ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR QUERY for future application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HSMPLOCHA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering if someone could respond to my query. I tried looking for the answer on the website but failed to get one.

Assuming I get extension I will complete 5years on HSMP in Feb 2013. Will I be affected by the changes to ILR. Will I have to follow the new rules on earned citizenship?

I will be applying for ILR based on my HSMP application although I entered on WP in Nov 2007.

Appreciate answer for this forum for me to pplan further. Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you need more info.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: ILR QUERY for future application

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:25 am

HSMPLOCHA wrote:Hi All,

Just wondering if someone could respond to my query. I tried looking for the answer on the website but failed to get one.

Assuming I get extension I will complete 5years on HSMP in Feb 2013. Will I be affected by the changes to ILR. Will I have to follow the new rules on earned citizenship?

I will be applying for ILR based on my HSMP application although I entered on WP in Nov 2007.

Appreciate answer for this forum for me to pplan further. Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you need more info.
As the new changes thingy is still not clear which says would effect from July(edited from june to july) 2011, i would also wait for any replies on ur query

But i also think its loong way dude to worry abt it as things can change lots n lots of times also..

Note: this is just my view
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:12 am

According to UKBA, the new rules rules would be enforced from July 2011. So those on settlement routes who complete 5 years of stay in UK beyond this time will most likely fall under the remit of the new rules. What is not clear just yet is if there are going to be any transitional arrangements and exceptions [like for those on HSMP leave ]. Only time will tell.

HSMPLOCHA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:52 pm

Thanks Guys. Do agree I am thinking way ahead.
I am sure they will not enforce the new laws on HSMP. They have experience that it did not work in their favour.

It does say on the site there will be exceptions for those on HSMP. Hope it remains that way.

As you said..Time will tell