport received by UK passport agency: 22/10/2009 (I didnt use check and send, I just made the application, got it referenced by a British professional and posted signed for with two applications, my children other country passport, birtch certificates, citizenship certificates and my marriage certificate)
Supporting documents received: 28/10/2009.
Passport received: 28/10/2009, All supporting documents, British passports and other country passports returned sametime in different envelopes by SMS courier.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 pm

SAMBOO wrote:yes she was born in the uk, her dad is British born but as i said before we aint married we aint together so i need to know which root to take to get her passport if by registration using the mn1 form are i should just go straight ahead and do the British PP.
Child is not British because father is not within the meaning of parent. Registration under Section 1(3) required first.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

malli

Post by malli » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:12 pm

send by post next day delivery
recieved on 6/10/09
money debited from bank account 13/10/09
acknowledge letter came on the 13/10/09 dated 09/10/09
certificate send and recieved on the 22/10/09 dated 20/10/09

passport form was sent ages lol, i thought because he was born here he didnt need to be registered so just waiting for it to arrived sometime next week.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Here is timeline for my uncle's son

NCS/POSTAL : NCS Wondsworth
DATE OF APP : 26/09/2009
RECEIVED BY HO : 29/09/2009
PAYMENT : DEBIT CARD DEDUCTED ON 05/10/2009
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT : Recieved 09/10/2009 dated 02/10/2009
Certificate : 27/10/2009 Dated 19/10/2009.
Passport Application : check & send 29/10/2009
Passport Recieved : 05/11/2009

Many thanks to forum member, specially John and Vinny for your extremly helpfull guide lines. As this case was very complicatied but was resolved very quickly. Good luck to those who are in queue. Keep faith in god and thigs will turn positive for you all.
KESH

dessint
Newly Registered

thanks for info

Post by dessint » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:04 am

Hi all. Just to say thanks for the site & all you comments.
All this time I thought I had to wait to apply for my kids british citizenship & PP a year after getting our ILR (03/09). Will get onto it pronto and keep you updated.

dessint

smartchap2k

query about route to UK nationality for child born in UK

Post by smartchap2k » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Dear all,

I am a married Indian national on work permit since last 4 and half years in UK (3 years on student visa prior to that) we just had a baby born in UK in May 2009. (Say congratulations ! …..Thank you)

Our PR is due in March 2010. I haven’t applied for my Baby’s passport nor his registration with Indian embassy yet. I understand, as long as one of the parent for a child born in UK is permanently settled ( PR) the child is automatically eligible for British nationality.

By reading this forum I understand the application for British passport for a child born in UK does not take more than a month approximately. My intention is to apply for my child’s British nationality ( registration) ASAP.

As we don’t have any travel plans till August 2010, would it be advisable in my case to wait and apply directly for British nationality for my child instead of getting an Indian passport for a child born in UK now and then applying for british nationality/passport 5 months down the line.

Any disadvantage/advantage in going down the Indian to British route compared to getting the British nationality directly??

Please advice. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance Very Happy

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:23 pm

a belated Congrats :D
you could apply for Indian passport now and and when you apply for ILR in May 2010 and for an extra £50 you can include your little one in your application and s/he would get ILr as well with you, and after that you can apply for registration as British. so like this you will be able to travel with your baby straight away without having to wait for the registration process to be completed

smartchap2k

Query about childs route to BC

Post by smartchap2k » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:22 pm

f2k wrote:a belated Congrats :D
you could apply for Indian passport now and and when you apply for ILR in May 2010 and for an extra £50 you can include your little one in your application and s/he would get ILr as well with you, and after that you can apply for registration as British. so like this you will be able to travel with your baby straight away without having to wait for the registration process to be completed
Thank you very much for the prompt response f2k...I understand your response but my dilemma is

Any disadvantage/advantage in going down the Indian to British route compared to getting the British nationality directly??
I mean by registering the baby as Indian now just for 5 months, would he have any advantage or disadvantage in future in any worst case scenario.. say for example if he wants to gain Indian nationality after 25 years for xyz reason? or may be he does not have the same rights as the one who is British directly by birth as he has become British from Indian rather than being British directly?

Please advice. Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
:?:

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Re: Query about childs route to BC

Post by donpetuchi » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:47 pm

There is no difference in terms of rights/priviledges etc between a British Citizen by birth or by registration. Note that India does not recognise dual nationality and as such on acquiring an Indian passport the child would have to rescind his Indian nationality on acquiring British Citizenship.

SAMBOO
Newly Registered

Post by SAMBOO » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:53 pm

hi, can i register my child for MN1? she was born here in the uk age 7yrs and and i have just received my leave to remain was told thou it is discretion so is it still ok to apply for MN1?