ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many photos?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

1400 Years

How many photos?

Post by 1400 Years » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:55 am

Applying for extension for four dependants as well as myself simultaneously from the UK.

Must I include two photographs of myself (main applicant) with each of my dependants'?

In other words, would I need to submit 10 photos of myself?? (2 + 2 x 4)

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: How many photos?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am

1400 Years wrote:Applying for extension for four dependants as well as myself simultaneously from the UK.

Must I include two photographs of myself (main applicant) with each of my dependants'?

YES 2+2+2+2+2 = ((2+(4x2))

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:10 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
1400 Years wrote:Applying for extension for four dependants as well as myself simultaneously from the UK.

YES 2+2+2+2+2 = ((2+(4x2))
Thanks for the reply.

1. Would you please be able to send me the link to which forms must be used in order to make the application for self and dependants - been in the UK on the HSMP since December 2007 and looking for extension in the Tier 1 PBS category?

2. I looked at the PBS (D) form. It also asks for photos; so should I attach another two for the each of the dependants on their respective forms? Or would the ones attached with the main applicant's be enough?

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:09 am

I think 1400's main question is whether to include other sets of two photos for each dependant for which I do not know the answer. So, in his case he would include:

- 2 photos of himself (assuming a he) for his form
- 2 photos of himself + 2 photos of the 1st dependant for the 1st dependant's form
- 2 photos of himself + 2 photos of the 2nd dependant for the 2nd dependant's form
- 2 photos of himself + 2 photos of the 3rd dependant for the 3rd dependant's form
- 2 photos of himself + 2 photos of the 4th dependant for the 4th dependant's form

which in total will be 10 photos of himself and 8 photos for all the dependants.

From a common sense point of view I would think, it should be only 2 photos for his main form. But the rules are not always within the common sense. Say, if they are filing every person differently they may want to hold the main applicant's picture on each file.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:17 am

1400 Years wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

1. Would you please be able to send me the link to which forms must be used in order to make the application for self and dependants - been in the UK on the HSMP since December 2007 and looking for extension in the Tier 1 PBS category?
Main Applicant Form:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... l-form.pdf

Dependents Form:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... cation.pdf
2. I looked at the PBS (D) form. It also asks for photos; so should I attach another two for the each of the dependants on their respective forms? Or would the ones attached with the main applicant's be enough?
Read this on Page10 on Main applicant..

2 photos of urs and 2 each of ur dependents are enough to be attached with ur application IF you are all applying together...

Photographs
You must provide two identical photographs of yourself with your full name on the back of each
one. Please place the photographs in a small sealed envelope, together with those of any
dependants included in section F, and attach it across this space with a staple or paper clip at the
right-hand side of the page/envelope.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:59 pm

great; thanks.

one more thing, out of curiosity: if / when they reject the application on the basis of invalid photographs, do they ask the applicant to send in new photos or do they reject the application in its entirety?

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi 1400,

In most cases they reject the application and refund the fees and then you are supposed to apply again with any new evidence that might be required depending on when you re-apply.

Some lucky people realise they have made a mistake and usher in a quick replacement of photos, before the application is processed, and that has worked in the past.

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:23 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi 1400,

In most cases they reject the application and refund the fees and then you are supposed to apply again with any new evidence that might be required depending on when you re-apply.

Some lucky people realise they have made a mistake and usher in a quick replacement of photos, before the application is processed, and that has worked in the past.

Regards
loved your reply!

would you believe it?

been to three different photographers, and as my luck would have it, every time the photographs have come out doubtful. and then with the third, he printed my pictures four different times, and every time things went wrong - shadows, shades, or shakes! now the fourth time he printed, the gray background's turned out to be white!

and no this not any tom dick or harry photographers i have been going to. genuine, proper companies!

hope you appreciate my predicament on such a small issue as photographs in this day and age! :-P