ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:43 pm

hi yes thank you....got the passport shud be over in couple of weeks...

the rest of the gang...keep pushin dont accept no for an answer

TQ
Newly Registered

Post by TQ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:47 am

Hi all,

After emailing all the ususal addresses to try and get an update on my wife's settlement application, i contacted visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk (knowing they don't process settlement applications there) and received the following reply:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email. This type of application is lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application has been processed.

Please do not contact Gerry’s directly about this as they will contact you when your paperwork is ready for collection.

Please forward any future settlement enquiries to ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk.

Visa Correspondence Team
British Embassy, Abu Dhabi

Does anyone know whether this is just a standard reply or whether it actually holds some substance?

I'd appreciate any guidance - thanks.

RaniG

Post by RaniG » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:34 am

^I received the same reply anyone know what this means(has everything been done on the application) and how long from now?

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:50 am

Hi

I think this is a generic reply they have sent like all the others they send. However they may have checked your application status before sending this reply.

So atleast you know they have made a decision, however they will never catch up with this backlog.

May Allah SWT do best
Regards,

Baz

TQ
Newly Registered

Post by TQ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks Bazzy_1.

It does seem to me to be a generic response but you just never know with them. My slight glimmer of hope has now become subdued :(

It'll happen when Allah wants it to happen - i hope it's very soon inshallah as i'm flying out there midweek and want to return with my wife.

b92753

Post by b92753 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:45 pm

my wifes visa was refused last month and the passport still has not returned. Application was submited on 7th of july and was refused on 12th october. So has been a month since the application was refused.

VASEY

visa refusal

Post by VASEY » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Hi b92753

sorry to hear about that, what was their reasons for refusal.

VASEY

spouse visa

Post by VASEY » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi
everybody as most of you have been through this, its my time to be getting stressed - application time

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK PLEASE.

My wifes visa application is being submitted in a day. She has got all her documents, translated nikka and her TB test. photos, wedding invitations.

as her sponsor i have enclosed the follwing documents;
1.Sponsor letter,
2.Sponsor declaration.
3.Bank Statements from January- Oct of my savings account which has 9k
4.Bank statements from January- Oct of my current account with nil balance
5.Wage slips from January- Oct ( four weekly)
6.Letter from my employer on about 20k but this will increased as legal professional.
7.Accommodation report confirming house suitable and not overcrowded,
8.as i will be living with my parents, a letter from them saying that i can stay there. i also included their annual mortgage statement and a recent bank statement showing latest mortgage deposit didnt include title deeds)
9. certificates of qualifications
10. certified copies of passport
11. wedding photos
12.exit entry stamps of last 2 visits to pak highlighting first meeting with spouse.
13.calling cards

is there anything i should have included, have i missed anything. what are the chances (people said house deeds some people say you dont have to)

your comments will be appreciated

b92753

Post by b92753 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi Vasey,

your documents seem fine. But i would definatly recomend you get the paper work checked by a legal professional as its better to be safe than sorry.

My MP got the decision for me, i dont have the paper work back as of yet therefore dont know the refusal reason.

thanks

TQ
Newly Registered

Post by TQ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi Vasey,↲↲I think you've got it all covered,not sure if there is a need for your qualifications though.↲↲I got all my documents checked by a mate who works for the IAS (Immigration Advisory Service) and he only included 3 months wage slips and bank statements and a P60,which i've noticed you've not included. If you have one,do include it.↲↲Where is your wife submitting her application from?

VASEY

spouse visa

Post by VASEY » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:29 pm

Hi thanks guys,

she is submitting it in Mirpur, and i did include a P60 forgot it, so you don;t think house deeds important??/

bazzy_1

Re: spouse visa

Post by bazzy_1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:39 pm

VASEY wrote:Hi thanks guys,

she is submitting it in Mirpur, and i did include a P60 forgot it, so you don;t think house deeds important??/
Hi Vasey,

I think you might be ok with the mortgage statements, but don't take my word for it. My parents house is freehold hence the reason why we included the title deeds.
Regards,

Baz

iffy
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa

Post by iffy » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:45 pm

After emailing to visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk and received that reply:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email. This type of application is lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application has been processed.

Please do not contact Gerry’s directly about this as they will contact you when your paperwork is ready for collection.

Please forward any future settlement enquiries to ukhub.pakistangeneralenquiries@fco.gov.uk.

Visa Correspondence Team

British Embassy, Abu Dhabi

Can anyone here tell me what does it means?

Application Submitted: 24th June 2009
Visa Application Centre: Islamabad

It's been over 4 months now, still got nothing from F******* Gerry's...
Can anyone here help me, who applied on or by the same date and got reply from F**** Gerry's.
Please anyone here help me out...It's beeon over 1 year now i didn't see my wife.......

TQ
Newly Registered

Post by TQ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:47 pm

Vasey - my mate at the IAS told me to include the title deeds to my property as well as a mortgage statement simply on the basis that when they assess the application, they have everything in front of them.

It is relatively simple to get hold of - you can print them from the land registry website for a couple of quid - if you have time, just include it - it won't work against you. If you don't have time, don't worry about it.

TQ
Newly Registered

Post by TQ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:30 pm

Hi Iffy,

You got the same response as me and RaniG and i'm certain that it's just a generic response to fobb people off. Why else would they say don't contact Gerry's and send any further queries to the other email address, where if you try (like i have) you'll just get another generic response.

If you look at Revolution's posts and what he did (went through his MP) i think it's something you should consider. Seems like the only way to get a response is to kick up a fuss through your MP.

a1
Newly Registered

Post by a1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:46 pm

hi every one ,i am just in ,i hope every one got good news

was794

Post by was794 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:50 pm

iffy - My wife applied in June for a spouse Visa - im in the same boat as you, still waiting!!
The email you recieved means your application has been processed (probably been approved so congratulations!!) but you still have to wait for Gerry's to call you to collect the passport.
Happy waiting lad....

TQ
Newly Registered

Post by TQ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi Was794,

I'm assuming you received the same email as myself and Iffy?

If so, when did you receive it and how long have you been waiting since????

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:20 pm

My wife received the same email last week

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi ALL

my wife applied 22nd June..within 4 weeks i went to my MPs office and kickd up a fuss..

10 weeks of ringing visiting..complaining...

All my documents were correct and thats why i was frustrated....

saika
Newly Registered

Post by saika » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:32 pm

REVOLUTION wrote:Hi ALL

my wife applied 22nd June..within 4 weeks i went to my MPs office and kickd up a fuss..

10 weeks of ringing visiting..complaining...

All my documents were correct and thats why i was frustrated....
hai brother revolution

when your wife is coming over to england ??

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:15 am

Hello Saika

whould you please tell me which Airline ur husband use for come to Birmingham? and where he will travel from Lahore or Islamabad.

Tasawar

was794

Post by was794 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:29 am

TQ - ive not recieved any emails from them - my mp chased them up and told me the good news of the visa being approved.

Its a good job my wife is not me was up all night on COD modern warfare 2 !!! i need to grow up man....

TQ
Newly Registered

Post by TQ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:50 am

LOL - That's quality Was494!! Make the most of it mate cos when your mrs is here don't think she'll be impressed :-)

Shakiya
Newly Registered

Post by Shakiya » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:13 am

Hi Revolution - How long idid it take your MP to get the info that your Mrs. visa was approved.

I applied for my husbands' visa on 30/06/2009 at Islamabad, still no news. I have been to see my MP and its nearly been 3 weeks since. Still no response. I feel so helpless. However UKHUB did send me an email stating that a decision has been make this was dated 23/10/2009.

Any advice from any what course of action i should take next?

Its a long and painful wait.