ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 supporting documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drhopeful

Tier 2 supporting documents

Post by drhopeful » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Dear members,
I would appreciate, if any senior members could help me regarding this.
My previous tier 2 application was rejected on the basis of absence of logo on bank statements. Hence I am quite anxious to submit right documents this time.
My question is what are the documents I need to submit to claim points for attributes?
I have been emailed a scanned letter just mentioning my certificate of sponsorship reference number by my employer.
1.VFS helpline is asking me to submit evidence, original document containing certificate of sponsorship number mentioning my job title and payscale.
I understand no such document exists as it is generated online. What do I do now?
2How do I show evidence of my earnings?

On contacting my employer, they say, it is enough to mention the cos number as the cos contains all details. I will be issued job contract only after reaching UK.
I desperately want my application to be successful this time.

What do I do now? Kindly advice me if anyone has obtained tier 2 visa successfully and what were the documents expected?
Thanks in advance.
Bharathi

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:18 pm

If your company is saying what you have quoted then it may be the fact that they are willing to sponsor you the £800 maintenance requirement. I would check the application and if this is the case your Bank Statements do not need to be provided as the company will cover the full amount.

drhopeful

Attributes

Post by drhopeful » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:29 pm

No, my question is how do I show the documentary evidence of prospective earnings and evidence for sponsorship certificate. Do I need an original letter on letterhead by the employer?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:48 pm

The COS number is a Ref# for all of that information. Once the High Commission punch it into the system at their end they will see all of the details that have been input from your employer.

ON the application form you should have (Appendix 5) There should be boxes to insert the CoS. Do so here.

A offer letter from your employer wouldn’t hurt but as I mentioned before, the CoS does contain all of the relevant information.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:01 pm

The CoS provides you with most of the points you need but you do also have to prove you have some funds. You obviously showed copy statements or online statements last time, which the UK Visas website says are not acceptable. I would get your sponsor to check whether the CoS has now been "Used". Some halfwit Entry Clearance Officers are treating CoS as used just because you had some technical problem with your visa application. If they look in the system and it says the CoS is used then they need to issue a new one. Let's hope they have the allocation to do that.

Other than that you have to prove you have some funds. You do not have to prove potential earnings. They check your job code against their salary table and if you don't match up you get refused again. It's all a jolly merry-go-round. If your sponsor wants to check the salary against the code they need to check the Codes of Practice available on UKBA website here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... e/#header5

drhopeful

Post by drhopeful » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:43 am

Hi,Thanks for the reply. I used new cos this time and just making sure to provide as correct documents as possible.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 am

The Station Agent wrote:The CoS provides you with most of the points you need but you do also have to prove you have some funds. You obviously showed copy statements or online statements last time, which the UK Visas website says are not acceptable. I would get your sponsor to check whether the CoS has now been "Used". Some halfwit Entry Clearance Officers are treating CoS as used just because you had some technical problem with your visa application. If they look in the system and it says the CoS is used then they need to issue a new one. Let's hope they have the allocation to do that.

Other than that you have to prove you have some funds. You do not have to prove potential earnings. They check your job code against their salary table and if you don't match up you get refused again. It's all a jolly merry-go-round. If your sponsor wants to check the salary against the code they need to check the Codes of Practice available on UKBA website here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... e/#header5
The lastest version of the Appendix 5 Out of Country application from states:

"In order for the application to be approved you must have a minimum level of funds for which you score 10 points. If you do not score 10 points your application will be refused. You must have £800 available funds or a certification from your sponsor that, where necessary, he/she will provide maintenance and accommodation for you in the United Kingdom. You will also need £533 for each dependant accompanying you, or a maintenance certification from your sponsor."

If your sponsor provides information (Normally a headed letter) detailing that they will sponsor you the Required amount then you will not need to show any statements or prove that you have the funds.

drhopeful

Post by drhopeful » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:36 am

Many thanks!