ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Your Suggestions to Get a Job in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vijay Kumar Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Vijay Kumar Singh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:19 am

Dear All,

Kindly advice me to get a good opportunity in UK. Currently i am in India and have got 6 years of strong experience in HR Recruitment in IT, Telecom and Semiconductor Industry. I have done Graduation in Computer Science and Post Graduate in Human Resource Management. I am actively looking for an onsite opportunity. My plan is to get a job in hand and then get visa through my employer and move to UK.
I am interseted to join any industry if i get a good opportunity.
Please guide me and help me.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.

meats
BANNED

Re: Need Your Suggestions to Get a Job in UK

Post by meats » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:23 am

Vijay Kumar Singh wrote:Dear All,

Kindly advice me to get a good opportunity in UK. Currently i am in India and have got 6 years of strong experience in HR Recruitment in IT, Telecom and Semiconductor Industry. I have done Graduation in Computer Science and Post Graduate in Human Resource Management. I am actively looking for an onsite opportunity. My plan is to get a job in hand and then get visa through my employer and move to UK.
I am interseted to join any industry if i get a good opportunity.
Please guide me and help me.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.
No chance, get the visa in hand first and then apply.

Vijay Kumar Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Vijay Kumar Singh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. but how to get a visa without job. In India, Emigration Consultants are charging so much money to apply for visa. Kindly let me know how to go ahead. How is UK market for HR and Recruiters? It is really helpful to approach Emigration Consultants for Visa and Job? Do you suggest if i apply for visa and after that i will get a job?
Please suggest me in detail.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Vijay Kumar Singh wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your reply. but how to get a visa without job. In India, Emigration Consultants are charging so much money to apply for visa. Kindly let me know how to go ahead. How is UK market for HR and Recruiters? It is really helpful to approach Emigration Consultants for Visa and Job? Do you suggest if i apply for visa and after that i will get a job?

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.
There's no guarantee that you'll get a job if you're granted a visa and your chances will be even worse if you stayed in India after the visa is granted and applied from there. Over 2.5m people are currently unemployed in the UK right now, i personally wouldn't bother applying for a visa right now.

Vijay Kumar Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Vijay Kumar Singh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks for your prompt response. i really appreciate for your suggestion. i will wait till market picks up and then try for an onsite opportunity. Would you like to suggest me to any other country apart from UK where i can get something? Please let me know. But i do not want to go through Emigration Consultants as they can cheat sometimes to make money.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Vijay Kumar Singh wrote:Thanks for your prompt response. i really appreciate for your suggestion. i will wait till market picks up and then try for an onsite opportunity. Would you like to suggest me to any other country apart from UK where i can get something? Please let me know. But i do not want to go through Emigration Consultants as they can cheat sometimes to make money.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.
What's wrong with India? Most of the world is suffering high unemployment because of the recession, if you're determined to work abroad then look into countries that you want to go to and see what the situation is in each one.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Vijay Kumar Singh wrote:Hi,

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.
Jobs market here is on it's arse in every field, seasoned UK professionals are finding it very tough.

What jobs there are going to local guys with UK experience - it's a buyers market.

For Tier 1 and the freedom to chose ur employer u'll need a Tier 1 - and a Masters Degree, otherwise it's a Tier 2 and hope a licenced employer will sponsor you.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Vijay,

Have you checked if you qualify for a tier 1?

You don't really need the service of these agencies to help you get a tier 1 if you are ready to put in some effort.

Yes the market is quite bad right now and the openings are few and far between. Just to give you an indicator of the scenario here, UK is now lagging behind Italy in economic output, not seen since 1987.

You would also need a lot of money to sustain yourself here if it takes you a long time to get a job. So take all this into account when making your decision to move to the UK.

Vijay Kumar Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Vijay Kumar Singh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:37 pm

sure will do that. lets wait till market picks up and then look for some onsite opportunities. Hopefully, i must get something good in near future once recession gets over.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.

Vijay Kumar Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Vijay Kumar Singh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Dear All,

I have got some ideas now about job markets in UK and other countries and realised that this is not the right time to plan for onsite opportunities. I hope i can try in future for tier 1 as i have master's degree. but going further i really need everyone's help to get a good opportunity once market picks up. i do not have much idea about how to apply for tier 1? i hope and very sure that all of you will help me to get something good. I will also welcome if you can share some links on how to proceed for tier 1 in near future so i will have enough information till good time comes.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:50 pm

I have got some ideas now about job markets in UK and other countries and realised that this is not the right time to plan for onsite opportunities. I hope i can try in future for tier 1 as i have master's degree. but going further i really need everyone's help to get a good opportunity once market picks up. i do not have much idea about how to apply for tier 1? i hope and very sure that all of you will help me to get something good. I will also welcome if you can share some links on how to proceed for tier 1 in near future so i will have enough information till good time comes.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.
Google is your friend.

Vijay Kumar Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Vijay Kumar Singh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:12 pm

Dear All,

I would also like to check with you guys that i have done Executive Post Graduate Program in Business Management with Specialization in Human Resource Management form Wigan & Leigh College which is certified from UK. Would it be helpful to start a career in UK in near future as WLC is a certified college from UK and they provide final certificate from Wigan & Leigh, UK.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:17 pm

I would also like to check with you guys that i have done Executive Post Graduate Program in Business Management with Specialization in Human Resource Management form Wigan & Leigh College which is certified from UK. Would it be helpful to start a career in UK in near future as WLC is a certified college from UK and they provide final certificate from Wigan & Leigh, UK.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.
Wigan and Leigh? My daughter goes there!

UK employers prefer experience over qualifications every time....

Vijay Kumar Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Vijay Kumar Singh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:45 am

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your information. I wanted to check with you about Wigan & Leigh College has really got some value in UK? I have got 6 years of hard core experience into HR and Recruitment in IT. I may definitely need your guidance to proceed further for tier 1 in UK but will wait till market picks up. Please keep guiding me.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 am

Vijay Kumar Singh wrote:Hi Guru,

Thanks for your information. I wanted to check with you about Wigan & Leigh College has really got some value in UK? I have got 6 years of hard core experience into HR and Recruitment in IT. I may definitely need your guidance to proceed further for tier 1 in UK but will wait till market picks up. Please keep guiding me.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.
Well I'm sure it's ok but it is a college, not a university....

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Hi Vijay
I don't think it will be easy getting job if u have experience in Hr in a different country. My wife did post graduation in Hr from TISS and have good Experience but employers look for UK experience. Employment law is also different here as compared to india.

Here employers look for CIPD, CPP qualification if someone is looking for job in HR.
There might be some scope if u have exp in shared services.

For Software guys it might be somewhat easy to get job here as compared to Personnel officer(Hr).
Opening are also less as compared to software..

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:33 am

Vijay Kumar Singh wrote:Hi Guru,

I wanted to check with you about Wigan & Leigh College has really got some value in UK?
No it hasn't as Wanderer said. Colleges are more often than not where local people, including schoolkids to do their A-levels, go so most of the students at that college will be from the Wigan and Leigh area and the surrounding towns. Unlike say Manchester Uni where people will attend from all over the country.

Vijay Kumar Singh
Newly Registered

Post by Vijay Kumar Singh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:04 pm

Hi Namaste London,

I have got very good experience in hard core recruitment in IT, Telecom, Embedded and Semiconductor. I have recently posted my profile in few UK job sites like jobserve.com, cwjobs.co.uk, monster.co.uk and jobsite.co.uk and getting so many mails regarding job openings in recruitment and HR but even after sending my profile, i have not yet got a single call from them. Kindly let me know if there could be some scope for recruiters as i have more experience into recruitment and good exposure of all other HR functions.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi Vijay,

I have just gone through the entire post and one thing is very clear - Your dying urge to be 'onsite' is far outweighing your common sense - well atleast that's what I infer from your non stop questioning.
All forum members are advicing you very well and clearly stating that
1. In general, the job market in the UK is at its very low
2. Roles in the HR world are even more less and restricted to the local community
3. HR and recruitment requirments are specific to UK and so without substantial UK Experience, you cannot get a job with a decent pay package to sustain al costs incurred by you
4. No company will even look at your CV if you dont have a Tier 1. Dont bother approaching local agents to arrange visas because they will only eat your money

Read all posts carefully and make a well informed decision. At this moment, neither your skillset nor the market is in your favor so don't be so high strung on getting a job onsite right now. You have a good job back home, build your experience and keep looking at countries and options other than the UK

Cheers
KP