ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Totally Confused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

delboyt46
Newly Registered

Totally Confused

Post by delboyt46 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:55 am

Hi,

My husband and I are British Citizens.My mother is visiting us from Russia (she is a Russian citizen).

Is she eligible for an EEA stamp stating she is a family member of an EEA member.If she can get it she would be entitled to visit other EEA countries with us.

Can she apply in the UK or can she apply elsewhere?

Any help appreciated.

John

Post by John » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:07 am

You are living in the UK thanks to UK law. That is, you are not living in the UK thanks to EU or EEA Treaty Rights. Accordingly, irrespective of the factor mentioned below, there is no possibility of your mother getting an EEA Family Permit. She will need to apply for a visitor visa using UK immigration law.

Even if you were in the UK exercising Treaty Rights, your mother would still not qualify for an EEA Family Permit unless she is dependent upon you.

She also wants to visit other European countries? In that case, as well as applying for a UK visitor visa, before leaving Russia she will also need to apply for a Schengen visa, from the embassy of the country that is going to be her main European destination.
John

delboyt46
Newly Registered

Post by delboyt46 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:24 am

Thanks John,understand totally now.

Very precise and to the point reply.Thank you.