ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

suspicious behaviour of wife - shall I report her to UKBA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jayess
Newly Registered

suspicious behaviour of wife - shall I report her to UKBA

Post by jayess » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:04 pm

HI

My problem is this

My wife is from Pakistan - she got her spouse visa recently and will be here soon

the problem is that when she gets to the Uk, she wants to go and spend a few months with her sister, then come to my house.

I have told her, that this is not acceptable and she can visit her sister for a few days after she has been here, but she insists on the former.

This sudden chnage in her behaviour happened, just after she got her passport back from the UK High Commision in pakistan.

I think that I may have been used, by my wife and her family, just to get her to the UK. Once she comes here secretly and she then wants to vanish from my life. Her sister says nothing can stop her from coming to the UK, now she has her spouse visa.

Can UKBA not stop her at the border and only release her, once her spouse arrives to collect her ??

Once she is in UK, I beleive she will try to claim indefinite stay by using the Domestic Violence route - she will claim that her husband has abandonded her and he has comitted DV by mentally abusing her etc..... will be she be successful if she does this...

The main thing is that my suspicions have been aroused NOW..... while she is in Pakistan and before she arrives to the UK.... shall I make UKBA aware of my suspicions, even though I do not have any proof and what action will they take???

All I want is for them to be made aware, so that they can then note it and if we do have any problems later-on, they can consider whether my suspiciopns were accurate on not..... I am trying to safeguard myself, but I also want to reduce the risk of damage to my marriage before it has really started....

please help

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:14 pm

This is a delicate situation. Do you and your wife have any children yet? If you do, it will be difficult to get her away if she enters the UK.

She will need your support from now until her 27 months probation period ends. Also reporting her to UKBA, could result in her been refused entry, as the Immigration Officer will say, they are not convinced she intends to stay with you. Is that what you want?

Try and ascertain if her love for you is sincere and genuine before going any further.

Trust, is the foundation of any sustainable relationship, and if there is no trust, there is no relationship.

If you suspect she might claim DV, then your best bet it to save your skin and end things now, before it gets out of control. The last thing you want, is been locked up overnight in a police cell, or been chucked into a Prison cell.

You might just be paranoid and there is nothing to worry about. To keep your mind at ease, have a proper chat with her, and see how she feel. Try doing more communication rather than assumptions.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jayess
Newly Registered

Post by jayess » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:20 pm

thanks...... you reply was very good

if during the 2 years, my suspicions come to fruition, cand I declare that our marriage has finished, will she be sent back ???

what if our marriage finishes during the 2 years and she finds someone else - can she marry him and stay here ??

also, as a far as my research goes, she has to show 2 complete years proof of residence in the UK before applying for settlement, so where does the 27 months come from ??

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Spouse entry clearances are now 27 months long not 24, so if someone delays coming to the Uk for a few months they do not have to get an extension in the UK in order to complete 24 months before being able to apply for ILR.

If the marriage does not work out and you have split up before she applies for ILR, she will not be able to apply for ILR as your spouse. If she qualifies for something else in her own right, well it will be nothing to do with you.

It is up to UKBA to remove her or curtail her leave if she is no longer in a relationship with you, and they may not.

From her point of view it may have been a long time since she has spent time with her sister, and it must be hard moving to a new country if she has not spent time in the UK before.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:37 pm

You are perfectly correct, she has to show 2 years of complete resident in the UK. However she is issued with a 27 months visa, to make provision for the time between the issuing of the visa and her arrival in the UK, and to ensure she doesn't become and overstayer before her 2 years period. It makes provision for any delays.

She need your support during the 2 years period. However, things might get a bit complicating if she bears children by you, during that period in the UK.

My friend, you need to sit down and have a proper chat with this woman, and see where you stand. I have seen a friend of mine getting hurt, so you need to be sure she feel the same for you as you do for her.

She will obviously need to respect you and your opinion in any discussion you undertake.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:14 pm

You also need to bear in mind that if she doesn't intend to live with you for the first few months, she will lack documents proving joint address for when she applies for permanent residency. ILR won't exist in 2 years time as we know it at present, as Probationary Citizenship will have been introduced.

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Casa and Obie

Could you give any more info on the probationary ctizenship as there is a conflict of views on here and from publications......

For example if you came on your spouse visa in September when it comes to applying using the set m form you would go through on the new system...sorry for sounding so dull..lol! :lol:
???REUNITED???

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:03 pm

My suspicion is, the new probationary Citizenship requirements are aimed at Economic/ Work Permit migrant, rather than Spouses of British citizenship. It is yet to be seen, whether it would have a tremendous effect, if any, on the spouses of British citizens.

I have already read, it will not affect EEA nationals, but it is still in consultation stages. We don't know.

I do believe it will not have a huge impact on family members. The most they could do, is increasing the length of time they are in subsisting relationship before they can apply for citizenship.

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks Obie,

I also thought along the same lines, ha ha ha, as even if they did apply it to spouses I am unsure of exactly what they would be achieving by doing that!
???REUNITED???

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 am

I believe the intention is that the new Probationary Citizenship won't be a 'permanent' as ILR is at present and will be revokable under certain circumstances.

kashyme

Post by kashyme » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Hi ,
I think other people have given you sufficient info regarding your immigration query about your wife. Apart from that I think the solution is to clear your suspicions.The best way to clear the suspicion is by talking to your wife directly about this matter. It is better to be clear rather than keeping your suspicions to yourself. It is possible that she is not planning to leave you and you simply misjudged her. Marriage is a very delicate relationship , it needs understanding and co operation from both sides. I hope and pray that you will sort this out and have a good happy life ahead.

abidjan1

Re: suspicious behaviour of wife - shall I report her to UKB

Post by abidjan1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:46 pm

hi jayess
i think you have to read through the lines her intention is obvious she is using you for her stay in this country.
this situation happens all the time.
i know someone who lives in america he saw a girl on a photograph and decide to marry her now she's in the US after only 3 months she's about to live him.
ask yourself this question

why she want to stay with her sister for few month before coming to her marital home?
can she see her sister from your place?
personnaly i won't be surprise if act strangely after arriving .
good luck

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:02 am

I'm a little concerned about the sister's comment.

Even if you were threatening to revoke your sponsorship, it does seem a strange statement for her to make - as does your wife's request (no matter how generous one tries to be about family ties, separation, anxiety etc).

Like others here, I'd advise that you sit down and have a good talk with your wife, then follow your instincts on the result of that talk.
Oh, the drama...!

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:43 am

Personally I think you are being used.