ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

qaz786
Newly Registered

Post by qaz786 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:43 pm

I recently applied (for my wife) a settlement visa on the 28/07/09.

This was rejected on the 16/11/09.

Reasons given were that my P60 and payslips were not originals. I supplied them with payslips for x3 months (all online payslips), as I am a contractor. I have been in the same role for 1 year plus. My umbrella company (who pay me after receiving funds from Reed), also stamped each payslip and signed. I supplied a letterhead from Reed and (Umbrella Co) also showing employment. P60 was given to me by Umbrella co (Giant).

I am very disappointed that it has been rejected, and that checks were not made by the ECO with regards to my pay. I supplied 3 months bank statements showing credit over £3k and pay clearly going into account.

The ECO decision continues on the same vein, and includes a line about the financial situation of our household. I live with my mother and 4 brothers. I showed that my brother (younger) is working, and provided letter. I aso showed that he pays Standing order into my account every month, for upkeep of the family home. Not sure why they said this, as my balance and savings (over 3K also) is good. Is it because they think my younger brothers are dependant on me?

Please can you let me know with regards to this. I would like to know my options. Do not want an appeal hearing.

Applied before and was rejected on grounds of my bank balance. Payslips and P60 were accepted last time.

Any advice please?

AS2009
Newly Registered

Post by AS2009 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:46 pm

osmananwar1 wrote:Hi
Can you all please give me some advice especially to those who have travelled to Islamabad airport in the last 2 weeks

My mother and father in law and some of the family members will be coming to pick me up from the airport but I have been told they will have some problems at the airport to collect me as they will not be allowing anyone and all the family members through because of security concerns???
Is this true or will they all be allowed to collect me???

Please Help

Thankyou
Salam ,

Dont worry about it, actually they have to park their car out side the airport area and walk in to the terminal to pick you up.

NO one is allowed to park their cars in to the airport car park due to some security nonsense .

If they don't let them inn just in case, when you are out of departure just take a left towards the main Airport gate and in 5 minutes you will be with them.

Cheers

AS2009
Newly Registered

Post by AS2009 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:55 pm

qaz786 wrote:I recently applied (for my wife) a settlement visa on the 28/07/09.

This was rejected on the 16/11/09.

Reasons given were that my P60 and payslips were not originals. I supplied them with payslips for x3 months (all online payslips), as I am a contractor. I have been in the same role for 1 year plus. My umbrella company (who pay me after receiving funds from Reed), also stamped each payslip and signed. I supplied a letterhead from Reed and (Umbrella Co) also showing employment. P60 was given to me by Umbrella co (Giant).

I am very disappointed that it has been rejected, and that checks were not made by the ECO with regards to my pay. I supplied 3 months bank statements showing credit over £3k and pay clearly going into account.

The ECO decision continues on the same vein, and includes a line about the financial situation of our household. I live with my mother and 4 brothers. I showed that my brother (younger) is working, and provided letter. I aso showed that he pays Standing order into my account every month, for upkeep of the family home. Not sure why they said this, as my balance and savings (over 3K also) is good. Is it because they think my younger brothers are dependant on me?

Please can you let me know with regards to this. I would like to know my options. Do not want an appeal hearing.

Applied before and was rejected on grounds of my bank balance. Payslips and P60 were accepted last time.

Any advice please?
Salam bro,

i am truly sorry to hear about the refusal of your spouse application .
My advise to you is,( PM) batley khan , he is the only one who can help you in this matter i hope.

praying for you.

kind Regards

was794

Post by was794 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:26 am

bazzy - did your wife get her ok - did she have any issues at the border control?

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:39 pm

was794 wrote:bazzy - did your wife get her ok - did she have any issues at the border control?
Hi,

My wife arrived yesterday with the grace of Allah SWT. She was carrying her expired TB test cert. which the immigration officer did ask for.

They looked at her passport and and the TB test and let her through, they never asked any questions. :D :lol: :D :lol:

She travelled to Heathrow.

So Was, inshallah all should be fine for your wife to travel.

Thank you every1 for all your help over the last few months. I will keep visiting this site to help other people who are waiting.

All the best to you all.
Regards,

Baz

VASEY

Post by VASEY » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:23 pm

you will be posting on here occasionally thats if she lets you lol :D good luk bazzy and thanks for your help

VASEY

Post by VASEY » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:24 pm

i know in the past few weeks a lot of people got the good news others not so good but it can't only be me left who is waiting where have you all gone !!!!

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:22 pm

VASEY wrote:i know in the past few weeks a lot of people got the good news others not so good but it can't only be me left who is waiting where have you all gone !!!!
Hi Vasey,

lol.......you sure people havent moved to a new forum and forgot to tell us about it?

Everything has suddenly gone quite
Regards,

Baz

sahdi

Post by sahdi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:56 pm

hi everyone

iam still here, but have no news to post...im still waiting :(

kayaniii

Post by kayaniii » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:06 am

salam guys

Allhumdullillah i reached Manchester last night

and letme suggest you one thing

i forgot my TB certificate in Pakistan lol and i had a big tension in my jurney ...

but wot a funny thing ?? They have never ever asked me for TB certificate lol ...

UK Border Agency staff just asked me few questions

1. Whats your name

2. Your wife name

3. wot job u were doing in Pakistan

4. wot you wifes job in uk

5. do you like weather in Manchester

6. Why you came here before EID

n then he said Wellcome to UK and back my Passport lol

so guys never ever Renew your TB certificate if its expires and if you are coming through Manchester International

its really sad to know theres still no luck for few people in this forum ... i hope youu guys will get your rights soon inshallah

VASEY

Post by VASEY » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:35 am

what an odd question to ask about the weather im pretty sure the airport isnt outside and it is purpose built. :D but the weather is always grim up north

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:38 am

Hi,

Sorry guys a bit off topic,

Batley Khan - do you know if i will need to do a registered marriage in the UK now my wife is here or will my Nikkah be accepted as adequet proof of marriage?
Regards,

Baz

was794

Post by was794 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Niqah is a proof of marrige, it is classed as a "religious" ceremony BUT it is not classed a "legal" ceremony -

To be "legally" married (to enjoy the benefits of legal protection) you need to be registered according to UK law. The advantage of this is the husband wife and children would therefore have rights in law as regards pensions, benefits etc, and the children would be regarded as legitimate.

Its worth getting your marrige registered in the UK for the sake of any children you may have in the future - if you dont get registered they will be classed as "illegitimate" children in the eyes of the law!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:15 pm

Niqah is a proof of marrige, it is classed as a "religious" ceremony BUT it is not classed a "legal" ceremony -

To be "legally" married (to enjoy the benefits of legal protection) you need to be registered according to UK law. The advantage of this is the husband wife and children would therefore have rights in law as regards pensions, benefits etc, and the children would be regarded as legitimate.

Its worth getting your marrige registered in the UK for the sake of any children you may have in the future - if you dont get registered they will be classed as "illegitimate" children in the eyes of the law!!!
The disadvantages of getting your marriage registered in UK is:

If you were to get divorced(God forbid) then you have to go through Islamic talaaq as well a UK divorce which is very lengthy, costly and takes a long time than an Islamic talaq.

If you decide you want to have two wives in UK it could cause a problem(lol..........lol)

As someone who has lived here for 46 yrs,I ahve never come acrosss any problem, I got married in Pakistan. My wife and children are entitled to everything of mine, jsut like someone whose marriage took place in UK.

So its upto you to decide whether you want to register it or not. I am sure opinion would be split if you were to ask this uestion to other peoples.

Sorry if you folks missed me last two weeks.I have been abroad and have jsut comeback.I will try and respond to the 10.12 people who send mw pm in my box

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi Batley khan,

with regards to registering my marriage, i dont really think i would want a second wife. 1 is already a handful........lol
And she has only been here 3 days.

And divorce, inshallah it will never come to that, still confused what to do????????

Think i might be going for the registered marriage option.....although she can nag i am happy with 1 wife
Regards,

Baz

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Baz

I have been in Uk for 44 yrs, attended school, uni, worked most of my life, got married in pakistan in 1980,the missus has been here for 28yrs, have got 3 grown up and married kids, 3 grandkids.......never had the need to carry out a UK marriage registration.

The Pakistani nikkah nammaah has sufficed for my work, tax,benefits , therefore I see no benefit in doing what you want to do.......... I am sure the same has worked for thousands other people just like me.
:D :) :lol: :P

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:31 pm

From 30 November 2009, the UK Border Agency is introducing fingerprint checks at the border for passengers with biometric UK visas and entry clearances.

On arrival in the UK, passengers with biometric UK visas and entry clearances will have their fingerprints scanned at border control. In the majority of cases the passenger’s right hand thumb and first finger will be used. These will then be checked against the fingerprints provided in the application process.

The purpose of this check is to verify that the individual entering the UK is the same person who applied for their visa / entry clearance and using fingerprints enables us to do this with greater certainty.
Just something else you should warn your spouses about when they are coming to the UK. It will apply to all Pakistani new arrivals :D

Post by 2036789 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:04 pm

salams pplk still no news from my side almost 25 weeks now, my mp remember me in r duas and I hope everybody gets their visas soon inshallah
MM

MohammedKhan2009

Post by MohammedKhan2009 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:59 am

Hello,
My mrs applied for her settlement visa on November 26th, so far we havent heard anything back, is there any way I can chase up the application?

Thanks

Mohammed

TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:05 am

MohammedKhan2009 wrote:Hello,
My mrs applied for her settlement visa on November 26th, so far we havent heard anything back, is there any way I can chase up the application?

Thanks

Mohammed
Which year? if you have applied on 26 nov 2009 thn atleast wait for 2 months.

REVOLUTION

Post by REVOLUTION » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:03 pm

manchester...uk borders just a joke !!!!!!!!

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:02 pm

REVOLUTION wrote:manchester...uk borders just a joke !!!!!!!!
Hi revolution,

what happened m8??
Regards,

Baz

salmaniftekhar
Newly Registered

Applied 16/07/2009

Post by salmaniftekhar » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:59 am

Hi All

My mrs applied for her visa on the 16/07/2009 and we are still waiting for any sort of change to her status online, i believe this is just turning into a joke now, i have contacted my mp but it seems nothing is happening from her side does anyone know how i can pursue this matter further any help would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Salman Iftekhar

b92753

Post by b92753 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:51 am

MohammedKhan2009 wrote:Hello,

Thanks

Mohammed
Hi mohammed, your not going to hear anything in one day are you ? you can keep a track of your application by going on to the following website "www.ukvacpk.com" and entering your reference number. I am sorry but you can not chase the application untill the 90days have passed.

Hope this helps
thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Eid Mubarak to all of you here in UK and Pakistan.

May Allah grant all your wishes and all of you be rejoined with your loved ones