ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right time to enter UK - Feb2010?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ramesh1

Right time to enter UK - Feb2010?

Post by ramesh1 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:31 pm

This topic is created to get inputs from people who have tier-1 already but still waiting in their current job in india watching UK job market and plan to make decision when to fly to uk and start searching job.

My guess Feb2010 is the right time if any others has different opinion pls post the time they think the right time and why they think so.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:22 am

lol if you look back at this time last year there are identical posts to this. :D

I would have to say that after christmas would be a good bet. The UK agencies really tend to slow down over the holidays. Dark when you wake up in the mornings, Dark when you go home. All your money goes on birthdays, christmas presents and booze. It's just genrally a bit draining.

Springs lovely :) See you then!

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Right time to enter UK - Feb2010?

Post by gotcha » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 am

ramesh1 wrote:This topic is created to get inputs from people who have tier-1 already but still waiting in their current job in india watching UK job market and plan to make decision when to fly to uk and start searching job.

My guess Feb2010 is the right time if any others has different opinion pls post the time they think the right time and why they think so.
Ramesh,

No one can tell you right time to enter in UK. Different people have different experience. In my opinion, you should start applying from India, and judge by response you get. Let job consultants know that, you are willing to come to UK if he/she is succesfull in arranging your interviews.
After arranging atleast 3 interviews come to UK taking leave from your current job, don't resign.

It's you who need to decide. If you rely on responses here, you will go nowhere. I'm using this forum now for more than 2 years. But, seeing same kind of responses about job scenario,even before recession. But somehow, most of them able to secure job, there are some people with bad experiences,too. But, you should expect that,too. Be positive, keep plan B ready, and keep approach practical. Good luck !

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:10 pm

gotcha wrote:
ramesh1 wrote:This topic is created to get inputs from people who have tier-1 already but still waiting in their current job in india watching UK job market and plan to make decision when to fly to uk and start searching job.

Ramesh,

No one can tell you right time to enter in UK. Different people have different experience. In my opinion, you should start applying from India, and judge by response you get. Let job consultants know that, you are willing to come to UK if he/she is succesfull in arranging your interviews.
After arranging atleast 3 interviews come to UK taking leave from your current job, don't resign.

It's you who need to decide. If you rely on responses here, you will go nowhere. I'm using this forum now for more than 2 years. But, seeing same kind of responses about job scenario,even before recession. But somehow, most of them able to secure job, there are some people with bad experiences,too. But, you should expect that,too. Be positive, keep plan B ready, and keep approach practical. Good luck !

Possibly the best response I've seen on here. :)

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:10 am

Its been six month for me and this plan is not working for me. No interview calls till now. Of course as everyone has pointed out , there could be many reasons for this , i believe away from uk is one of the primary factors consultants not processing the applications further

So what is the plan B ? Take a leave for one month , from current job ,give a uk address in the resume and come to uk ? Perhaps than Feb 2010 is a good time .
gotcha wrote:

Ramesh,

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:29 am

cooolz it means u r applying for jobs from india and u r saying no response from then since u r not in UK?That's true i am doing the same but not much response. So i am planning for Plan B visiting UK by Feb2010. Let's see how future unfolds?By the way u r also about to execute Plan B?

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:38 am

coolz and ramesh1, its better to be in uk and try for jobs. unless you have some exceptional skills which no one in uk has then you may probably be called for. Take 2 to 3 months holiday and try,

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:11 pm

herts that's true without being in uk no proper response. But still i am not getting clear picture which are the right months for ex: in india between Jan and april is the perfect start for job search as march-april is the fin year so i am clear now that oct to dec is not the right time as it is christmas holiday in UK it may stretch to jan for newyear but my guess is feb to august should be the right bet. still i am bit confused as this would be the right time??

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:30 pm

I hear in India IT market has picked up ?

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:39 am

I hear in India IT market has picked up ?
Thats true..Now i have started getting calls from India rather then UK (although i am in UK)...

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:15 am

hmm, thats good, so now you have uk experience if you try in India you can get some managerial position.

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Vanadil you mean to say spring in uk starts in Feb and it should be a right to begin with job search? To all who posted response to my thread thank you very much i had concluded from this forum that i should not worry about swine flu much same way nearing to conclusion that Feb should be the right time to start with job search.....let me finalise this too then i will move to cheap airtickets to UK in a new thread.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:23 pm

ramesh1 wrote:Vanadil you mean to say spring in uk starts in Feb and it should be a right to begin with job search? To all who posted response to my thread thank you very much i had concluded from this forum that i should not worry about swine flu much same way nearing to conclusion that Feb should be the right time to start with job search.....let me finalise this too then i will move to cheap airtickets to UK in a new thread.
Spring officially starts around 20 March and not in February. As to whether this is a good time to start a job search or not, no one knows. Lots of people are still being laid off as shown in the news this week. One would expect the market to have picked up a bit by February/March time but whether it would increase your chances of getting a job or not no one knows as there could very well be even more people going for jobs than there are now.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:56 am

I was merely reccomending spring based on historical data of Job market trends that I've personally expreienced.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:22 am

ramesh1 wrote: i will move to cheap airtickets to UK in a new thread.
Sounds good, suggest us few of them as well..:)

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:55 pm

turkmenistan airlines, very cheap, no guarantee of reaching ur destination..

cocoy
Newly Registered

Post by cocoy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:47 pm

I would say the right time is now! not tomorrow, not yesterday but today...

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:00 am

cocoy it seems you are more philosophical rather than practical...can you pls eloborate why u say that the right time is now not tomorrow?

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:23 pm

The common say from a number of friends in UK is that there are hardly any jobs in UK now.

economists say that a second wave of economic downturn will come in Dec-09 ~Jan 10.

I would rather stick to my Job and watch the job market till is starts to rise.

Regards

Markie

Post by Markie » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:07 am

better stay put...I thought you were searching for a UK job?
sajidzaidi wrote:The common say from a number of friends in UK is that there are hardly any jobs in UK now.

economists say that a second wave of economic downturn will come in Dec-09 ~Jan 10.

I would rather stick to my Job and watch the job market till is starts to rise.

Regards

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:01 am

I mean, i will stick to the job i have in my home country and wait till i get some good signs from UK

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:07 am

Hi

How the market situation now.? i just posted my profile on the job portal and not getting much calls...

Am in inside UK.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:31 pm

nm wrote:Hi

How the market situation now.? i just posted my profile on the job portal and not getting much calls...

Am in inside UK.
I think u've answered ur own question......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Historically speaking, market slows down in December and picks up in January. However, you might get lucky with contracting, as sometimes there is an urgent requirement. So, keep trying but at the same time don't lose hope if you donot find job in next two months.

By the way, when did you come to uk?

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks mate,

I just been here for more than a year and working for a company. I just thought of changing company.. :)