ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help....due to New Rules

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mallik
Newly Registered

Urgent Help....due to New Rules

Post by mallik » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Dear All, I am currently on PSW visa which valid until 16/08/2010 and working full time with 28000 per annum wage. I was in impression that I can switch my status into student by end of my current leave and carry on my studies to obtain master degree which required for Tier 1 General.

I just come to know that rules has been changed recently and if I switch back to student I will not be able to claim points for my income (During PSW).

First thing I want to know is that true, if so what other options I have left. Secondly I have my level 7 diploma from LIC previously, is it possible I can just top up my diploma and complete my masters.

Looking forward your kind suggestions in this regard

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:01 am

If you complete your master's study, would not you be eligible for application under Tier 1(Post-study work)?

I think you would. Then you get 2 years after graduation and depending on your situation during these 2 years (i.e. earnings) and of course subject to rule changes, you can extend your leave to remain under Tier 1 (General).

Check http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... poststudy/ for more details on Tier 1(Post-study work).
Last edited by myegin11 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:06 am

on another note, I have been informed that those who just got their initial HSMP (before it was closed on feb 31) will not be able to extend under Bachelors degree.

has anyone else heard sommat like that?

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:44 am

myegin11 wrote:If you complete your master's study, would not you be eligible for application under Tier 1(Post-study work)?

I think you would. Then you get 2 years after graduation and depending on your situation during these 2 years (i.e. earnings) and of course subject to rule changes, you can extend your leave to remain under Tier 1 (General).

Check http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... poststudy/ for more details on Tier 1(Post-study work).
You can apply only once under Tier 1 (PSW) category and OP is already on PSW. So he can't do that. The only other option I see is tier 2 after your post graduate course. You would need to get a company to sponsor you.

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:55 am

Ah, I see. Sorry for overlooking that. I was going to delete my reply to avoid confusions but seems it is already quoted.