ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could this be a problem?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fay Coyle
Newly Registered

Could this be a problem?

Post by Fay Coyle » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi my fiancee from US to UK 2years ago on Partner Visa, at that time with his ex British girl. Shortly after they brokeup, we met, fell in love and we are together. His partner visa will expire in 3 months and we would like to get married and stay here. I have here amazing job, flat and he has job [still on his Partner Visa]. I am really scared after we marry and apply for EEU Family Visa that he will be refused because he didnt leave Uk after breakup with ex. Should I worry? He was studying university when she left him, had 12months contract on flat rent, how could he actually leave?!!We can prove our relationship and we live together 7months. :roll:

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Could this be a problem?

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Fay Coyle wrote:Should I worry?
No. Metock clarified this.

Do you intend to marry in a Church of England ceremony, or in a registry office?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Fay Coyle
Newly Registered

Hm...

Post by Fay Coyle » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:55 pm

We intend to marry in registry office, why? Is it important? I am also little bit confused with your Metock case. I understood, that it doesnt matter if my fiancee was here on different visa before our marriage and if he was illegaly , but as my husband, when I am from EU, he can stay here with me. Am I right?

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: Hm...

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Fay Coyle wrote:We intend to marry in registry office, why?
Because you will need to obtain a Certificate of Application in order to marry.

Fay Coyle wrote:I am also little bit confused with your Metock case. I understood, that it doesnt matter if my fiancee was here on different visa before our marriage and if he was illegaly , but as my husband, when I am from EU, he can stay here with me. Am I right?
In a nutshell.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.