ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed,married to a French, wants to study in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rob7dan
Newly Registered

Advice needed,married to a French, wants to study in UK

Post by rob7dan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi Guys,

I’m Sri Lankan, married to a French National ( she was Sri Lankan before ) she got her French nationality in 2008. after living in france for 11 years. We got married in 2008 2 months after she got her nationality. Anyway Now I’m in France joined with my Wife. and I obtained my temporary 6 months resident card in France.
My Questions are

I Want to go and study in UK and do my Masters Degree
( I have studied in UK before and got my BA(hons ) from a UK UNI )
Can i apply from the UK embassy in France and travel to UK and commence my Masters Degree?

Can I bring my French wife to UK with me ? Can she work ? Can we settle down in UK in long run ?

your advice will really help me.

Thank in advance,

aceadl
Newly Registered

Post by aceadl » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:42 am

Your wife must be excising treaty right in the Uk before u can study as a home student in the UK. This means applying for eea residence card, i am sure there are many posts in the forum that can give you more information on this.