ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal pending ..make a tier 2 applicaiton in the interim?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

promise44
Newly Registered

appeal pending ..make a tier 2 applicaiton in the interim?

Post by promise44 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:51 am

Hello again,
Thank you for any advice you could offer. I am currently awaiting the outcome of my appeal, after I was refused the PSW visa (transitional from IGS) because of a drop in maintenance of funds. The pending appeal is now in its 5th month however I do believe that the end is in sight because the paper appeal is now with a judge, but you could never tell with HO/AIT. In the meantime, my employer has applied for and was granted a sponsorship licence and yesterday I was granted the certificate of sponsorship number. My questions are...

1. Is it better to apply for the tier 2 visa in the UK. Am I even allowed to apply for the tier 2 visa because the appeal is still pending? Would this be wise?

2. Would it be better to go back to my home country to apply since the appeal is still pending. This is tricky as I am working for my employer and it would be really bad to leave for an extended period.

3. Are there any other options that I am not aware of?

Thank you for your replies.

drhopeful

My experience

Post by drhopeful » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:17 am

Hi, I recently applied for tier 2 visa, from India, while my tier 2 visa admn review was in progress. A few days later, I was given a telephone call from British High commission, that my admn review is successful and hence I need to withdraw my new appln. (with refunds). Hope this helps.

promise44
Newly Registered

Post by promise44 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Still not sure how to process, but well done you for getting thru with your admin review. God bless