ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inviting all JAVA Gurus - Howz Java market???

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:34 am

Screamaway - the process of signing the final papers once the interview process starts takes 2 months in some cases - so it's not the actual job hunt period we were discussing.

Hunting for a job can take a year agreed, but the question was how long does it take to close the deal once the interview process starts and includes, multiple interview rounds, waiting for the agent and company coming back with feedback and info etc to which the answer is anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months :-)

Cheers
KP

ashokccs

JAVA Openings???

Post by ashokccs » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:26 pm

Hi All,

Any one working or hunting in Java sector? could you please suggest/share your experience on how good is the Java market in UK at this point? Am sure this will help the new comers to analyze the market atleast a bit if not fully, before they actually start the hunt :). Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
Ash.

sashi1979

Re: JAVA Openings???

Post by sashi1979 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:02 pm

ashokccs wrote:Hi All,

Any one working or hunting in Java sector? could you please suggest/share your experience on how good is the Java market in UK at this point? Am sure this will help the new comers to analyze the market atleast a bit if not fully, before they actually start the hunt :). Thanks for your help.

Best wishes,
Ash.
java market - you must be kidding.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:05 pm

sashi1979 wrote: Ash.
What's problem with you ? Have you already flied back ,accrording to this, http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#256645 ?

Don't discourage people just for sake of it.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:06 pm

gotcha wrote:
What's problem with you ? Have you already flied back ,accrording to this, http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#256645 ?

The java market is crap, what shall he do instead? Lie and say that it's fantastic and then they get here and it's actually crap?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:11 pm

meats wrote:
The java market is crap, what shall he do instead? Lie and say that it's fantastic and then they get here and it's actually crap?
I'm not a java guy, but, to be honest, I see such replies since, I was in phase these new comers are in(It's more than 2 years now). I can give you example of friend of mine, who received offer in java last week, and his wife in .net 2 weeks before. So, there are definitely succes stories for every other failure. Other wise, there would not have so many people trying to get in here.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:26 pm

gotcha wrote:
meats wrote:
I'm not a java guy, but, to be honest, I see such replies since, I was in phase these new comers are in(It's more than 2 years now). I can give you example of friend of mine, who received offer in java last week, and his wife in .net 2 weeks before. So, there are definitely succes stories for every other failure. Other wise, there would not have so many people trying to get in here.
But that doesn't change the fact that java market, IT market and UK market in general is crap. I don't understand why anyone right now would give up a job in another country and potentially be unemployed in the UK for a very long time.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:32 pm

meats wrote:
gotcha wrote:
meats wrote:
But that doesn't change the fact that java market, IT market and UK market in general is crap. I don't understand why anyone right now would give up a job in another country and potentially be unemployed in the UK for a very long time.
I'll repeat what I said earlier, I'm seeing such replies since I joined this forum, still people are able to get jobs. That's fact,too.
Last edited by gotcha on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:37 pm

--(Don't know what I did, but able to duplicate my post)

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:40 pm

gotcha wrote:
meats wrote:
gotcha wrote:
meats wrote:
I'll repeat what I said earlier, I'm seeing such replies since I joined this forum, still people are able to get jobs. That's fact,too.
And for every 1 that is getting a job about 10 aren't. There's a reason that unemployment is still increasing and that's because there aren't many jobs around right now.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm normally one to defend this nay-saying but unfortunaltey the Java market is very....very quiet at the moment :(

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:22 pm

gotcha wrote:

For the record, I flew out. Came back for other family reasons and sitting jobless !

Now let me say, I have 10 offers waiting at my feet. Java, .Net ASP. All paid like 100k plus another 50k bonus. All I need to do is go to work in pyjamas, sit there, watch TV and get back home in the evening.

Does that make you happy?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:40 pm

sashi1979 wrote: Does that make you happy?
I'll be more happy seeing you in a job. Good luck with your job hunt.

I should actally start a new thread about "Why earlier immigrant are not happy,with flow of new immigrants".

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:22 pm

gotcha wrote:

I should actally start a new thread about "Why earlier immigrant are not happy,with flow of new immigrants".
ohhh then why dont we chuck out all the native brits here and others can occupy this place...

for that matter even caucasians in US/Australia are immigrants right??? why do they not entertain everyone else ???

you talk as if you welcome everyone with both hands.. if it lays an axe on your job - you'll come clean then.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:28 pm

sashi1979 wrote:
gotcha wrote:

ohhh then why dont we chuck out all the native brits here and others can occupy this place...

for that matter even caucasians in US/Australia are immigrants right??? why do they not entertain everyone else ???

you talk as if you welcome everyone with both hands.. if it lays an axe on your job - you'll come clean then.
Oh !

I really like your thing "Let me come in and then close the door".

And for me, I don't have any objection anybody taking my job. That's free maket for you. I must have taken somebodies job when immigrated here.

I'll be hpocrite to come in this country, not long ago, and expect to close the door on other immigrants(yes, like me , legal). I'm still proud citizen of my country, and do not fear of going there.

sashi1979

Post by sashi1979 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 pm

gotcha wrote:
sashi1979 wrote:
gotcha wrote:

Oh !

I really like your thing "Let me come in and then close the door".

And for me, I don't have any objection anybody taking my job. That's free maket for you. I must have taken somebodies job when immigrated here.

I'll be hpocrite to come in this country, not long ago, and expect to close the door on other immigrants(yes, like me , legal). I'm still proud citizen of my country, and do not fear of going there.
Neither am I worried about going back to my country nor someone taking up my job for whatever reasons.

But its not fair on you to attribute my response to such a 'fear'.
I was only explaining the market situation here and not trying to drumbeat that its all gungho here. If you were looking for jobs you'd know better - you should be happy being in one.. so its difficult to understand other job seeker concerns.

Finally, to clarify - Iam not against competition. I only said the situation here isnt all green.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:15 pm

sashi1979 wrote:But its not fair on you to attribute my response to such a 'fear'.
I never said that, I was talking about me.
But, you already proved my point with your earlier reply.
sashi1979 wrote: I was only explaining the market situation here and not trying to drumbeat that its all gungho here.
But, the way it is been told is disappointing. "Let them waste their money" kind of responses are definitely not in good spirit.
sashi1979 wrote: If you were looking for jobs you'd know better - you should be happy being in one.. so its difficult to understand other job seeker concerns.
Yes, I was once in this phase. Would I had listened to such replies in my time, could not have made my mind to come here. As mentioned already lot of times, these posts/and replies are common since I was hunting job.
sashi1979 wrote: Finally, to clarify - Iam not against competition. I only said the situation here isnt all green.
Good ! All the best of your job hunt.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Just so everyone sort of gets the idea why people tend to leave good jobs in their home countries and come here to try their luck EVEN when the market is bad

For the explanation lets assume an average IT worker in India with 5 yrs exp. I guess the average pay will be around Rs 7 lakhs (again a general average as it can be much higher and even lesser in many cases).

So Rs 7 lakhs translates to approx £9350 a year. From this figure alone one should understand why anyone is ready to take a gamble and come to the UK to try for a job right?
Think about monthly savings. With this salary in India, he cannot save more than £250 to £300 a month whereas that can easily be done in the UK.

Compare this to a job that pays about £28k in the UK. You get about £2k in hand and if the guy is single he can easily save £1k a month!!! So If a person has enough savings for say 6 to 8 months to last in the UK and then hopefully lands a job the net result in a year's time alone is pure PROFIT. Or for that matter, 2 good contracts in a year will be even more lucrative than the £9k you get in India.

Then include the lifestyle, work culture, personal satisfaction etc WHY should one not try his luck in the UK even if it means being jobless for 8 months. Success only comes to those who takes calculated risks and coming to the UK with some good work exp under your belt is surely a very good risk to take NO MATTER how bad the market is :-)

Cheers
KP