ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLZ HELP....Unmarried partner of PR holder with student visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

matinuk2
- thin ice -

PLZ HELP....Unmarried partner of PR holder with student visa

Post by matinuk2 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:46 am

Hi everyone
i am a PR holder since may2009 according EU directory from my previous marriage and then separation from my ex EU wife, although i'm still waiting for my confirmation from HO.
i've been with my current partner for the past 4 years and she was refused her tier4 visa on some stupid reason from HO (after 4 successful student visa since 2005) and they allowed her an appeal, i was wonder shall we let the HO or court of appeal know that we are partner and been living together for the past 4 years?and she is entitled to stay here with me?
we never applied for her as my dependent as she wants to stay here with her own right until we set a date to marry.
my solicitor told me he can apply for her PR base on my PR on a same day application as soon as i receive mine but i'm still waiting for my confirmation, can we apply for her as my dependent if her tier4 visa appeal was rejected by the end of this month?

i will appreciate any advice

Thanks

aceadl
Newly Registered

Re: PLZ HELP....Unmarried partner of PR holder with student

Post by aceadl » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:35 pm

matinuk2 wrote:Hi everyone
i am a PR holder since may2009 according EU directory from my previous marriage and then separation from my ex EU wife, although i'm still waiting for my confirmation from HO.
i've been with my current partner for the past 4 years and she was refused her tier4 visa on some stupid reason from HO (after 4 successful student visa since 2005) and they allowed her an appeal, i was wonder shall we let the HO or court of appeal know that we are partner and been living together for the past 4 years?and she is entitled to stay here with me?
we never applied for her as my dependent as she wants to stay here with her own right until we set a date to marry.
my solicitor told me he can apply for her PR base on my PR on a same day application as soon as i receive mine but i'm still waiting for my confirmation, can we apply for her as my dependent if her tier4 visa appeal was rejected by the end of this month?

i will appreciate any advice

Thanks
Hello mate, just some questions. were u given residence permit in 2004 ? When did u divorce ? Did u ever live with ur ex wife for 3 yrs b4 divorce? Did u start living with ur new partner a year or two after ur marriage to an eea national? Tread carefully.