ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home Office sets out new rules for migrants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eskay_s

Home Office sets out new rules for migrants

Post by eskay_s » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:36 am

Seniors,

Any effect on Tier 1 seekers with below mentioned new rules?

[url]http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... r-migrants[/url]

what will be the new rules for tier1

npanglia

Re: Home Office sets out new rules for migrants

Post by npanglia » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:40 am

eskay_s wrote:what will be the new rules for tier1
This is certainly going to highly impact Tier 2 Visa. Not sure about the changes it will draw to Tier 1 general Visa

durak
Newly Registered

Post by durak » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:06 am

The full doco bill is here.

Legal Jargon though.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... draft-bil/

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:18 pm

uh, I think it applies to everyone, not just Tier 2 people. From what I gather, we will at some point, have to take our visas and passport to prove we all have permission to be here and they will grant that.
Andy

push

Post by push » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:33 pm

GSOtodd wrote:uh, I think it applies to everyone, not just Tier 2 people. From what I gather, we will at some point, have to take our visas and passport to prove we all have permission to be here and they will grant that.
It is not important as to how HO chooses to call leave to remain/enter etc., more important is the operative part as to how it is granted for which the applicants need to see requirements for their respective categories.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push

Post by push » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:56 pm

The draft document says that the Permission to Enter/ Remain:[quote]Sets out the basic building blocks of the new system. “Permissionâ€
regards,
push

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:36 pm

more important is the operative part as to how it is granted for which the applicants need to see requirements for their respective categories.

We know how we are allowed to enter, either by Tier 1 or Tier 2 and we know the conditions to how we enter. We also know how to extend our visa. I'm confused as to what this means. Are they doing away with the points system and replacing it YET AGAIN. Am I going to have to give up my leave to remain? What does it mean?
Andy

divasmmmm
Newly Registered

Post by divasmmmm » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:49 pm

IMO the proposed set of rules applies to only new entrants. But the rules to get extension/ILR will become strict against contributing to economy and criminal background during the stay in UK; as per the Prime Minister's speech!

Also the intention is to raise the Funds/Taxes to be paid by migrants! .......hmm....yet another whole set of new rules.....what not?

They have removed lot of categories from TIER2...meaning the entry is getting tougher day by day.....

Also...the job portals/agencies now have to post ANY vacancy first to UK CITIZENS for 4 weeks (agains 2 weeks now!) before going for migrants!

Student visas will be rejected for SHORT TERM courses; those without DEGREE will be rejected a student visa! they will encourage Master's/Phd's contributing to research.

Oh my god...still lot of rules......

GSOtodd

Post by GSOtodd » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:59 pm

So, a person has to meet the criteria upon extension of Tier 2 at the time of extension? Oh well, at least I'll be ready for ILR by December 2010 or June 2011 at the very latest. I'm also glad that advertising upon extending work permits won't be required. That would be a pain for employers.
Andy

push

Post by push » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:14 am

GSOtodd wrote: Are they doing away with the points system and replacing it YET AGAIN.
No they are not. Your leave to remain will be known as Permission to be in UK; Similarly for a new applicant, the leave granted will be known as Permission to be in UK. As I said, this new naming convention does not seem to impact tier-1/2 generally with regards to the entry/extension requirements which as governed by the separate rules framed in conformance of this act.
regards,
push

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:43 am

This government has gone crazy (with such a poor planning exibition, I wonder how British manage to rule the half world)... after numerous recent changes there is still a room for this new immigration bill...... I was wondering who the government was going to merge PBS with old immigration law. I was still trying to get use to with that last change and it was hardly fully implemented and here we have the latest stunt of this government.

I opened this new bill which is nearly 400 pages long but could not dare to read more than first few pages.... I think one needs loads and loads of study to understand this new bill.... That is why it is hard to see comments by any seniour members even after 2-3 days of passing of this bill... i think people are simply speechless at the moment....

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:55 am

rizwan567 wrote:This government has gone crazy (with such a poor planning exibition, I wonder how British manage to rule the half world)... after numerous recent changes there is still a room for this new immigration bill...... I was wondering who the government was going to merge PBS with old immigration law. I was still trying to get use to with that last change and it was hardly fully implemented and here we have the latest stunt of this government.

I opened this new bill which is nearly 400 pages long but could not dare to read more than first few pages.... I think one needs loads and loads of study to understand this new bill.... That is why it is hard to see comments by any seniour members even after 2-3 days of passing of this bill... i think people are simply speechless at the moment....
what i think is, this is nothing but an ELECTION eye wash!!. gordon brown is trying to say he is tough on immigration to get vote from young british people. and i dont see any significant change in this bil. they are calling leave to remain or enter as "permission" . this is funnnyyyyyyyyy! this is nothing but playing with words trying to make fool of british people to get votes.. i think there is nothing to worry atleast for TIER-1 there seems to be no change only change it may happen is for TIER-2. lets see how it goess....

T90

Post by T90 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:57 pm

as per the first link
Under measures in the draft Immigration Bill, the five current application categories available to migrants will be replaced by one clear concept - 'permission' to be in the United Kingdom.
so all the tier1/2 will go void!!!
With this new approach, migrants will either be granted permission or refused, making the rules easier for applicants and staff. Those in the United Kingdom must gain permission or face removal for breaking the law.
so it applies to all whoever is present in UK? (except permanent residents)