ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Security Clearance (SC)

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sajidzaidi

Security Clearance (SC)

Post by sajidzaidi » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:07 am

A number of job postings are now requiring security clearance (SC). my question is

1- What is security clearance

2- why is it required

3- when is it required

4- Can HSMP immigrants get this clearance

5- What are the pre-requisites.

6- What do they check.

7- Can i apply for this clearance before going to UK

regards

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:53 pm

It's MOD/Gov site, secet installations etc.

U can't get it urself - only a List X company can apply for it, pretty much a catch 22, if u've not got it, u cant apply, simple as.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:28 pm

It is required when company wants you to work on/with sensitive data e.g. Patient data in NHS or military data etc. This can be applied only by your employer.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:38 pm

chetanojha wrote:It is required when company wants you to work on/with sensitive data e.g. Patient data in NHS or military data etc. This can be applied only by your employer.
Assuming ur employer is on List X...

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:12 pm

wanderer is there any way to find the list X what u r talking about in internet?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Forget it ramesh 1.

If you apply for a job that requires security clearance they may offer you the job subject to you getting the appropriate clearance.

The only way you can find out is by applying or talking to the recruiter or employer.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:31 pm

ramesh1 wrote:wanderer is there any way to find the list X what u r talking about in internet?
List X info is classified.

Agree with PP, forget it, if u need it and haven't got it then u need an employer who can apply for it, and since there are lots on the dole with it, who they gonna pick since there is a significant cost to applying bourn by the company. And no u can't pay for then to get it for you, this top level stuff, you cannot afford to be anything other than 100% clean.

Plus, to be honest a born and bred BC is gonna be easier by miles to clear than a foreign national...

I'n going through SC at the moment, having previously been DV'd - that was a nightmare involving bank records, partners financial details and visits to my friends.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:46 pm

My friend got one recently because he is on NHS project. He is Indian national with ILR.

Does anybody know if this SC clearance is valid for limited period of time or indefinite?

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:58 pm

gainvidya wrote:My friend got one recently because he is on NHS project. He is Indian national with ILR.

Does anybody know if this SC clearance is valid for limited period of time or indefinite?
It's only valid for a limited period of time - mine was for 10 years.

noidentity81
Newly Registered

Post by noidentity81 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:06 pm

The requirements are you either need to be a British citizen or need to have lived in the country for a minimum 5 years so I dont think you could apply before coming into the country if you are on a HSMP/Tier 1 visa

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:12 pm

djb123 wrote:
gainvidya wrote:My friend got one recently because he is on NHS project. He is Indian national with ILR.

It's only valid for a limited period of time - mine was for 10 years.
And it expires without use after 18 months I think

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:18 am

i see in the industrial adds that more and more companies are requiring SC.

This makes the job market for immigrants much more thinner