ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

queries about ILR, thanks very much!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

celinejade
Newly Registered

queries about ILR, thanks very much!

Post by celinejade » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Dear ALL,

Would someone kindly help to answer the following question? Thanks very much!

I got Tier 1(General) visa on Oct 1st 2008, and entered UK on Oct 22nd 2008, on Oct 1st 2011 i need to extend my visa and according to current policy my renewed visa will expire on Oct 1st 2013.

Suppose the ILR time is still 5 years by then, so after Oct 22 2013 i will be able to apply for ILR,

The problem is my tier 1 visa will expire on Oct 1st 2013, and there is 20 days gap until i could apply for ILR.

My question is how can i remain in UK for the extra 20 days, until i can apply for ILR?

Thanks very much in advance! Really appreciate your kind help very much! :)

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:12 am

According to rules currently in force, you could apply for ILR 28 days before you complete 5 years of stay which will be Sep 24th 2013 in your case.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:18 am

After the new regulation come into affect (probably July 2011), there won’t be ILR any more, it would be Probationary Citizenship.

Ray

celinejade
Newly Registered

Post by celinejade » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks very much SKUK and Ray!! :)

i have another doubt, if i for some reasons need to be out of UK for quite a long period, let's say more than half a year, because there is no time request in extension of Tier 1, so as long as i meet the points i will be able to extend my tier 1 visa, the problem is for ILR or probationary citizenship, as we need to meet the requirement of not be out of UK for 180 days in five years, so i have to wait and apply for it in a later time when i meet this prerequirement.

My question is how can i stay and work in UK after my five year tier 1 visa is over, and before i can apply for ILR or probationary citizenship? what type of visa or residence permit can i apply then so as to keep myself in UK?

Thanks very much indeed! Really appreciate it very much!! :)

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:55 am

All depend on future lmmi. laws

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:06 pm

If for some reason you can't satisfy the conditions to apply ILR (or PC/TC) after 5 years or whatever the qualifying period is set at that point in time, you can go in for another extension of tier 1.

All depends on the "future Immi. laws" as Suhil-ACCA has mentioned. Somehow get a feeling that the next guv that will be formed will clamp down heavily on immigration given the storm that has been raised recently. Just hope for the best.

celinejade
Newly Registered

Post by celinejade » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi, thanks very much Sushil-ACCA and SKUK! :)

SKUK, would you please give me the web link that i can find the detailed policy and requirements for the second extention of Tier 1 after 5 years, such as the passing points, requirements on earnings, etc, thanks very much indeed!! :)

I suppose it should be different from the first extension.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:21 pm

No - its not different than first extension. Why u think that it should be different?

celinejade
Newly Registered

Post by celinejade » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:35 pm

Hi sky, would you please give me the link for the second extention? Thanks!

I thought it should be different, because it do has some differences between the initial tier 1 application and the extension after 3 years, for instance, in the age and earnings sections.

celinejade
Newly Registered

Post by celinejade » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:37 pm

btw, how many years will we get in the second extension of tier 1? Thanks! :)