ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M - Waiting times

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Paulhino
Newly Registered

Re: still waiting

Post by Paulhino » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:31 am

shani US citizen wrote:Paulhino,
Have you tried to contact the home office to see what's taking so long? When I phoned they said they don't have any information unless it's been 14 weeks and you are way past that by now. You will see in one of my earlier posts that I received a letter a month ago from the home office explaining they were working on cases received July 20th.
I have, several times. They told me to wait till the UKBA contacts me. :shock: I have a "great" phone bill for my sins. :x

shani US citizen
Newly Registered

waiting....

Post by shani US citizen » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:08 pm

I would be furious! I can't believe they tell you to just sit and wait and don't give you any information.

dtmbass
Newly Registered

Post by dtmbass » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:54 pm

Does anyone have any information about the effect of travelling on an emergency passport on an ILR Set(M) application? My wife (4 years in UK with me, passed Life In UK, no benefits, 1 child together, own home, me professional so should all by straightforward) is really desperate to visit her family with our son in South America over Christmas.

We applied mid-September (as soon as able), so timescales are starting to be a concern. It would be possible to obtain an emergency "single use" passport for her to travel home. I would travel out at some point in the New Year for a holiday with the passport. I don't think she would be averse to an extended winter break on the beach. The obvious point in all this is that we would not want to do anything which would endanger the ILR application.

shani US citizen
Newly Registered

traveling on an emergency passport

Post by shani US citizen » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:51 pm

dtmbass,

I was too in this same situation. I applied for ILR in August but did not realize the wait times were so long and I was due to travel to the US for a wedding in October. I phoned the US embassy in London and they basically told me that I might be eligible for an emergency passport to get to the US but it would be at the discretion of the immigration officer in the UK weather or not I'd be let back into England. I decided not to take the risk and canceled my trip. I'm still waiting on the ILR after 12 weeks now. Also, I was told by the home office that if I left the UK while my case was still being decided than my application would be considered withdrawn. There's really no clear cut answer but I think it's best to just wait until you receive the ILR before making any travel plans otherwise you could be risking your application. I tried to get my application expedited but from what I gather they only do this in extreme circumstances. Good luck!

Diva
Newly Registered

Post by Diva » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 am

My other half's ILR has been granted-it was stamped 2nd November.

We're happy :lol:

Bobby375
Newly Registered

Post by Bobby375 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:00 pm

I applied around the 10th of August and apart form the intial letter havent heard anything . Almost 3 months . So going on the average time it is taking hopefully will get word very soon .

Paulhino
Newly Registered

Post by Paulhino » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:10 pm

I got my passport back yesterday. 19weeks later. ILR stamped on Nov 3. I never thought it would take this long. At least I don't have to wait for another year to apply for naturalisation.

Good luck to all still waiting.

ibrahim100
Newly Registered

Post by ibrahim100 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Congratulations Paulhino

I nearly finshed 12 weeks, Do you think i should contact the HomeOffice or i give them more time?

ANY ONE KNOW?

Thank You

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:04 pm

Paulhino wrote:I got my passport back yesterday. 19weeks later. ILR stamped on Nov 3. I never thought it would take this long. At least I don't have to wait for another year to apply for naturalisation.

Congratulations! I remember your case, was something similar to mine *just different routes*. Had PEO, but downgraded to postal for further investigation..

19wks is a long long time, not very promising @ all, 19wks for me is end of the Year! lol

I will keep up the spirit though, 13wks on Monday i wld the waiting... I just gotta remain optimistic that I will get mine back end of the month and I will be able to go on holiday for christmas with the rest of the Family! lol... POSITIVE THINKING... lol

Paulhino
Newly Registered

Post by Paulhino » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:39 am

oluwa112 wrote:
Paulhino wrote:I got my passport back yesterday. 19weeks later. ILR stamped on Nov 3. I never thought it would take this long. At least I don't have to wait for another year to apply for naturalisation.

Congratulations! I remember your case, was something similar to mine *just different routes*. Had PEO, but downgraded to postal for further investigation..

19wks is a long long time, not very promising @ all, 19wks for me is end of the Year! lol

I will keep up the spirit though, 13wks on Monday i wld the waiting... I just gotta remain optimistic that I will get mine back end of the month and I will be able to go on holiday for christmas with the rest of the Family! lol... POSITIVE THINKING... lol
Thanks. Don't give up.

cass12
Newly Registered

Post by cass12 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:34 pm

It has now been 10 weeks with no word. Ugh.

Could someone who has received their ILR let me know if it came via regular post, or by a delivery service? Thanks.

peteribe
Newly Registered

waiting times

Post by peteribe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:01 pm

posted on the 21 august, received my passport back today the 14 Nov best of luck to all

shani US citizen
Newly Registered

Re: waiting times

Post by shani US citizen » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:58 pm

peteribe wrote:posted on the 21 august, received my passport back today the 14 Nov best of luck to all

How did you send your application? By post? Did you send it to Croydon? They received my application August 11th and I'm still waiting. I phoned today since it's been 14 weeks and they basically told me to wait up to the 6 month period. They are a useless at the home office.

RDB
Newly Registered

Post by RDB » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:30 pm

I has no idea it could take up to 6 months. What a shock.

Surely that would only be if its not straight forward?

What are they like about ringing them up to check you haventbeen forgotten about?

Will they tell the state of your application over the phone?

shani US citizen
Newly Registered

Post by shani US citizen » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:22 pm

RDB wrote:I has no idea it could take up to 6 months. What a shock.

What are they like about ringing them up to check you haventbeen forgotten about?

You'd think more straight forward applications would be decided quicker but it doesn't seem to be the case. They are horrible when you ring for information. I was told to wait 14 weeks before I could get any information and when I phoned them yesterday, 14 weeks later, they told me I just had to wait. Nice. They won't tell you anything unless it's been 14 weeks and all they can tell you is if your case is still being processed which is about all the information they gave me. You'd think after £820 they'd at least speed things up! I'm so angry over this entire process.

james120
Newly Registered

Post by james120 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:44 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... complaint/

I'd urge everyone to complain after they have got their passport back. It's the only way things might improve. The only reason they can get away with this ridiculous level of customer service is that people are so happy to finally get a result that they don't have the energy to complain about the delay.

Paulhino
Newly Registered

Post by Paulhino » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:51 am

shani US citizen wrote:
RDB wrote:I has no idea it could take up to 6 months. What a shock.

You'd think more straight forward applications would be decided quicker but it doesn't seem to be the case. They are horrible when you ring for information. I was told to wait 14 weeks before I could get any information and when I phoned them yesterday, 14 weeks later, they told me I just had to wait. Nice. They won't tell you anything unless it's been 14 weeks and all they can tell you is if your case is still being processed which is about all the information they gave me. You'd think after £820 they'd at least speed things up! I'm so angry over this entire process.
My advice is don't bother calling them. All I have is a hefty phone bill from my various attempts to contact them.

marty06
Newly Registered

Post by marty06 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:45 am

Hi - I agree with James: more needs to be done to complain about this problem. It's absolutely unfair to make us pay these huge chunks of money and then treat us like they do. No other company would get away with it: it's because they can hold over our heads the power to determine our futures. We should write to the Home Office, and also to local MPs, MEPs, Regional Assembly representatives etc. (If you are not a citizen with voting rights, might be best to get your partner/spouse/family member to write as they have to respond, in theory, to their constituents). Does anyone know if there is a campaigning group where we can co-ordinate such efforts more effectively?

cass12
Newly Registered

Post by cass12 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:16 pm

Can someone who has received their passport back with ILR let me know if it came via regular post, or did you have to sign for it? Thanks.

buzz_killington
Newly Registered

Post by buzz_killington » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:45 pm

Hi,

Guys, need an advice.

I sent my wife's application around two weeks ago. Obviously had to include my passport.
I've got a situation now and need my passport back before Wednesday next week.
Any point in contacting the HO for my passport? I would've thought it shouldn't affect my wife's application but would they return it right away?

The only other option I've got is to get a new passport which will cost me £130.

Any thoughts?

RDB
Newly Registered

Post by RDB » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:16 am

Bit worried!

Its been about a week and not even had a confirmation letter yet. I sent it all special delivery, who should I ring post office or home office first?

charliegal

Post by charliegal » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:45 pm

Did you have a tracking number? Check it on PO website if so, if not I would maybe ring PO to check it has been dispatched as you are more likely to get a response from them than HO!!

Update on my application, applied for SET M 16 weeks ago, got sent a letter asking for additonal documents 2 weeks ago. Received a sorry you were not in note yesterday and they rang today saying they will redeliver the item on monday!

Now I know the passport has been sent im even more nervous :( Im terrified the ILR wont have been granted; i dont think i can wait until monday! Fingers crossed its good news; will update on monday!

xxx

darsh
Newly Registered

unbelievable

Post by darsh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:02 am

hello guys believe me or not but,

sent my wife's set(M) by post sp delivery on 31st oct 2009,
they received on 2nd nov 2009,
money gone out on 10th nov 2009,
received all document including passport on 20th nov 2009,
date of issue on passport 17th nov 2009.

fantastic service :) :) :) :D

oluwa112

Re: unbelievable

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:28 am

darsh wrote:hello guys believe me or not but,

sent my wife's set(M) by post sp delivery on 31st oct 2009,
they received on 2nd nov 2009,
money gone out on 10th nov 2009,
received all document including passport on 20th nov 2009,
date of issue on passport 17th nov 2009.

fantastic service :) :) :) :D

Oh Wow!! 17 Days!! I think that is a new Record. That is even Less that the 20 working days on their website minimum...

Congratulations, and I guess what we the applicants might think is a straight forward application may not necessarily be teh case once UKBA grab a hold of your file!

I guess in your wife's case, its as straightforward as it gets...

Paulhino
Newly Registered

Post by Paulhino » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:50 am

buzz_killington wrote:Hi,

Guys, need an advice.

I sent my wife's application around two weeks ago. Obviously had to include my passport.
I've got a situation now and need my passport back before Wednesday next week.
Any point in contacting the HO for my passport? I would've thought it shouldn't affect my wife's application but would they return it right away?

The only other option I've got is to get a new passport which will cost me £130.

Any thoughts?

You can contact the UKBA and ask for your passport back if you are a UK passport holder.