ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

benefit for eea2 with residency card

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elvina
Newly Registered

benefit for eea2 with residency card

Post by elvina » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:09 pm

please i just my eea2 can i claim jsa,hosuing benefit and tax credit

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Depends if your EEA national family member is engaged in economic activity in the UK.

If so, your entitlements are equal to those of a British citizen.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

elvina
Newly Registered

thanks guru

Post by elvina » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:29 pm

thanks, my husband is self employed and he pay national insurance contributions.

evangelista
Newly Registered

Post by evangelista » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:15 am

What if the husband is British and brought his spouse over through the Surinder Singh route?? Can any of them claim benefits ? If the husband does will t affect his spouse's eea2 application?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:33 am

It should not affect you application at all, as stated in the European Courts of Justice Eind ruling in December 2007. The UKBA says they are still studying the ruling and have failed to implement it, 2 years down the line.

They said you are supposed to be a qualified person, before your wife's EEA 2 can be processed according to Regulation 2006, regulation 9, which makes provision for Surinder Singh cases, which is technically speaking wrong.

If you are in employment or self- employed, then it will not be a factor. But if you are not, they will say under EC rules, you are an unreasonable burden on the state, and hence could reject her application.

Supplement benefits when you are employed or self-employed is a non issue.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors