ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hussaini
Newly Registered

Post by Hussaini » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:30 am

REVOLUTION wrote:good news ...any more updates on how long 4 passports
Hello All,

Submitted my wife's application on 7th August. Sent an email to visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk by providing GRY ref and app details (Pass#,DOB,name) and got reply as below

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we have processed your application in Abu Dhabi and you should hear from Gerry’s regarding the collection of your decision shortly.

Please do not contact Gerry’s directly about this as they will contact you when they have received your paperwork.

You can monitor the progress of your application by checking the Gerry's website at: www.ukvacpk.com.

Visa Correspondence Team

British Embassy, Abu Dhabi

Does anyone know how long you have to wait to be called by Gerry/Fedex?

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:14 am

HOW ACCURATE IS ONLINE STATUS i get this message

Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on

an thats it no more info ?

was794

Post by was794 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:32 am

Hussaini - your going to have to wait for at least a month from my experience. I applied in June and still waiting..... :)

REVOLUTION - It is very accurate.
"Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC on" means that the application is being processed. !!

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Hussaini wrote:
REVOLUTION wrote:good news ...any more updates on how long 4 passports
Hello All,

Submitted my wife's application on 7th August. Sent an email to visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk by providing GRY ref and app details (Pass#,DOB,name) and got reply as below

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we have processed your application in Abu Dhabi and you should hear from Gerry’s regarding the collection of your decision shortly.

Please do not contact Gerry’s directly about this as they will contact you when they have received your paperwork.

You can monitor the progress of your application by checking the Gerry's website at: www.ukvacpk.com.

Visa Correspondence Team

British Embassy, Abu Dhabi

Does anyone know how long you have to wait to be called by Gerry/Fedex?
2 -3 weeks brother, my son's application was processed in abu dhabi on 14th oct and our passport was ready to collect on 29th oct ...so u have u wait min 2 weeks ...best of luck

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:11 am

HI MY WIFE RANG ISLAMABAD AND THEY TOLD HER TO COLLECT PASSPORT....

KEEP U UPDATED...PS I HAVE HASTLED MY MP AGAIN TOOO

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:09 am

OoO yar 13th week start today so wht shud i do now? Where shud i send an email plz leme knw how to do inquiry
aik aik din Allah Allah kar kay guzara hay nw i need gud news :(
may Allah gve all of us our rights Aameen

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:17 am

hi revoloution

did the status change too?.....and what did u ask your MP to do, i contacted mine tis week, and his assistant said that there was nothing further that they could do.

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:17 am

HI STATUS HAS CHANGED...

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same

Speak to your MP direct and ask him to take it up with the HOME SECRATERY ALAN JOHNSON....do not let them fob you off..i rang them everyday..and saw my MP twice.... LIN HOMER is the Chief exec of UKBORDERS ..how she still has job is beyond me.

I told my MP i have paid for a service and UKBORDERS are not delivering as per thier charter. My MPs assistant emailed ISLAMABAD on my behalf.

I am a customer...and want a resolution. They are not doing us a favour..we pay for the visa application...

Just hoping it will be Ok is not the respnse ..if everyone kicked up a fuss then the ministers who make policy will realise just how messy the whole situation in PAKISTAN is....

Post by 2036789 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:27 am

REVOLUTION wrote:HI STATUS HAS CHANGED...

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same

Speak to your MP direct and ask him to take it up with the HOME SECRATERY ALAN JOHNSON....do not let them fob you off..i rang them everyday..and saw my MP twice.... LIN HOMER is the Chief exec of UKBORDERS ..how she still has job is beyond me.

I told her my MP i have paid for a service and UKBORDERS are not delivering as per thier charter. My MPs assistant emailed ISLAMABAD on my behalf.

I am a customer...and want a resolution. They are not doing us a favour..we pay for the visa application...

Just hoping it will be Ok is not the respnse ..if everyone kicked up a fuss then the ministers who make policy will realise just how messy the whole situation in PAKISTAN is....

i had some computer probs hence why i havent posted for a while but im still waiting its gonna be 22 weeks today for me, its just ridiculous.

REVOLUTION- congrats atleast someone is getting good news, 2 questions for u who were you ringing everyday and secondly how long were you waiting.

My MP is less helpful then others it seems, last week she told me "these things take time" which is very irritating I already know this ive come to her for help so that they speed up the process and all she can say is that..
I think 5 month is long enough and is taking the mick and and ppl who applied after me for settlement have had their passports back, I told other ppl's MP's are being more active by writing letters to bhc or the home secretary and she says all she can do at this stage is enquire, well then why is it that other ppls MP's can do more
MM

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:49 am

REVOLUTION wrote:HI STATUS HAS CHANGED...

I told my MP i have paid for a service and UKBORDERS are not delivering as per thier charter. My MPs assistant emailed ISLAMABAD on my behalf.

Hi when were u actually informed by ur mp that the visa had been granted?
Regards,

Baz

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:04 am

24th october.... 10 days ago !!! whilst i was pleased..i continued to ask them when is my wifes passport going to be released..!!!

was794

Post by was794 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:25 am

REVOLUTION - good news for you - im going to email my MP to chase up the emabassy!!!

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 am

REVOLUTION wrote:24th october.... 10 days ago !!! whilst i was pleased..i continued to ask them when is my wifes passport going to be released..!!!
sorry, i forgot to ask when did she apply?
Regards,

Baz

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:10 pm

applied 22nd june..recieved passport today.....!!

urge you all to get onto your mp...i have read some forums members are worried if they persue their case they will be put to the bottom of the pile. nonsense..

you have paid a fee..they have to deliver a service.

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:46 pm

hey revoloution

congrats....and well done.....your persistance paid off....I have contacted my MP today and asked him to complain on my behalf to the BHC, and that the service is unacceptable etc. lets hope they pull their weight...lazy so and so's

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:13 pm

Revolution - Congrats brother!

Which email address did your MP use to contact Islamabad on? I have just got my MP to email the UKHUB enquiries in ISB address and chase it up. Is there any specific contact address you would reccommend that I could advise my MP to get in touch with ?

Also where did you apply from?

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 pm

hi revoloution

did ur wife collect her passport, and what date was her visa stamped?

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:55 pm

hi revolution,

Didnt BHC ask your wife to renew her TB test?

What happened with that and what process did she follow?
Regards,

Baz

b92753

Post by b92753 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:48 pm

hi, My wifes passport was submitted in the mirpur office on the 7th of july and her passport has not returned as of yet. My Mp did an enquiry and has told me that her visa has been refued on the 12th october 2009.

I dont know the reason for refusal as of yet- as her paper work has not been returned.

Could you please tell me what is appeal process time period ?

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:54 pm

hi all yes she had to resubmit a tb test...and then wait...i got onto my mp and his assistant emailed islamabad...

they will know who is in charge over there..we applied in lahore...

whilst the end result is good they have put us through hell.

persue them everyday..they will soon get sick off it...my mps office knew me by heart...

they are playing with peoples lives and we cant let them get away with it

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:50 pm

REVOLUTION wrote:hi all yes she had to resubmit a tb test...and then wait...i got onto my mp and his assistant emailed islamabad...

they will know who is in charge over there..we applied in lahore...

whilst the end result is good they have put us through hell.

persue them everyday..they will soon get sick off it...my mps office knew me by heart...

they are playing with peoples lives and we cant let them get away with it
Hi revolution,

sorry, i forgot to say congrats that ur wife is finally picking up her passport.

But can you please tell me what procedure BHC advised ur wife to follow about the TB test. My wifes TB test has expired so i think she will have to follow the same.

You previously advised they gave her some pin numbers to quote.
Any information will be helpful.
Regards,

Baz

ukusman

settlement visa

Post by ukusman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:33 pm

Hi there,

I want to call my wife over from pakistan, but just require some advise.

I have been employed 4 years in a part time job (Not able to work full time currently due to an undiagnosed muscle condition) So more than likely i will be working
14 hours a week for the next few years. On top of my part time salary i own a property which is mortgage free that was given to me by my father as a gift from which i receive rental income. Please see as follow : -

My weekly earnings after tax are £113 pounds making it a monthly income of £452.
Monthly Rental income (tennant has signed a 12 month agreement on 1st of November 2009) £385
Therefore my month income is £837
I Also have £5000 pound savings. All the rental income i receive from the property is saved. And i use 50£ from my salary for my living costs a week.
I also have £1000 pound saved up from my wage in another account.

The 385 pounds monthly rent is deposited in my savings account every month. And i take money out of it for house maintenance and for any insurance payments etc.

When my wife comes over we will be living with my father and mother who also own their own property which is mortgage free. They will allow us to live rent free for as long as we wish.

Do you think i have sufficient finances to support my wifes application ? I dont want to apply and money go a waste.
Also before submitted the rental agreement should i get that attested from a solicitor ?

please advise
Best wishes

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:40 pm

bazzy

bhc will contact yourselves to say tb test has expired and give you a pin number to quote when you go for new test

take copies of your passport and two photos and pak id card..once you get test cert..you av to post it to islamabad !!

long winded and another money making scheme...but its thier rules so we have to play ball...

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 pm

REVOLUTION wrote:bazzy

bhc will contact yourselves to say tb test has expired and give you a pin number to quote when you go for new test

take copies of your passport and two photos and pak id card..once you get test cert..you av to post it to islamabad !!

long winded and another money making scheme...but its thier rules so we have to play ball...
Congrats REVOLUTION!! Glad to hear the good news. Best wishes for you n your wife.

Regards,

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 am

thanks TOPGUN..
isnt it a shame we find ourselves in this predicament..

Even though this process is over for me..i will still put a letter in to UKBORDERS....

Too many of us let them get away with this rubbish..

I prepared my documents myself and knew there was no way they could refuse the application. Yet they still delayed it..claiming further checks were being made !!

Hope fully more of you guys will get good news...but keep pushin your local MPs....