ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

crack
Newly Registered

Post by crack » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:26 pm

@intruder: i think you can apply before your visa expires....

----

Also my question is that my visa expires in jan 2010....can i apply by post right now...or maybe in nov?....

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 am

intruder wrote:hey guys i have a question and ill appreciate if u guys could help me with it

actually my visa expires on 22nd nov and i am planning to apply for Tier 1 HSMP visa between 10 to 15th Nov..but one of my friend told me recently that one needs to apply atleast 1 month before current visa expiration for HSMP..is that so? i mean i thought as long as ur visa is valid u can apply for extension any time even 1 day before..is it different for HSMP?

ill appreciate your response
You can apply before your visa expires. But H.O recommends to apply before one month and its not a mandatory. Hope it helps

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:05 am

crack wrote:@intruder: i think you can apply before your visa expires....

----

Also my question is that my visa expires in jan 2010....can i apply by post right now...or maybe in nov?....
Just check out my time lines. My visa was due to expire in April 2010 and have applied in september and also got the extension granted. I have not specified any reason. But make sure all the documents are perfect. Yes I have applied by post .All the best.

barua

hsmp extension approved

Post by barua » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:02 pm

Hi all,
I got my hsmp to tier1 general extension approved. Thanks for the forum for immense help.
Posting my details below:
HSMP visa was valid till 17th Oct 2009.
Applied for extension on 17th Sep 2009.
Post reached HO on 18th Sep 2009.
Fee deducted on 21 Sep 2009.
Letter got from HO on 22nd Sep 2009 that they are processing my app.
Extension approved on 9th Oct.
Received documents on 10th Oct.
Pls note I had taken maternity break of 6 months in the year and claimed earning period outside this.
Happy to help anyone in similar situation with the doucuments and format if required.
thanks,
Mrs Barua

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi all,

We got our hsmp to tier1 general extension approved for my husband ,myself and my child. Thanks for the forum for immense help.

Posting my details below:

HSMP visa was valid till 10 th Oct 2009.
Applied for first extension on 25th August 2009.
Application returned as invalid due to photographs and maintenance funds on 16 Sept 2009.
Reapplied on 25 Sept 09
Reached on 26 Sept 09 and fee deducted same day
Acknowledgment letter received on 28th Sept 09

Extension approved on 13th Oct till October 2012 but we are due for PR in March 2010.

Received documents today on 15th Oct 09.

Thanks to everyone in this forum especially Mvent,Chetanojha,push,vn_ramesh and apologies if I missed out anyone.

Happy to hang around and help anyone in similar situation with the documents and format if required.

schinabu
Newly Registered

HSMP to Tier 1 Extension

Post by schinabu » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:47 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for your invaluable guidance and contribution to this Forum.

HSMP to Tier 1 Extension Timelines:

Current Expiry : Dec 11 2009
Application sent - 21 Sept
Application delivered to HO - 22 Sept
Fees deducted - 22 Sept
Visa stamped : 12 October
Visa received : 14 October
New visa Expiry : Dec 11 2012
Processing time - 24 Days (including the dates I sent and received)

Regards,
S Chinabu

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:23 pm

Although my visa expired on 10 Oct 2009 but my visa is stamped from 13 oct 2009 to 13 oct 2012.Will the gap of three days affect my ILR(PR).Any advice please.

intruder
Newly Registered

Post by intruder » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 am

vish_shan wrote:
crack wrote:@intruder: i think you can apply before your visa expires....

----

Just check out my time lines. My visa was due to expire in April 2010 and have applied in september and also got the extension granted. I have not specified any reason. But make sure all the documents are perfect. Yes I have applied by post .All the best.
thanks vish :)

lancsatul
Newly Registered

Post by lancsatul » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 am

Hi,
1 Gen HSMP extension + 2 dependants (wife and new born child)

HSMP to Tier 1 Extension Timelines:

Current Expiry : Nov 8 2009
Application sent - 24 Sept
Application delivered to HO - 25 Sept
Fees deducted - 25 Sept
Visa stamped : 13 October
Visa received : 15 October
New visa Expiry : Nov 8 2012
Processing time - 19 Days

The site has been a great help - Keep up the good work!

Thanks

rakalchele
Newly Registered

Post by rakalchele » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:19 pm

positivesolitude wrote:Although my visa expired on 10 Oct 2009 but my visa is stamped from 13 oct 2009 to 13 oct 2012.Will the gap of three days affect my ILR(PR).Any advice please.

Please Keep Acknowledgment letter for your proof that your have applid before your visa expire.

mailgopal80
Newly Registered

Post by mailgopal80 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi All,

Need clarification on the below

I am submitting my 12 months personal bank statement from 1st Dec 08 to 30th Nov 09 as part of previous earning section.

Within the Maintenance of Fund Section again they are asking for 3 months bank statement showing all the trasaction. Having give 12 months bank statement which also includes the 3 months period (1st Sep to 30th Nov 09).

Wherther I need to get 3 months bank statement separately from 1st Sep 09 to 30th Nov 09 from Bank or else within the covering letter say Bank Statement from 1st Sep 09 to 30th Nov 09 is provided as part of Previous earning section.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks
Gopal

alladin

Post by alladin » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:27 pm

mailgopal80 wrote:Hi All,

Need clarification on the below

I am submitting my 12 months personal bank statement from 1st Dec 08 to 30th Nov 09 as part of previous earning section.

Within the Maintenance of Fund Section again they are asking for 3 months bank statement showing all the trasaction. Having give 12 months bank statement which also includes the 3 months period (1st Sep to 30th Nov 09).

Wherther I need to get 3 months bank statement separately from 1st Sep 09 to 30th Nov 09 from Bank or else within the covering letter say Bank Statement from 1st Sep 09 to 30th Nov 09 is provided as part of Previous earning section.

Kindly clarify.

Thanks
Gopal
Hello,

you can do either way, either mention that the doc are already submitted in the earning's section or you can always ask the bank to issue a duplicate (which is bit unnecessary) for the statements.

thanks

Ums
Newly Registered

Extension approved - Croydon

Post by Ums » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:39 pm

Applied for extension at PEO Croydon today
HSMP visa valid till Nov 2009
Approved till Nov 2012
Applied as employed and self employed

alladin

Extension approved - Birmingham PEO

Post by alladin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi All.,

a good news to share , my extension application is approved and is valid from the current date of expiry on March, 2010 till March 2013.

Although, I had mentioned my credit card details on the form, I had to use my pin to do the transaction. I mean to say that they were not using the info in the application form to debit my account, but asked me to enter the pin on the device to make the payment. I was of the opinion that I may not need to interfere with the payment.

Rest everything went fine, as cited by all the members earlier, after an initial verification which took almost 20 min, the caseworker told me that the application looked fine and asked me to come back after 2 hours and if needed he may call me on mobile.

I had the covering letter which mentioned about the early application and a request for the xtnded visa from the current expiry. Caseworker told me that for hsmp extensions, it is usually from the end of expiry and he will confirm. After the initial checks he came back and told me that the visa will be valid from the date of expiry.

Thank for all members who gave the support and the shared their experiences. Any queries please do ask.

If everyone applying verifies their application with this check list available here,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

, that would be helpful.

cheers,
alladin :D

gauravw
Newly Registered

Extension approved

Post by gauravw » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have received my HSMP Extension under Tier 1 general. I have also applied for the dependent visa of my wife and 2 sons along with my application.

Please find below, my time lines for your reference:-

Points claimed : 110 (90 + 20)
Application sent : September 28 (by next day delivery)
Payment deducted : September 29th
Reference letter : received after 3 days
Visa stamped : October 16
Documents received : October 20th ( by recorded delivery)
Current Expiry : November 2012

Total turnaround time : 17 working days

Thanks a lot for every one who have contributed to this forum and helped others like me

Regards,
Gaurav

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:56 pm

nice one gaurav.

richylh
Newly Registered

Extension approved

Post by richylh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:04 pm

I have received my HSMP Extension under Tier 1 general.

Here is my timelines for your reference:

Applied from: UK
Points claimed : 105 (85 + 20)
Application sent : September 28 (special delivery)
Payment deducted : September 29th
Visa stamped : October 16
Documents received : October 20th ( by recorded delivery)
Current Expiry : November 2012

Total processing time : 17 working days

Thanks

rakalchele
Newly Registered

Tier1(general)hsmp

Post by rakalchele » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:02 am

Hi all i have applied for initial hsmp
my timelines
Application sent : September 26 (by next day delivery)
Payment deducted : September 28ths
Visa stamped : 14 Oct 2009
Documents received : October 21 ( by recorded delivery)

Thanks
abu

foltopza
Newly Registered

recorded delievery,pls help

Post by foltopza » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:34 pm

I applied for extension o hsmp on 19th september,got acknowlegement letter on the 23rd.its been a month now,i rang home office and they said my documents were posted on the 12th of october,i got the tracking number,unfortunately,royal mail said the tracking number is not coming up on their system,that is they have no record of the package.

I am so confused dont know what to do,could the recorded delievery have been signed for by someone else and my document stolen or,could the document have been lost in transit.?

Could royal mail have just put the package in my letter box,which is accessible by other tenants and maybe someone has stolen it,or could it still be with royal mail.

When i went to my local royal mail,all they say is there is no record for the reference number on their system

Any ideas on what else to do as i have got all my life documents in the package

imran22
Member of Standing

Re: recorded delievery,pls help

Post by imran22 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:09 am

foltopza wrote:I applied for extension o hsmp on 19th september,got acknowlegement letter on the 23rd.its been a month now,i rang home office and they said my documents were posted on the 12th of october,i got the tracking number,unfortunately,royal mail said the tracking number is not coming up on their system,that is they have no record of the package.

I am so confused dont know what to do,could the recorded delievery have been signed for by someone else and my document stolen or,could the document have been lost in transit.?

Could royal mail have just put the package in my letter box,which is accessible by other tenants and maybe someone has stolen it,or could it still be with royal mail.

When i went to my local royal mail,all they say is there is no record for the reference number on their system

Any ideas on what else to do as i have got all my life documents in the package

I would suggest to call home office again and double check the reference number. There might be a mistake in writing it. If the one you have is correct then you should ask them what to do as they are the ones who have to report it lost unfortunately

cadari
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by cadari » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:37 am

Initial Application Posted: 22-Sept-2009

Got the application back because the payment didn't go through: 02-10-2009

My visa expired by then: 25-sept-2009

I explained the reason in the cover letter and posted the fresh application on 06-10-2009

Got the visa on 23-10-2009

I would not recommend people to wait till the last week as I did. Please do apply 3 to 4 weeks before your visa expires.

In my case, I could not blame anybody because Bank refused the Visa payment thinking its a fraudulent payment and Home office returned my application because they didn't get the payment.
I was praying everyday because my application was OUT-OF-DATE application. I am lucky to get it this time and would like to thank all the people in the forum who gave me moral support.

Thanks & All the best .
Chandra

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:01 pm

I just received my visa from the HO....a min ago! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol: :lol:

Thank you so much for your advise!

Application type : Postal Application

Points claimed : 95 (75 + 20)

Application sent : Oct 8 (by next day delivery to Durham)
Application received: Oct 9

Payment type: Postal order (i paid 47 pounds extra for myself and 2 dependants)

Reference letter : received on 13 Oct letter was dated 9 Oct

Visa Received by Recorded delivery: 28 Oct

What got me worried throughout the process was the fact that i used bank statement received via post and the recent one printed on plain paper and stamped and signed at the bank........Thank God for success 8)

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Congratulations ~busybee~.

Seems the info on the waiting times section on the UKBA web is out-of-date as they say this week they are considering applications made on or before the 7th.

Also can you spare some time voting for the recent poll for the day HO posts results.

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:31 pm

Thank you. I was surprised myself! I actually thot i was going to receive my doc back from HO next week. I m glad i got it early :lol: :) :D :D

mziyabo
Newly Registered
Yemen

Visa approved - timelines

Post by mziyabo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi guys good news

My tier 1 extension was approved.

Application type: Postal

Point claimed:95 + 20 = 115

Visa expiry: 02/11/2009

Sent:01/10/2009

Ref: Received on 05/10/2009

Visa Processed : 22/10/2009

New expiry date: 02/11/2012

Passport return(recorded mail): 28/10/2009

I am so delighted going out to celebrate. I do however regret not sending a special delivery envelope for the return of my documents.My documents where delayed by the strike for sure.God is good.