ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current IT market in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

divasmmmm
Newly Registered

Current IT market in UK

Post by divasmmmm » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi All,
I am in the process of applying for HSMP TIER 1 GENERAL permit. I am very much confused about the market trend in UK as far as IT sector is concerned. I am 5+ yrs experienced QA/SOFTWARE TEST/AUTOMATION ENGINEER.

Im trying to initiate my process by Feb-10 which means if everything goes fine I can travel by APR/MAY-10.

My serious concern is whether the market has openings to sustain new entrants as the jobless rate(2009) is high now in UK. How is the recovery in UK now and how can it be projected for next 6 months i.e till APR-10.

I am not able to decide whether to process UK HSMP or to go for USA H1B.

Please help me in this issue as lot of engineers planning for overseas career are in dilemma like me!
Please help us if we can risk our current job in this recession period.

Appreciate kind responses from UK experienced engineers!

Also, People who went to UK after Sep-09.....please post your experiences!

Thanks.
Pavan

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Pavan,
regardless of rumors that recession is biting the UK and the world, there are jobs available. All that is needed is hard work and experience and you should be ok.

the economy has got nothing to do with IT market and its still blooming.

you will be fine.

meats
BANNED

Re: Current IT market in UK

Post by meats » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:33 pm

divasmmmm wrote:
I am not able to decide whether to process UK HSMP or to go for USA H1B.
If you check the news today then you'd see that unemployment in the States has just breached 10%.

Rather ironically the UK IT market is being outsourced more and more to India.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:58 pm

innocentdevil wrote: the economy has got nothing to do with IT market and its still blooming.
I would not agree completely with this statement. Had it not been economic crisis, UK based companies wouldn't have started laying people off or started looking for cheaper outsourcing options.

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:34 pm

chetanojha wrote:
innocentdevil wrote: the economy has got nothing to do with IT market and its still blooming.
I would not agree completely with this statement. Had it not been economic crisis, UK based companies wouldn't have started laying people off or started looking for cheaper outsourcing options.
I agree with Chetan, it's still a way to go for British firms to come out of complete recession. Just read article in bbc on RBS posting loses. Though I would still say market is on way towards recovery.

johnsienk
BANNED

Post by johnsienk » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:45 pm

<original post deleted>
Last edited by johnsienk on Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

durak
Newly Registered

Post by durak » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:53 pm

November to Jan/Feb is dead for hiring.

So a feel for what's going on in the market won't be until mid/late Feb.

With 5 years experience you will struggle to get a contract role.

divasmmmm
Newly Registered

Post by divasmmmm » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your responses. All your suggestions are very valuable.
Does it mean that in the current situation, would it not be viable to enter UK by Jun\Jul-2010?

I am hopeful as any other job seeker! but without any taste of current bitter situation out there!

I saw news about Europe markets picking up but UK still not!

Can anyone suggest the best online UK job portal so that we can analyse the current job market and trend for QA/TESTING.

Thanks!

push

Post by push » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:00 pm

innocentdevil wrote:the economy has got nothing to do with IT market and its still blooming
I can not afford to be judgmental on how the economy is doing or how good/bad it will be in 6 months from now but I definitely do not understand the above statement.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer