ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain or Spouse visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lula
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain or Spouse visa

Post by lula » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:16 pm

I have been in the UK for 5 years on the HSMP visa. I am now eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain, but just got married to a UK citizen 2 months ago. Does anyone know if it's better to apply for Indefinite Leave or should I apply for the spouse visa?

Thanks,

Lu

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain or Spouse visa

Post by Wanderer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:23 pm

lula wrote:I have been in the UK for 5 years on the HSMP visa. I am now eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain, but just got married to a UK citizen 2 months ago. Does anyone know if it's better to apply for Indefinite Leave or should I apply for the spouse visa?

Thanks,

Lu
Quicker to stay on HSMP route for ILR and BC. Plus u r safe if ur beloved turns wrong and boots u out!

No brainer really....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mag4kg
Newly Registered

Post by mag4kg » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:25 pm

Quicker to stay on the HSMP route. On a spouse visa it might take another two years to apply for ILR at which time the Earned Citizenship rules will be in place and therefore take you longer to get Citizenship.

Much easier to get your ILR now.

lula
Newly Registered

Post by lula » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Thanks. ILR it is! :D

BLAWAL
Newly Registered

Post by BLAWAL » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:14 pm

i wiil advise u to go it alone. applying for spouse visa means u rely on ur wife to stay in this country for the next two years.in some cases these women take advantage of you. pls dont get me wrong, not all of them but in my case i went through hell as my wife's mind was poluted by her witch mother.hey... its a long story,i cant go into it, but think twice, although in ur case it might be different but i'm sure a lot of people must have had my experience. anyway, i thank God, i'm sorted today. may God bless u.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:23 pm

BLAWAL wrote:i wiil advise u to go it alone. applying for spouse visa means u rely on ur wife to stay in this country for the next two years.in some cases these women take advantage of you. pls dont get me wrong, not all of them but in my case i went through hell as my wife's mind was poluted by her witch mother.hey... its a long story,i cant go into it, but think twice, although in ur case it might be different but i'm sure a lot of people must have had my experience. anyway, i thank God, i'm sorted today. may God bless u.
he may be correct , but this is life and we have to face it

Allah karim