ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Post by 2036789 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:01 pm

update from my side i contacted my MP assistant last we and he said the uk hub told her that it is going to take atleast another 3-4 more weeks they told my mp that more then 2 months ago and that is just minimum! I DONT KNOW WHETHER TO LAUGH OR CRY AND im losing my patience. I applied on 4th june and now its 24 weeks [the timescale that the bhc promise all visa's by. Why my wfes visa s taking so long is beyond my comprehension. I dont get how they can process some ppls settlement visa's, ppl who applied after us, in 12 weeks and ours is going to be about 18 more weeks+ then theirs, how do they justify that. they say they need to do furher enquiries but surely they dont need 30 weeks for that, its prob a days work. I have tried everything I can I hve contacted my MP[who isnt helping me much], e-mailed home secretary and uk hub persistently, wrote to bhc. anyone got any other suggestions on what I can do.
sorry to ramble on but 6 months is takig the p*** im fed up of waitingand my wife is seriously getting depressed she is been at home for 2 years since we marred praying for some news.

Even after once my wife get the visa im going to try and claim some compensation from them and make sure the media knows abt there unfair treatment so no one else has to go through
MM

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:33 pm

2036789 wrote:update from my side i contacted my MP assistant last we and he said the uk hub told her that it is going to take atleast another 3-4 more weeks they told my mp that more then 2 months ago and that is just minimum! I DONT KNOW WHETHER TO LAUGH OR CRY AND im losing my patience. I applied on 4th june and now its 24 weeks [the timescale that the bhc promise all visa's by. Why my wfes visa s taking so long is beyond my comprehension. I dont get how they can process some ppls settlement visa's, ppl who applied after us, in 12 weeks and ours is going to be about 18 more weeks+ then theirs, how do they justify that. they say they need to do furher enquiries but surely they dont need 30 weeks for that, its prob a days work. I have tried everything I can I hve contacted my MP[who isnt helping me much], e-mailed home secretary and uk hub persistently, wrote to bhc. anyone got any other suggestions on what I can do.
sorry to ramble on but 6 months is takig the p*** im fed up of waitingand my wife is seriously getting depressed she is been at home for 2 years since we marred praying for some news.

Even after once my wife get the visa im going to try and claim some compensation from them and make sure the media knows abt there unfair treatment so no one else has to go through
Hi 2036789,

was your application an appeal case or a fresh settlement application.

it seems like regardless of when you applied between march and August ppl are recieving replies from BHC now. My wifes visa was stamped on 01/10/09 however she got a call on friday to collect it

Inshallah you will here good news soon...there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Regards,

Baz

desperate__wife

Post by desperate__wife » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:17 pm

2036789 wrote:
I applied on 4th june and now its 24 weeks [the timescale that the bhc promise all visa's by

....calm down dear boy......do not be upset...since ur 24 weeks will be over when it is 6 months....and thats on 4th Dec....not 4th Nov!.

your MP secretary is therefore correct to say that it will take another 3-4 weeks....so chilll.....no need to drop a poodling.....

look at my case for god sake.......its been more than 24 weeks (5th may to 5th Nov 6months).......now 7 month running.......so what the hell are u complaining about.....and plus urs is ISLB case....so as usuall u will get reply quicker than me since im from spicy karachi......so eat some ice and jst chill

tell ur wife to start teaching at some school....and forget about the wait....only then time will pass quickly

PEACE!

D_W

VASEY

Post by VASEY » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:22 pm

stick in there brother, patience is a virtue.

You are taking the right steps, i think you should try to visit you MP again at his surgery time. You can find this out by going to his website through Google.

Where did you apply from?

a1
Newly Registered

pl some one help me

Post by a1 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:40 pm

apply 1st wk of oct .
how long i wait?

ukusman

Re: pl some one help me

Post by ukusman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:54 pm

a1 wrote:apply 1st wk of oct .
how long i wait?

in the other forum "ukresident" i have read some peole submitted last month and received response within 15days. The people on here who are wait to receive the applications are all in the back log.

akilleez
Newly Registered

waiting time

Post by akilleez » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:24 pm

my wife submitted hers to islamabad on 12 nov. it seems it has picked up and quite a few applications have been dealt with within 15 days, so im guessing they have got their act together, mine was sent to overseas commission to abu dhabi the second day. stil waiting and hoping that we should get a call somewhere near then end of nov.

ah1717
Newly Registered

Post by ah1717 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi,

Application date: 09/06/09
Status change: 13/11/09
Picked up: 16/11/09

Got entry clearance after a long wait. Seems ours was caught
in the backlog.

Good luck for all the rest. And the piece of advice:

Make sure when you apply you fullfill all the requirements, accommodation,
income, marriage certificate, proof of ongoing relationship, etc.
If any of the requirements is not met, you must wait and then apply
later.

I wish you all good luck!

Over and out :wink:

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:39 pm

RaniG? DW? Sahdi and others? Any luck so far? M worried for u guys inshalah u guys will hear gud news soon

i hav dne new TB test yday lol n m leaving on 24th nov to Manchester inshalah

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:57 am

hi kayani

thnx for remembering.....iam still waititng :(

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:45 am

update from my side

Immigratiory advisory service contacted BHC, they replied this morning, saying the passport wil be stamped and sent to gerrys in the next 2/3 days. I cant believe its still needs to be stamped......oh well, at least we will get it soon.

desperate__wife

Post by desperate__wife » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:46 am

kayaniii jee apnay malkha kay sajan jee....thanks for remembering boring old Desperate__Wife................

still nothing on my visa...and im getting older and older....my teeth are now starting to come off from there gums........ im now on Macdonald's burger and Pizza Hut diet....eating away as the days go by.....

PEACE!

D_W

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:54 am

Good luck Sahdi i hope u wil get a positive news inshalah

DW why dnt u talk to geo TV? i mean its none of ur fault if they r takng this much time cos many people aplied after u n got decisions yeah even i hav got my visa right after 13 weeks?
U cn try n take more peopl with u who r facing same problem.

Just email to geo tv n then see

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:54 am

Good luck Sahdi i hope u wil get a positive news inshalah

DW why dnt u talk to geo TV? i mean its none of ur fault if they r takng this much time cos many people aplied after u n got decisions yeah even i hav got my visa right after 13 weeks?
U cn try n take more peopl with u who r facing same problem.

Just email to geo tv n then see

Post by 2036789 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:18 am

desperate wife ofcourse imgoing to be angry and upset as no one expect to wai this long and its unfair how they making ppl wait who applied earlier then others wait longer, . I have been patient upto now but yesterday wasone of those days and my patience was broken, when i called my MP they told that they hoped to reach a resolution in 3-4 weeks so ts not for sure.

last week wen everyones visa's was comin through me and my wife got excited that our visa will come any day now and then this news was a blow to us. Its not abt losing my patience, im angry that they are not processing the visa's fairly. why our one is takn 12 weeks longer for further enquiries makes no sense to me as my papers are straightforward.

but right now i suppose we can just pray and inshallah everyones visa will come through soon and i love hearing other ppls good news as i know how hard the wait can be
MM

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 am

Ssalam all,

Just an update from my side. Alhamdulilah i have got my visa stamped on 18 Nov. It was an appeal case. My TB certificates expires today on 19 Nov 2009. Need to get the new1 now.

the funny thing was as i received an email on 17 Nov 2009 from the unit manager of the gerrys in karachi that they have received my passport , kindly come n collect it. thn next day on 18 nov 2009 i called on they gerrys number and asked about the status of my passport, they replied my passport is still under process with BHC islamabad and in the afternoon i collected my passport from gerrys. I said to the call center guy that you dont have the updates or you dont know about anything.,he said as per their record its with bHC. lolz.

Visa stamped on 10 Nov 2009.
Visa collected on 18 Nov 2009.
Resubmitted my passport on 12 June 2009.
Hearing date was 30 April 2009.
Initially applied on 14 July 2008.
Visa refused on 8 Sep 2008.
submitted my appeal on 6 Oct 2008.

INSHALLAH every1 will hear the good news soon.

Regards,

Post by 2036789 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 am

kayanii lol dnt get cocky remember u were in the same boat once and remember how hard it was, make dua for her bro
MM

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:57 am

Just an update from my side. Alhamdulilah i have got my visa stamped on 18 Nov. It was an appeal case. My TB certificates expires today on 19 Nov 2009. Need to get the new1 now.
You do not need a new TB test as visa has been stamped in your passport. You can travel to the UKwith the expired ( TB certificate) one as long as you bring it with you to show at the airport here in the UK :lol: :D :P

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 am

Hi D_W, Sahdi, 2306789,

Please hang in there guys, Inshallah Allah SWT will do best.
I know it is difficult and my wife never had to wait as long as you guys, but i pray that you all get the good news soon aswell.

Inshallah you should get responses very soon
Regards,

Baz

was794

Post by was794 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:30 am

bazzy - whens your mrs coming over?? - let me know how things go at the UK border....

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:32 am

was794 wrote:bazzy - whens your mrs coming over?? - let me know how things go at the UK border....
Hi was,

Inshallah its this sunday. we decided not to renew the TB test and she is flying to Heathrow.

Thanks for the email and I will let you guys know any updates once she is here

When is ur mrs flying out?
Regards,

Baz

was794

Post by was794 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:59 am

im going over to pakistan for eid - going to fly back with her in early December. Hopefully all will be ok.

best of luck and hope your new married life is a blessing.

desperate__wife

Post by desperate__wife » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:04 am

2036789 wrote:

Code: Select all

desperate wife ofcourse imgoing to be angry and upset as no one expect to wai this long and its unfair how they making ppl wait who applied earlier then others wait longer, . I have been patient upto now but yesterday wasone of those days and my patience was broken, when i called my MP they told that they hoped to reach a resolution in 3-4 weeks so ts not for sure.

last week wen everyones visa's was comin through me and my wife got excited that our visa will come any day now and then this news was a blow to us. Its not abt losing my patience, im angry that they are not processing the visa's fairly. why our one is takn 12 weeks longer for further enquiries makes no sense to me as my papers are straightforward.

but right now i suppose we can just pray and inshallah everyones visa will come through soon and i love hearing other ppls good news as i know how hard the wait can be

if u read carefully on the UKBA website...then they very nicely and politely say that applicants must not take the max 120 working days as the absolute time to process visas as each case is unique and individual circumstances can lead to longer dicision making time.....

so if it takes another year for my visa to arrive........i can wait...no problem.....

when lifes looks hard at u......smile back....as u never loose anything that way....

PEACE!

D_W

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:07 am

batleykhan wrote:
You do not need a new TB test as visa has been stamped in your passport. You can travel to the UKwith the expired ( TB certificate) one as long as you bring it with you to show at the airport here in the UK :lol: :D :P
Are you sure. coz when i called to make an appointment with tb certicate organization they said you cant travel with expired tb certificate. If you are 100 percent sure then iwill travel with the expired 1.

VASEY

Post by VASEY » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:21 am

Hi a1,

im not sure how long you wait, some people on the forum have been waiting a long time, my wife has also just applied for a settlement visa, at least someone else has also applied