ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current ILR processing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

goody09

Current ILR processing

Post by goody09 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Dear All

First of all, I would like to say thank you all for such a good site, secondly, if anybody can help me in the following I would be thankful, I have applied by post for ILR on 30th of sep 2009, however up to today 16th Nov 2009 I have not heared from the HO, I have completed the 5 years on 24th of Oct (WP basis) in the same employment, I have heared that it can take up to 14 weeks for them to descide the application, my question is when they descide an application do they backdated to the day following the the 5 years completion or not? as I expecting baby within 3 weeks and I am a bit worried about the baby status, my current visa will continue up to 30 sep 2010, thank you for any help

mag4kg
Newly Registered

Re: Current ILR processing

Post by mag4kg » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi goody09

Your comment was comforting as i applied about the same time. I applied for ILR on the 1 Oct 2009 and this was based on 5 years as WP +Tier 1.I qualified for ILR on 24 Oct (timelines almost the same). I have not heard from the HO yet and it is true that they may take to six months, however most of my friends have got them within 3 months.

As for the date. I think the HO is only backdating for the HSMP JR and no other categories, therefore meaning your ILR will be valid from the date it was stamped. If you look under the general immigration forum, there is a thread were people are tracking the processing of ILR. I am not sure how this will affect your new born though.

goody09

Post by goody09 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:46 am

Hi mag4Kg

have you heard anything from the HO this week, hope soon we will get our ILR, good luck

mag4kg
Newly Registered

Post by mag4kg » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi Goody09

No response yet. It seems they are processing Sept and late Aug WP and Tier 1 applications from the other thread. Hope we get there soon though.