ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Split UK Immigration Board?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ppron747
inactive

Split UK Immigration Board?

Post by ppron747 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:05 pm

I'm quite new around here, so I don't know whether this has been discussed before, but I note that the UK Immigration Board has as enormous number of posts which aren't actually about immigration at all - they're about nationality.

Might it be worth splitting the board into two - one for UK immigration and the other for nationality/citizenship questions? It would make it easier to navigate, and (because "British Nationality" could be in the heading) it would make it more likely to get picked up by (eg) Google and thus be more visible to non-members searching for an answer. (The only reason I found the board was because someone helpfully posted a link to it in the misc.immigration.misc usenet group.)

Anyway, I thought it might be worth thinking about....

paul

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:21 pm

Natioanility and immigration are very closely linked.

It is definately a good idea to separate the two - however pundits will unfortunately just post wherever they like..
Where there is a will there is a way.

basis

Post by basis » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:32 pm

paul -

This was raised before. See the link below -

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ight=forum

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:12 am

Chess wrote:Natioanility and immigration are very closely linked.

It is definately a good idea to separate the two - however pundits will unfortunately just post wherever they like..
I would think that because they are so closely linked, it's going to be pretty hard to separate the two.

Unless you establish a separate naturalisation forum, while accepting that naturalisation will still come up in the regular immigration forums.