ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year ban - Employer verification failed ..Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

carlmax2009
Newly Registered

10 year ban - Employer verification failed ..Please help

Post by carlmax2009 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi all

I am a software programmer working in UK under PSW. I applied for Tier 1 general last month and got refused. I got 10 year ban in my passprt. Please help me. Does it mean I can't travel to any EU nation or australia or USA or canada?

Please help me.. I am very upset. I haven't used any deception and they said employer verification failed.I contacted my HR and she said she didn't get any call from HO.

kumarfresh
Newly Registered

Post by kumarfresh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:55 pm

No, You are still O.K to travel in Europe or any other country. The ban is only for UK.

What exactly is written in your passport? Did you apply from UK itself or from other country?

carlmax2009
Newly Registered

Post by carlmax2009 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi I applied from UK.

Senior members please help me. I am earning 28,000 pounds per annum but still can't beleive. I am shocked.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: 10 year ban - Employer verification failed ..Please help

Post by gotcha » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:59 pm

carlmax2009 wrote:Hi all

I am a software programmer working in UK under PSW. I applied for Tier 1 general last month and got refused. I got 10 year ban in my passprt. Please help me. Does it mean I can't travel to any EU nation or australia or USA or canada?

Please help me.. I am very upset. I haven't used any deception and they said employer verification failed.I contacted my HR and she said she didn't get any call from HO.
Do you get any right of appeal ? Or asked to leave country.
If yes, contact good immigration lawyer.

carlmax2009
Newly Registered

Post by carlmax2009 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:00 pm

gotcha wrote:
carlmax2009 wrote:Hi all

Do you get any right of appeal ? Or asked to leave country.
If yes, contact good immigration lawyer.
No I dont have right to appeal. I am not very worried about the 10 yr ban but my worry is can i get into any other europe country or australia or us or canada?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:02 pm

carlmax2009 wrote: No I dont have right to appeal. I am not very worried about the 10 yr ban but my worry is can i get into any other europe country or australia or us or canada?
Yes, you can get in to other countries provided you satisfy their criteria.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:23 pm

sorry to hear tht. But why r u afraid if ur genuine and really working in proper company and havent voilate any rule then HO ll definitely consider ur case.

Wht exactly did they write in rejection letter can u just put so tht other members can reply as to wht to do.

Do u have conviction or anythng otherwise HO wnt just ban anyone like tht right?

Anything in the past, which country r u from??

carlmax2009
Newly Registered

Post by carlmax2009 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:18 pm

I am a genuine employee and i am going to meet some lawyers next week..my visa expires only on march 2010 so hopefully i can do something on this...i am planning to go to australia after 2011 so i m bit worried whehther they might reject my visa coz uk put 10 yrs ban on me..

ukvisaguru_co_uk

Post by ukvisaguru_co_uk » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Any country will take this BAN in consideration when giving you the VISA.

For eg, If you are an employer, and a candidate apply for a job with a criminal history, you will take more steps to ensure that the candidate is clean.

Now, you can not change this but think about options in your hand

1. Contact a good Lawyer and appeal
2. Work till 2010 and meanwhile apply for immigration to other countries.
3. After 2010, go back to your original country and restart your life.

10 year BAN doesn't means life ends here, so be positive and think of as many options with cool mind and then work hard to achieve them.

If your case is genuine, then Option 1 is the most sensible to pursue.

blue.olive

Post by blue.olive » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:44 pm

You are requested three times, what is exactly written in your letter from home office and you r ignoring this point
If you expect assisstance from ppl, you shld explain you prlm with details
otherwise its will be difficult to advise you
Good luck
olive
carlmax2009 wrote:I am a genuine employee and i am going to meet some lawyers next week..my visa expires only on march 2010 so hopefully i can do something on this...i am planning to go to australia after 2011 so i m bit worried whehther they might reject my visa coz uk put 10 yrs ban on me..

ghulbhai

Post by ghulbhai » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:29 pm

he's a fraud.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:15 pm

ghulbhai wrote:he's a fraud.

take yr time and take right steps now ,

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:37 am

I'm curious as to why a 10 year ban would have been issued just for a employer reference not being verified? I've never heard of such a severe restriction being placed on a failed Tier 1 application for a slip up.

Is there something more that you're not telling us carlmax2009? How did you obtain your PSW and where did you study the degree that got you it?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:47 am

i personally think there's more to a story. HO cannot just ban you without any genuine reason, there must have been some confusion or worst case a fraudulent activity by the person.

So, let us know what was mentioned in the letter.
Only he knows what went wrong and why.

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:23 am

Sorry for u...u should do something wrong..

carlmax2009
Newly Registered

Post by carlmax2009 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:01 pm

ok thanks
Last edited by carlmax2009 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:38 pm

If you study at CCL and have proper paperwork, and you were granted PSW on those bases,

Speak with good immigration lawer

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:08 pm

I am convinced that this guy is a fraud. He has never answered anybody's question fully, apart from asking the same question whether he can travel to other countries again and again.

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:48 pm

That's the UKBA's position, I think (and therein lies the problem). I infer that the OP has been caught up in the aftermath of this case: http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Upload/j22 ... kistan.doc

As for the question of whether the current ban would impact future applications elsewhere, the answer would largely depend on whether the deception in, and resulting ban from, the UK were disclosed. It is hard to imagine, however, that immigration authorities in other countries would look favourably on applications from people whose earlier applications were deemed (collectively) to have been fraudulent.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:17 pm

WHAT DOES IT SAY ON YOUR REJECTION LETTER. CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS MEANS. IF YOU WANT HELP YOU SHOULD EXPLAIN EVERYTHING CLEARLY. I THINK YOU ARE HIDING SOMETHING AND YOU KNOW WHY YOUR VISA WAS REJECTED. :twisted:

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:26 pm

innocentdevil wrote:WHAT DOES IT SAY ON YOUR REJECTION LETTER. CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS MEANS. IF YOU WANT HELP YOU SHOULD EXPLAIN EVERYTHING CLEARLY. I THINK YOU ARE HIDING SOMETHING AND YOU KNOW WHY YOUR VISA WAS REJECTED. :twisted:
lol that reminded me of Alucard from Hellsing.

Kudos to anyone that gets that reference ^_^

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:29 pm

I am sure the guy I am referring to will still not understand :D

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:56 pm

carlmax2009 wrote:i did my studies from CCL....
This is a bit like forensic medicine ! The quote above may be *the* critical piece of information, so here's my best guess: The OP went to CCL (Cambridge College of Learning), gained a postgraduate diploma in business management or IT (perhaps the latter, since the OP is a 'software programmer'), and then went on to get the PSW visa on the back of that PGDip.

CCL was later determined by UKBA to have issued bogus qualifications, namely those in business management and IT (cf UKAIT 00031 from June this year, link above). The UKBA has thereafter refused applications from people from that college who did one of those two courses, and further has applied a deception-related ban on those who used either qualification to obtain leave to remain (e.g. PSW). With that decision now in place, the OP's application to switch from PSW to Tier 1 (General) would then have put him in the firing line.

It was a bit of a red herring when the OP mentioned the deception and the problem with employer verification in the same sentence, but I don't think the two were connected. The caseworker's inability to verify earnings/employment is a relatively minor problem that (a) seems most unlikely to result in a ban, and (b) was entirely overridden by the false representation of the qualification.

Do I get a gold star for making up a plausible scenario ?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:37 pm

gordon wrote:
carlmax2009 wrote:i did my studies from CCL....
This is a bit like forensic medicine ! The quote above may be *the* critical piece of information, so here's my best guess: The OP went to CCL (Cambridge College of Learning), gained a postgraduate diploma in business management or IT (perhaps the latter, since the OP is a 'software programmer'), and then went on to get the PSW visa on the back of that PGDip.

CCL was later determined by UKBA to have issued bogus qualifications, namely those in business management and IT (cf UKAIT 00031 from June this year, link above). The UKBA has thereafter refused applications from people from that college who did one of those two courses, and further has applied a deception-related ban on those who used either qualification to obtain leave to remain (e.g. PSW). With that decision now in place, the OP's application to switch from PSW to Tier 1 (General) would then have put him in the firing line.

It was a bit of a red herring when the OP mentioned the deception and the problem with employer verification in the same sentence, but I don't think the two were connected. The caseworker's inability to verify earnings/employment is a relatively minor problem that (a) seems most unlikely to result in a ban, and (b) was entirely overridden by the false representation of the qualification.

Do I get a gold star for making up a plausible scenario ?
Hmmm it was lacking the zooming camera shots on the application in Negative with some dramatic music.....

But overall plausable. :)

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:59 pm

hmmmm... it does make sense. no wonder why the OP received a ban and no wonder why he wasn't being open about it.

now he knows if he is honest or not. if he ain't then he shouldn't get an extension because it affects people like myself and those genuine on the forum who has paid absolutely fortune to study overseas and then work their absolute hard to get jobs and people like them spoil it for us

rant over :wink: