ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M - Waiting times

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vichas
Newly Registered

got my application back - 12 weeks wait.

Post by vichas » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:29 am

hey all!

Just to let you know that just now I received my ILR.
I am so happy, finally after all this time!

From the information I gathered, (which was just now corroborated by my personal experience), straight forward cases are CURRENTLY resolved withing 11-12 weeks.

Note that there might be a minor delay due to post office strikes and general mayhem.

Knowing roughly when to expect my application made a huge difference - it's the difference between the home office's "useful" reply of "probably less than 6 months" and the (actually not that long when you think about it) "12 weeks"... Anyhow, what a relief!

My advice for current and future applicants is:

1. If you can - i.e if your application is straight forward and you qualify otherwise - do yourself a favor: pay the extra 200 quid and get an appointment.
Avoiding the torment of waiting for ages, and the restriction of not leaving the country for months is definitely worth 200 pounds.

2. Unless there really is a tragedy in the family or some other extreme circumstances - forget about pushing the queue. You're just making it worse for everyone else! sit tight, and wait like everybody else!

3. continue filling up the survey at :
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform ... ZGxyaUE6MA

and read other people's statistics at:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html

DONT FORGET TO UPDATE IT WHEN YOU ACTUALLY RECEIVE YOUR VISA!

Good luck to you all,

A.

oluwa112

Re: got my application back - 12 weeks wait.

Post by oluwa112 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:40 pm

vichas wrote:hey all!

Just to let you know that just now I received my ILR.
I am so happy, finally after all this time!

From the information I gathered, (which was just now corroborated by my personal experience), straight forward cases are CURRENTLY resolved withing 11-12 weeks.

My advice for current and future applicants is:

1. If you can - i.e if your application is straight forward and you qualify otherwise - do yourself a favor: pay the extra 200 quid and get an appointment.
Avoiding the torment of waiting for ages, and the restriction of not leaving the country for months is definitely worth 200 pounds.

Congratulations of getting your Passport back with your ILR endorsed....

But with regards to paying the Extra £200 for the premium application if your application is straight forward. The problem is how you know if your application is straight forward?

I paid the premium price; Applying based on 10yrs Continuous Residency. I read the caseworker guide on the website from Front to back and back to front. I was so sure that my application will be straight forward based on the information on the guide and off course to my surprise I get there and it wasn’t as straight forward as it might seem.

Its just gets more and more expensive, so basically to find out if your application is straight forward or not, you will need to consult an immigration lawyer first *they will charge anything from £75- £250 if not more* to have you say your name before they will look at your case and advise you appropriately.
SO you see a lawyer they say your application is straight forward, you go ahead and pay for the premium service so that is £1020 + £100 *just averaged the price of seeing a lawyer* = £1120 + How ever much it cost to get to the PEO.

You see a lawyer and they tell you that your application is a little complex so go the postal route, so that is £820+ £100 = £920 + Postage *and with royal mail refusing to work, you probably having to shell out a lot more for a courier service like UPS or DHL

Please tell me when the cost ends???? Its like immigration is like Micro Economy which is really profitable for anyone involved in it.

Its so Frustrating! But I guess this is where patience is really tested and the meaning of the saying Patience is a Virtue really Carries! *SIGHS*

Paulhino
Newly Registered

Re: letter from home office

Post by Paulhino » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:47 pm

oluwa112 wrote:
Paulhino wrote:
Good luck. I appplied June 24th PEO, was asked for more information as you were. 15weeks later, I'm still waiting. I really need favour.

That doesnt soud promising!!! U applied since June 24th??

Which PEO did you apply to? I went into Liverpool. After they downgraded you to the postal application did they ever get back in touch with you to send more information and if they did how soon did they get back to you request this more information? Also when more information was requested from you, was the request made from the Same PEO Location you booked your appointment at or was it a different PEO location?

Cos my main problem here now with what you have said is that they haven’t even contacted me at all for more information, so basically I am still at a stand still and in the belief that my application is under some rock not being looked at. At least some sort of correspondence will put my mind at ease. Also since I have not heard from them I have absolutely no clue which location is dealing with my application. Being that I went in Person to Liverpool, but if I had applied by Post I would have had to send my application to Durham. But as I was told that they need to escalate my application for further investigation and with the Croydon office being the head office, its also possible that they might have sent my application there.

So what I am saying is that my application could be in one 1 or those 3 locations. So even if I wanted to send more information to them *as they have not asked me to do so* I feel like I have to send messages to all those three sites and hope that one of those 3 sites are dealing with my application.

So I would Love to know where your PEO appointment was and when they wrote you to send out more information where was the request sent from.
I went to Croydon. I applied under SET(M). They asked for more information which was sent to them in post 10days later. Required info was been sent to Croydon office. "Great service" considering how much one has to pay for the service.

shani US citizen
Newly Registered

waiting....

Post by shani US citizen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:19 pm

The problem is that nowhere on the form does it say the wait time could be 6 months, if it did I definitely would have paid the extra £200 and gone down in person. I only found the wait times by doing a google search after I applied by post, somewhere through the link you can find it on the home office website but it's not blatantly clear. The entire process is so overwhelming that I think they should clarify these things a bit more on their application forms and less people would be so frantic about their case. I've lost much more than £200 by having to re book flights, paying for a bridesmaid dress that I can no longer wear because I won't make the wedding....it just goes on and on...[/quote]

hamed
Newly Registered

finaly

Post by hamed » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Thanks Allah (sw) finaly i recieved my spouse ILR 2 day after 8 weeks.
as you might remember from my last posts i didnt have no docouments at all for the first year. i have been to a few solicitors and they adviced me to apply for extension rather than ILR . but i took the risk and asked more than 30 friends, relatives and family to write me letters to confirm that we were living 2gether for the first year ..( and it worked )
as for second year i had some docouments jointly ....
thanks everyone ... and God bless you all

nyameye

what documents did u take

Post by nyameye » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:00 am

congrats to all those who have received your ILR.

my wife will be due to apply for hers soon. what document did u take and how much did u have in your bank account?? thank you.

Paulhino
Newly Registered

Re: finaly

Post by Paulhino » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:10 am

hamed wrote:Thanks Allah (sw) finaly i recieved my spouse ILR 2 day after 8 weeks.
as you might remember from my last posts i didnt have no docouments at all for the first year. i have been to a few solicitors and they adviced me to apply for extension rather than ILR . but i took the risk and asked more than 30 friends, relatives and family to write me letters to confirm that we were living 2gether for the first year ..( and it worked )
as for second year i had some docouments jointly ....
thanks everyone ... and God bless you all
Congrats Hamed.

hamed
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by hamed » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:34 pm

as far as i undrestood .
i applied for spouse ILR and i recieved acknowledgment letter from croydon and it took 8 weeks to recieve my ILR .
one of my friend applied months before me and Sheffield was dealing with his application ..and his took 11 months.
good luck

usman1900
Newly Registered

ilr waiting

Post by usman1900 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:38 pm

i m still waiting for ILR

applied 17th august...........
what the hell...

usman1900
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by usman1900 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:38 pm

applied 17/08/2009

still waiting

usman1900
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by usman1900 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:44 pm

applied 17/08/2009
still waiting

charliegal

Post by charliegal » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:35 pm

Applied for SET M 4th August, still waiting :( This waiting is horrible, good luck to everyone else who is waiting, keep us updated xxx

ibrahim100
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahim100 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:08 pm

until 17/10/2009 i'll be finshing 8 weeks of waiting :roll:

keep updating guys and good luck to all of us.

james120
Newly Registered

Post by james120 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:24 am

I applied 15/09.

Hoping to get it by Christmas :?

charliegal

Post by charliegal » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:41 pm

12 weeks 2 days still waiting ... Really wanted it back this week as couldnt go away in summer holidays as had no passport and now wont be able to go away in half term either :( xxx

belindatz
Newly Registered

Post by belindatz » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:57 am

posted docs 14/08
confirmation wrote 17/08
confirmation received 20/08
money deducted 21/08
visa expired 13/09
letter wrote 20/10
passport received 22/10 with ILR stamp
thats one day before the 10 weeks mark
there is hope for all

james120
Newly Registered

Post by james120 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:23 am

belindatz wrote: letter wrote 20/10
passport received 22/10 with ILR stamp
what did you say?!

ibrahim100
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahim100 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:15 pm

Congratulations belindatz

i'm finshing the 10 weeks this week,Good luck to all

belindatz
Newly Registered

Post by belindatz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:18 pm

sorry i didnt word that correctly it was meant to be letter frm HO wrote 20/10

shani US citizen
Newly Registered

what???

Post by shani US citizen » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:51 pm

I don't understand. People who've applied around the same time or after me have already received their ILR!?! My case is so straight forward, both my husband and I work, own our own home, have no dependents and don't receive any benefits. I don't know what's going on, it's been 11 weeks and still waiting! We already canceled one trip to America where we were supposed to attend a wedding and now have re-booked it for Christmas. If we don't get our passports by then I will go mad!!!

charliegal

Post by charliegal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:19 pm

Its great news for all those who have got their ILR but it sooooo frustrating for us still waiting :(

13 weeks 2 days still nothing :( xxx

Diva
Newly Registered

Post by Diva » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:20 pm

We applied for the other half's ILR back in August. Payment was taken out within 10 days.

We got a letter at the beginning of October asking for some further documents which we sent off.

Now waiting for them to get back to us.

Paulhino
Newly Registered

Re: what???

Post by Paulhino » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 pm

shani US citizen wrote:I don't understand. People who've applied around the same time or after me have already received their ILR!?! My case is so straight forward, both my husband and I work, own our own home, have no dependents and don't receive any benefits. I don't know what's going on, it's been 11 weeks and still waiting! We already canceled one trip to America where we were supposed to attend a wedding and now have re-booked it for Christmas. If we don't get our passports by then I will go mad!!!
Just finished week 18! :x

ibrahim100
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahim100 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:46 pm

Any body know how long do we have to wait until we apply for the citizenship after getting the ILR (as married to British)? is it 1 year after getting the ILR? OR i count 3 years since i arrived to UK?

Thank You

shani US citizen
Newly Registered

still waiting

Post by shani US citizen » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:52 pm

Paulhino,
Have you tried to contact the home office to see what's taking so long? When I phoned they said they don't have any information unless it's been 14 weeks and you are way past that by now. You will see in one of my earlier posts that I received a letter a month ago from the home office explaining they were working on cases received July 20th.