ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Response to minu_sunny

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Response to minu_sunny

Post by Kayalami » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:20 pm

To: Kayalami
Posted: 17 Mar 2004 04:26
Subject: HSMP Application
Dear Kayalmi,

I wish to apply for Highly Skilled Migration Programme. I am MCA with 11 years of experience from India and i have the required pounts for HSMP. I want to clarify the following pounts with you.
1. How much amount should i have in bank accounts to prove that i am financially sound?
2. In which means could i search for job agter i reach UK?
3. Is IELTS necessary for IT Professionals.?
4. Do you know any one's email address who have migrated to UK via HSMP, so that i could enquire with them how smooth was the process and how difficult was it to search for a job.

Hope you'll clarify my questions as soon as possible.

Minu.

I have posted your pm to me on the board for the benefit of others:

1. There is no fixed amount but you need to have enough for you and your dependents to be accomodated and maintained in the relevant part of the UK without recourse to public funds. A ball park figure on the previous board was to have enough for the 1st three months in the UK at GBP 1,500-2,000 for principal applicant and GBP 500-1,000 for dependent/ month. The more funds you have the better you can satisfy this requirement of the rules. Requirement is less stringent/ almost non existent where you have a job you are coming to in the UK. Best approach is to research the costs of the areas you will live in upon arrival and indicate how you will meet this to the ECO. Go to the previous board and look for post by the following who commented on various costs:

Dokwal
Subukuwt (sp)
Madankumars
Jaygee
Dip
Chess

2. Write to companies directly, register with agencies, go to job centres, broad sheet newspapers e.g. guardian, relevant professional membership magazines, web sites e.g. www.monster.co.uk , www.hotjobs.co.uk, www.fish4jobs.co.uk etc.

3. Not necessary if you can otherwise show you are able to speak English such that you can work and live in the U.K. This includes where primary medium of instruction during your education life was in English or working in english speaking environment etc.

4. No I do not and in any case it would be inappropriate to hand out e-mails without their consent. Again its a matter of you going through posts on this new board and the historic one to determine such by looking for HSMP on the topic to find a relevant poster/s. You then need to e-mail or send them a private message on this if they allow it in their profile.

Good Luck