ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY WHY THE DELAY ??????

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kcbrown
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY WHY THE DELAY ??????

Post by kcbrown » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:26 pm

WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS WHY THE DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF THE EEA FAMILY PERMIT??? AND SECONDLY WHY IS THE UK TRYING TO ISOLATE THEM SELF FROM THE REST OF THE ÉU NATIONS?
WE ALL SITT AND WRITE ALL DAY ABOUT THE ISSUES WE FACE, AND HARDSHIP SOME OF FACE JUST BECAUSE OUR LOVE ONES ARE PLANNING TO VISIT US IN THE UK. I MUST SAY THAT THIS ATITUDE DOES NOT KEEP US SAFE NITHER DOES IT HELP IN OUR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD.
1. WHEN SOMEONE APPLYS FOR A EEA PERMIT ACCORDING TO LAW SHOULD BE ISSUED AS FAST AS POSSIBLE IF THEY ARE MARRIED, BUT QUESTION IS WHY THE LONG PERIOD OF WAITING NO COMMUNICATION FOR WEEKS IN THE SAME EU NATION??????? JESUS I DONT THINK THAT ANY ONE NATION CAN STAND ALONE!! ,
2. THEY SHOULD TAKE OUT TIME CONTACT THE PEOPLE INVOLED TELL THEM ABOUT THEIR SITUATION AND KEEP THEM INVOLED....... SEEE TO BE FRANK THEY NEED TO CHANGE THE WAY THEY TREAT OTHER HUMANS, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

Tiny
Newly Registered

Post by Tiny » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Where are you applying from and how long has it taken so far?

kcbrown
Newly Registered

Post by kcbrown » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:49 pm

Tiny wrote:Where are you applying from and how long has it taken so far?
IT WAS MADE IN SWEDEN AND GOD IS GOING TO A MONTH. THAT IS VERY NOT LIKE UK.... ,THEY SHOULD CHANGE THEIR POLICES AND WAY THEY THINK BELIEVE ME.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Incompetent staff

Post by MAKUSA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:18 pm

kcbrown wrote:
Tiny wrote:Where are you applying from and how long has it taken so far?
IT WAS MADE IN SWEDEN AND GOD IS GOING TO A MONTH. THAT IS VERY NOT LIKE UK.... ,THEY SHOULD CHANGE THEIR POLICES AND WAY THEY THINK BELIEVE ME.
Incompetent staff coupled with an incompetent System.

kcbrown
Newly Registered

Re: Incompetent staff

Post by kcbrown » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Incompetent staff coupled with an incompetent System.
i guss that is wtat it is, the delay is not worth it.

kcbrown
Newly Registered

Re: Incompetent staff

Post by kcbrown » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:36 am

i guss that is wtat it is, the delay is not worth it.[/quote]

can any one tell me why they have to spend one month to processs in side Eu pls i need to know thanks , and why do they keep people in the no contact no infor. what so ever.?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA FAMILY WHY THE DELAY ??????

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:58 am

kcbrown wrote:JESUS I DONT THINK THAT ANY ONE NATION CAN STAND ALONE!!
We did in 1939 - cue stirring patriotic music.....

I guess the reason for the delay is simple, with so many people seeking to enter the UK both legally and illegally, it costs a lot to police it, so anything that is done for 'free' is pushed to the back of the queue, as in any business, ie EEA2 apps.

I blame the UK plc for turning immigration into a profit centre, but ultimately the blame must lie at the feet of the abusers and bogus asylum seekers, otherwise we might have free visas under the UK immigration route to as we did not that long ago....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Tiny
Newly Registered

Post by Tiny » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:20 pm

I couldn't agree more, Wanderer!

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:00 am

IT WAS MADE IN SWEDEN AND GOD IS GOING TO A MONTH.
I went to the British embassy in Oslo,and submitted all documents to apply for the EEA FP on the 6th of November. All visa applications to the embassy in Oslo are sent to the one in Stockholm to be inspected.

An embassy staff in Stockholm called me to ask about a couple of questions yesterday,and I heard I'd get the result in a couple of days, but I'm worried if it takes such a long time for the process...

deon
Newly Registered

Post by deon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:58 am

kcbrown wrote:WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS WHY THE DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF THE EEA FAMILY PERMIT??? AND SECONDLY WHY IS THE UK TRYING TO ISOLATE THEM SELF FROM THE REST OF THE ÉU NATIONS?
WE ALL SITT AND WRITE ALL DAY ABOUT THE ISSUES WE FACE, AND HARDSHIP SOME OF FACE JUST BECAUSE OUR LOVE ONES ARE PLANNING TO VISIT US IN THE UK. I MUST SAY THAT THIS ATITUDE DOES NOT KEEP US SAFE NITHER DOES IT HELP IN OUR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD.
1. WHEN SOMEONE APPLYS FOR A EEA PERMIT ACCORDING TO LAW SHOULD BE ISSUED AS FAST AS POSSIBLE IF THEY ARE MARRIED, BUT QUESTION IS WHY THE LONG PERIOD OF WAITING NO COMMUNICATION FOR WEEKS IN THE SAME EU NATION??????? JESUS I DONT THINK THAT ANY ONE NATION CAN STAND ALONE!! ,
2. THEY SHOULD TAKE OUT TIME CONTACT THE PEOPLE INVOLED TELL THEM ABOUT THEIR SITUATION AND KEEP THEM INVOLED....... SEEE TO BE FRANK THEY NEED TO CHANGE THE WAY THEY TREAT OTHER HUMANS, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.
Hello mate!!! I applied in South Africa and i thought i was going to wait for ages for my EEA famil permit. I received it within one week!!!! I was gobsmacked!!! Me and my eu partner applied here in the uk 4 eea1 and eea2 visas in Nov and we still havent received them back!! no comments!!! :evil:

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:52 am

deon wrote:Hello mate!!! I applied in South Africa and i thought i was going to wait for ages for my EEA famil permit. I received it within one week!!!! I was gobsmacked!!! Me and my eu partner applied here in the uk 4 eea1 and eea2 visas in Nov and we still havent received them back!! no comments!!! :evil:
Are you unmarried partner of spouse of EU national?

What are your relationships circumstances?

Sorry to hijack thread, just want to get an idea of what made it so fast for you.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:07 pm

deon wrote:Hello mate!!! I applied in South Africa and i thought i was going to wait for ages for my EEA famil permit. I received it within one week!!!! I was gobsmacked!!! Me and my eu partner applied here in the uk 4 eea1 and eea2 visas in Nov and we still havent received them back!! no comments!!! :evil:
I applied for the EEA FP from Ireland as the unmarried partner of a Dutch national back in June and it took one week to receive the EEA FP.

Now, the EEA2 is a different story all together. It took 3.5 weeks just to receive my COA, and even though I sent a letter with a paid for special delivery envelope to have my partner's passport return immediately, I had to ring them and have an urgent notice put through.

The UK and Ireland are awful when it comes to issuing visas to EU family members. I waited the full 6 months in Ireland. It's a shame. It many of the other EEA nations, the visa is issued within 3-4 weeks and there is no application prior to entry, like in the UK. We nearly moved to the Netherlands where it takes 2-4 weeks on average, and they do see quite a bit of immigration and asylum seekers too.

I don't think it's that difficult, especially since you go through a preliminary check before coming into the country. If they issue the initial EEA FP, then the only thing they should really need to check once you're here is that the EEA national is exercising treaty rights, which shouldn't be too difficult.

Sorry, for the additional rant. There really isn't a point as things aren't going to change. I'm not sure why things are taking so long from Sweden. That seems a bit absurd.

deon
Newly Registered

Post by deon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:29 am

Monifé wrote:
Are you unmarried partner of spouse of EU national?

What are your relationships circumstances?

Sorry to hijack thread, just want to get an idea of what made it so fast for you.
We got married in SA. I suppose not many people are going to UK any more. Dont know!!!!