ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shakiya
Newly Registered

Post by Shakiya » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:57 pm

was794 wrote:no need to worry about expired TB tests... Got an Email back from Visa Customer Services in UK confirming this.
You only need a valid TB test to apply for a VISA - You dont need a valid TB test to gain entry to the UK - You will need to keep the TB test certicate (expired or valid) with you as the UK border staff may ask you for it...

It was mealtime during a flight on a PIA plane:

‘Would you like dinner?’ the air hostess asked me

‘What are my choices?’ I asked.

‘Yes or no,’ she replied.

lol ---- :)

BatleyKhan
please could you clarify this is the case, with regards to the TB test. Was794 has enlightened the forum with some interesting information. Thank you Was 794 for sharing this information with the forum.

was794

Post by was794 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:05 pm

[quote="batleykhan"][quote]Hi Was794!!!
In your Post, You wrote:

Entry clearance applicants for stays over six months will need to get a certificate from an accredited clinic showing that they are free from infectious tuberculosis. If they do not have such a certificate, their entry clearance application will normally be refused.

Could you please tell me, what does it means?
Is it compulsory to get that sort of F****** Certificate, sorry my language, from somewhere before travel to the UK. Elaborate this, Apart from the valid TB Test Certificate?
Please Mate.........................[/quote]

It means that if you want to come to the UK from Pakistan, you have to to be examined by an appropiate medical authoruty designated by teh BHC to ensure that you do not suffer from TB.

If you have this medical examination done and get a certificate, it means you do not have TB.

This certificate is required when you apply for visa.

No certificate = No visa[/quote]

was794

Post by was794 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:05 pm

[quote="bazzy_1"][quote="was794"]no need to worry about expired TB tests... Got an Email back from Visa Customer Services in UK confirming this.
You only need a valid TB test to apply for a VISA - You dont need a valid TB test to gain entry to the UK - You will need to keep the TB test certicate (expired or valid) with you as the UK border staff may ask you for it...

It was mealtime during a flight on a PIA plane:

‘Would you like dinner?’ the air hostess asked me

‘What are my choices?’ I asked.

‘Yes or no,’ she replied.

lol ---- :)[/quote]

Hi was, can you send me a copy o the email please. I want to email it to my wife for reference purposes[/quote]

whats ur email

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:10 pm

can someone please tell me when Gerry fedex call applicants to tell them that their visa is ready for collection, what exactly they say to the applicant on the phone?

thanks
please reply urgently

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:15 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:can someone please tell me when Gerry fedex call applicants to tell them that their visa is ready for collection, what exactly they say to the applicant on the phone?

thanks
please reply urgently
From what my wife told me they confirm you are the applicant, advise were they r calling from and advise your passport is ready to collect
Regards,

Baz

kkhan

Post by kkhan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:22 pm

Thanks Shakiya...........

bazzy_1
, I am on Tier 1 ......................

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:02 pm

bazzy_1 wrote:
tcpip_helper wrote:can someone please tell me when Gerry fedex call applicants to tell them that their visa is ready for collection, what exactly they say to the applicant on the phone?

thanks
please reply urgently
From what my wife told me they confirm you are the applicant, advise were they r calling from and advise your passport is ready to collect
thanks for your reply, my wife status has been changed to ready for collection, but she hasnt received the call from fedex, do they give any reference number to collect it and what are the timings to collect it?
thanks

was794

Post by was794 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:09 pm

tcpip_helper - they should call you within 1-3 working days...

they called my wife within 48 hours of the status being changed online...

rizzy2193

Post by rizzy2193 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:14 pm

I concur Was! They called my wifey wihtin 24 hours of the online status change.

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:08 pm

was794 wrote:tcpip_helper - they should call you within 1-3 working days...

they called my wife within 48 hours of the status being changed online...
and what exactly they said to ur wife?

thanks

was794

Post by was794 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:10 pm

tcpip_helper - they told her to come and collect her passport ASAP !!!

Rizzy - all the best to your new life with your wifey !! lol - my life is gonna be over soon - still got 2 weeks of freedom left lol!!

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi,

I am arranging for my wife to travel in the next few days inshallah. We have decided not to renew her TB test and she will bring her expired test certificate with her.

She does not have the actual x-ray, will this be a problem when she arrives?

Also I have asked her to have the following in her hand luggage:

passport
NIC card
expired TB certificate
Letter which was given with the visa

I continue to hear she needs to travel within 28 days of the date visa was issued. However the passport was stamped on 1st oct. Gerry's have not given her any letter to prove she collect her visa today.

Batley Khan can you please advise if the above is true and whether she needs to keep any additional doc's with her?

Was794 - I have pm you my email address and would grateful if you can forward the email to me.
Regards,

Baz

saika
Newly Registered

Post by saika » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:16 am

hi bazzy hope your fine brother ?
o ya mobreeeeeeek hun app ko or sab app ki family ko. its long time going through this stoped process after appeals allowed but got the visa this really good i think i was in same boat but i think things are moving since novmber 09 alot of this memberis got there visa during this 15 days another mobreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk hun app o

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:31 am

For example
on pasport the name shows
first name:Kala
sur name: Bila

on visa its showing
Bila Kala

on ticket its showing

Mr Bila Kala

is it an issue or normal? I nean can kala bila travel or nt?

Batley uncle plz help thnx

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 am

Hi all

on 20th october i got tier 1 general within UK, on 30th october my wife applied for her dependent visa from karachi, Pakistan. when i got my tier 1 general i was on PSW which was valid until 4t July 2010, and my tier1 G is valid until oct 2012.

now today my wife has been issued the visa but her visa validity is 4th July2010 and visa type is tier 1 general partner. i think they have made a mistake about her visa, her visa should be valid until oct 2012

as soon my wife collected the passport and came out of the fedex i immediately asked her to go back and mentioned this mistake but manager at fedex told her that normally spouse visa are issued for a short period only and u need to extend it from UK, is that true?

i think its a mistake that they issued her the visa upto my psw visa validity.

what should i do now plz reply urgently
thannks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:26 pm

For example
on pasport the name shows
first name:Kala
sur name: Bila

on visa its showing
Bila Kala

on ticket its showing

Mr Bila Kala

is it an issue or normal? I nean can kala bila travel or nt?

Batley uncle plz help thnx
You might be stopped. It is important the name on the ticket is exactly the same as in the passport. That should have been the travels agents job from whom you purchased the ticket to have made sure he got that right.

I suggest you get this sorted out before he travels. To late to amend the visa bit, but that should not cause a problem

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:48 pm

bazzy_1 wrote:Hi,

I am arranging for my wife to travel in the next few days inshallah. We have decided not to renew her TB test and she will bring her expired test certificate with her.

passport
NIC card
expired TB certificate

I continue to hear she needs to travel within 28 days of the date visa was issued. However the passport was stamped on 1st oct. Gerry's have not given her any letter to prove she collect her visa today.

Batley Khan can you please advise if the above is true and whether she needs to keep any additional doc's with her?

Was794 - I have pm you my email address and would grateful if you can forward the email to me.
Hi Batley khan, can you please advise on my above query, Thanks
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:17 pm

hi

my hubbys status has still not changed.its getting to the point where i feel totally helpless. :( .

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:04 pm

bazzy_1 wrote:
Hi,

passport
NIC card
expired TB certificate

Hi Batley khan, can you please advise on my above query, Thanks
You wife should hopefully be ok with above. No need for anything else apart from the embarkation card she needs to complete in the plane and hand over to Immigration. No need for any further docs that I can think off. Let us know after arrival if she encountered any problems. Xrays not required.

Your wife has till 1st Jan to getinto UK

Hope this helps

salmaniftekhar
Newly Registered

Reply from UK HUB

Post by salmaniftekhar » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:44 am

Hi all

I have had an email back from UK hub withe regards to my wifes settlement application she applied on 17/07/2009 and her status online still has not changed below is their response can someone advise me if they have had this response before?

Dear Salman

Your wife's visa application has been processed she will receive a call from Gerry's International to submit her passport. Your patient in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards

UKHUB Pakistan

Please reply and let me know

Kind Regards
Salman

desperate__wife

Post by desperate__wife » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:25 am

sahdi....i love u dear....plz hang in there.....im also helpless... :( :( ... no word on my visa yet...

salmann iftikhar.......plz calm down...this is good news that ur wifes visa has been processed....and i can only say is to wait for the status to change then tell ur wife to go and collect

PEACE!

D_W

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:15 am

hi D_W

thanx sweetie. I contacted Immigration advisory service today, they compiled my husbands application. the advisor said he would chase the BHC up today to see why my husbands passport hasn't been returned. Lets hope he can find out why its taken sooooo long.

illy
Newly Registered

Post by illy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:02 pm

hey my husband status has ready for colletion so inshallah tomarow he going to find out wheather he got it.inshalah i pray he has pray for me guysss im a nevous as hell..

VASEY

Post by VASEY » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi D-W Sahidi

inshallah it will happen just keep the faith, they are moving things faster than before now.

there hasnt been an update on things since 6th November when they said there was delays.

remember this famous saying
" good things come to those who wait"

illy
Newly Registered

Post by illy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:39 pm

i waited exactly 20 weeks it does get fustrating but with things going on in pak like bombing dnt help.just pray like i did