ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Tier1 is already void?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uk.workpermit123
Newly Registered

Is Tier1 is already void?

Post by uk.workpermit123 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:39 am

Hi,

Is Tier1 is already void? Any idea when the permission concept will come in effect in case Tier1 still valid.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
AKS

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:30 am

Hi uk.workpermit123,

Tier1 (& other visa categories) are still in place.

The new concept "Permission to Stay/to be" has only been proposed few days back. Plz refer to UKBA website for more details.

It would still take some time before it gets implemented.

Cheers,

push

Re: Is Tier1 is already void?

Post by push » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:58 pm

uk.workpermit123 wrote:Hi,

Is Tier1 is already void? Any idea when the permission concept will come in effect in case Tier1 still valid.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
AKS
The proposals re permission are related to what the leave/visa is called under various entry schemes
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

uk.workpermit123
Newly Registered

Post by uk.workpermit123 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:36 pm

So Push, you mean it is not meant for fresh Tier1 application?

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:01 pm

I donot think its a reason to worry and if the documentation is satisfactorily good - there should not be a problem.

and more so its only a draft - as said it would take some time before its finalized and thats something i doubt it will ever be ..

Regards
uk.workpermit123 wrote:So Push, you mean it is not meant for fresh Tier1 application?

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:51 pm

As I said in another post:

Just to be clear, when people discuss this proposed bill, it is my impression that they assume that all 5 tier visa categories will somehow be abolished, and one single category replacing them will be created. As a matter of fact, this is not the case. As can be seen from this link http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wms/?id=2 ... 12a.33WS.4 , there will be a new "permission" concept, which will replace the following 5 concepts: leave to enter, leave to remain, entry clearance, the right to abode and exemption from control. So, this bill, as far as I see, poses no immediate danger to the people who expect to stay under, say, tier 1 category for the foreseeable future.

push

Post by push » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:23 am

uk.workpermit123 wrote:So Push, you mean it is not meant for fresh Tier1 application?
It is relevant for all VISA categories but they are not proposing to replace various VISA categories or their names. All thats going to change is the name of "leave to remain", "leave to enter" "Entry Clearance" etc. as explained by ukswus above
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer