ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Move 'British Citizenship' to top of United Kingdom forum

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

global gypsy

Move 'British Citizenship' to top of United Kingdom forum

Post by global gypsy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:33 am

Hello Admins,

Under United Kingdom forum, the newly created British Citizenhip sub-forum has been placed right at the bottom. As a result, we have several posts related to British Citizenship still going into the General UK Immigration forum sub-forum.

Can you please move the British Citizenship sub-forum right to the top, under United Kingdom forum. This way we can ensure people are aware of the existence of the British Citizenship sub-forum, and post in the right place. Also, people interested in British citizenship topic don't miss any relevant posts.

Thank you.

push

Post by push » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks for your comments. I will take it up with other moderators.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

John

Post by John » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:23 pm

global gypsy, sorry I disagree. Logically, in time order, Citizenship comes after ILR etc.

Posts in other areas relating to Citizenship? As Moderators spot them they are moving relevant posts to the British Citizenship area of the board. Don't hesitate to PM me to bring any topic to my attention, that you think should be moved from one area of the board to another.
John

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:29 pm

John, let me explain the reason for my suggestion:
1. You will notice the 'General UK Immigration forum' is now the de-facto place for ILR related queries
2. Because 'British Citizenship' currently sits right at the bottom, it can get missed and people may continue posting citizenship related queries on the 'General UK Immigration forum' area.
3. If the 'British Citizenship' forum is located close to the 'General UK Immigration forum' then the chances of incorrect posts is lessened. You will agree it's better not to depend on people pointing out mistakes, but avoid them in the first place.
4. And the two topics are quite close to each other.

Finally, I don't agree with your observation about the timeline based arrangement of the forums. The 'General' forum is now used mostly for ILR queries, and it comes before Tier1, Tier2 etc.
Also, if you feel 'Citizenship' should not come first, perhaps it could be placed just below 'General' forum.

Personally, I feel this is most appropriate. But it's Admin/mod call.